Instead of a free admission on your b-day...

DrewmanS

It's a promotion

I know that, my point still stands. We won't be coming for either birthday since they're in the middle of the week meaning we won't be spending "any" money with them. If they offered you the chance to celebrate your birthday any time within 7 days of it, we'd definitely be there spending money on a ticket for myself and hotel rooms. Since its not, we won't be spending any.

Let's also remember it is a "promotion" to increase marketing of the parks. The point of the promotion is not to give everyone a free days admission, just as not everyone who went to a park the last 2 years got a prize.

I am sure the Execs have estimated how many people will take advantage of this offer. Some people will plan a vacation because of the free ticket, some may take advantage of the free ticket who already were planning to be at the parks, others may plan vacations because of the "marketing" even if they can not go on their Birthday. The rest will be uneffected by this campaign. The rules are in place to limit Disney's liabilities and costs why maximizing the marginal revenue from the promotion.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
agreed with the fact that she's out of luck.

but I don't get why you don't agree with anything I said. Disney doesn't owe her anything. She should save her Comp ticket for another day and use the free admission that they're offering for her bday. :shrug:
The only way I can afford to get down there for my birthday is because a very gracious CM friend is giving me comp tickets to get in for 3 days and allowing me to crash on their couch. It's not a matter of saving a ticket I hold in my possession for another day/trip.

When you factor in that I am heading down on a VERY limited budget with only enough to save for gas, packing cheap food to bring into the parks each day, etc, why would I NOT want to see if I can get a $75 gift card? Perhaps then I can pick up a souvenier of my first solo birthday trip.

It might not sound magical to you, but for me, it's one of the only things I'm looking forward to this year. Just wanted to make the most of it.

EDIT: By the way, I will graciously accept anything WDW gives me on my birthday. Whether admission to my most favorite place on Earth or a GC, it's a wonderful and unexpected gift that I will not complain about. Just wanted to make that clear. :D

Gorjus

Look at everyone trying to work the system. hehehe

I know that, my point still stands. We won't be coming for either birthday since they're in the middle of the week meaning we won't be spending "any" money with them. If they offered you the chance to celebrate your birthday any time within 7 days of it, we'd definitely be there spending money on a ticket for myself and hotel rooms. Since its not, we won't be spending any.

This is a MARKETING tool. Disney knows how to work a system. In no way does Disney expect or want everyone to be able to take advantage of this offer. If you won't be showing up on your birthday, it is ok. Your rationale sound a lot like the people that lie about the age of their child so as to get in for free or reduced price as well as pay for a lower priced meal. "But I'll still be spending money all over the resort. whereas if I have to pay full price, I won't be coming at all" If you really wanted to take advantage of this, request vacation time from work.

The only way I can afford to get down there for my birthday is because a very gracious CM friend is giving me comp tickets to get in for 3 days and allowing me to crash on their couch. It's not a matter of saving a ticket I hold in my possession for another day/trip.

When you factor in that I am heading down on a VERY limited budget with only enough to save for gas, packing cheap food to bring into the parks each day, etc, why would I NOT want to see if I can get a $75 gift card? Perhaps then I can pick up a souvenier of my first solo birthday trip.

It might not sound magical to you, but for me, it's one of the only things I'm looking forward to this year. Just wanted to make the most of it.

EDIT: By the way, I will graciously accept anything WDW gives me on my birthday. Whether admission to my most favorite place on Earth or a GC, it's a wonderful and unexpected gift that I will not complain about. Just wanted to make that clear. :D

It is wonderful that you are able to swing this visit. However, you are not who Disney is catering to. Give the cast member back one of their passes and use the free birthday admission. They can use that to help someone else.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
It is wonderful that you are able to swing this visit. However, you are not who Disney is catering to. Give the cast member back one of their passes and use the free birthday admission. They can use that to help someone else.
Fully aware of that, so I'm not going to complain. It's a blessing to get down there. Period. :D

kcnole

If you really wanted to take advantage of this, request vacation time from work.

If I was allowed to take vacation time from work I would do so. My job doesn't allow me to request vacation times. I'm told when my vacation time is and I take it then.

The Disney Kid

Gorjus, I have a question. If one of my party has a birthday while we're there can we add "no expiration" to the unused day on their key when we check out?

pinkcroc

Is the fastpass good all day? I was going to do the fastpass (because I thought it was like the dream fastpass from last year), but now I think I'll do the merchandise credit. My daughter has cinderella's castle from the monorail set and I'm sure my son would love the monorail. I will ask them to wrap (do they do that?) and deliver to our room "from Mickey" FUN!!!!

:sohappy:

btw... we were going for my son's birthday before they started this promotion, just a nice coincidence!

coulty

If you arrive at a Disney Theme Park ticket window on your bithday and present an admission ticket, you'll be able to choose from:

--A "Birthday Fun Card" in the amount equivalent to a one-day MYW Base Ticket for use in any Disney-owned merchandise location.

--A Birthday Fastpass good for Fastpass entrance to four attractions for up to six people.

--A one-day MYW Base Ticket good for one year.

we will have ultimate tickets for our holiday in may.My grandsons birthday is on the 21st of May, if we go to a park that day will he be eligable for anything???

marypoppins68

At the Magic Kingdom, the Fastpass Exchange card is only good for 4 attractions. You're given a choice of attractions to choose the 4 from. You can only use the card once at each attraction. Meaning, you can't get a FP for Splash Mountain and then go get another one for Splash Mountain. You would have to choose another attraction. But yes, you have all day to use the FP card. As long as FP's remain for that attraction. If all the FP"s have been given out then you won't be able to get one either.

Children are eligible for the prizes too. Register his birthday now, and then be sure to bring his passport along for identification. You have to have proof it is your birthday and you are who you say you are when you show up.:wave:

Rob562

Gorjus, I have a question. If one of my party has a birthday while we're there can we add "no expiration" to the unused day on their key when we check out?

Meaning you want to use the free admission on that person's birthday rather than the MYW ticket he'd been using, and then make the now extra day on the MYW ticket Non Expiring?

Well, you *can* do that, but from a financial standpoint it's far from the best decision...

You can add the No Expiration option to any MYW either before it's used or within 14 days from its first use. But, the price you pay is based on the *total* number of days on the ticket, not how many are left. So if you had a 7-day MYW ticket and have one day left on it that you want to save, it would cost you $110+tax (the price for No Expiration on a 7-day ticket) to make that one day non-expiring.

Other options would be for the Birthday Boy to get the replacement 1-day ticket that's good until his next birthday (assuming he'd be able to use that single day within the next year).

Or just get the Gift Card and go on a souvenier shopping spree.

-Rob

ncdisneyking

Birthday Pass

If you alrady have your ticket and get in then if you choose the card for disney gifts what exactly can you use that for ? I heard the fastpas was good for 4 rides up to 6 people. Give me some input please.

s8film40

There's an interesting twist to this for Disneyland annual passholders. There is a California law that states that gift cards cannot expire. So once you pick up your gift card at Disneyland it's good forever. There's more, California law also say's once the balance left on the card is less than $10 it can be redeemed for cash.

Rob562

If you alrady have your ticket and get in then if you choose the card for disney gifts what exactly can you use that for ? I heard the fastpas was good for 4 rides up to 6 people. Give me some input please.

You can use it at any Disney-owned store in the parks or Downtown Disney for just about any merchandise for sale there. You just can't use it for food. Nor will it be accepted at non-Disney merchandise locations (most of which are in Downtown Disney, but there's a few places in the parks, like the Yak & Yeti gift shop for example)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom