Inside WDW new space mountain 11/10/09

DisneyParksFan1

Exactly. Acknowledge the good parts...but hold them to a high standard and demand better.
:)

Look for this in the next couple of years when funds get figured out!!!!
Im no insider, but im calling it:D

Agreed, EPCOT Explorer. We can say great things about this refurb, but not all of it is great, and of course, as Disney fans we are always going to want more...:lol:

Innoventions, if you mean to say that you are calling so it will happen, then yes I agree with you. I think it will happen. I'm predicting an announcement during 2012 or so. At least that's what I am hoping for.:sohappy:

I've always wondered why it is that in WDW all those cheap things fly, and in DL, Tokyo, Paris, they get all the great, and lavish things. I know for a fact that DL is getting all this because they are in the process of fixing DL. Tokyo has the OLC, idk about Paris though. It's still always WDW getting the worst end of the stick. Oh well...

Mansion Butler

Hopefully, the CMs will now use the inside switchbacks to queue up the ride. So many times in the past I've seen the line extend out into Tomorrowland with guests standing in the hot FL sun, when inside the switchbacks weren't being used. It just really burns me (excuse the pun) when they do this.
That's not the CM's fault. They weren't able to because of the fastpass set up.

Agreed, EPCOT Explorer. We can say great things about this refurb, but not all of it is great, and of course, as Disney fans we are always going to want more...:lol:

Innoventions, if you mean to say that you are calling so it will happen, then yes I agree with you. I think it will happen. I'm predicting an announcement during 2012 or so. At least that's what I am hoping for.:sohappy:

I've always wondered why it is that in WDW all those cheap things fly, and in DL, Tokyo, Paris, they get all the great, and lavish things. I know for a fact that DL is getting all this because they are in the process of fixing DL. Tokyo has the OLC, idk about Paris though. It's still always WDW getting the worst end of the stick. Oh well...

Im thinking as early as 2011, but yup I think that is WDI next project in the Magic Kingdom, once the Fantasyland expansion is well underway Ill look for them to do this.

Buried20KLeague

Why in the world would WDW gut the inside of a still popular E ticket ride?? It doesn't make any sense. If you have an attraction that still has waits of 45 min or more on most days why would you change it. The General Public is perfectly happy with it.

Because turning it into a WORTHY next-gen e-ticket would be something they could advertise the absolute crap out of nationally, and directly impact attendance at WDW.

45 minute lines are there because it's what's available. And it's iconic. It's nostalgia. How many parents are in line with their kids because they want their kids to experience what they did as young kids? I know I will be in a month from now... But that doesn't mean that I don't think it needs to be changed.

Main Street USA

You're a perfect example of why WDW gets away with what they get away with. In Paris, Tokyo, or Anaheim it wouldn't fly.

These types of comments are hilarious. If you still go to WDW...ever...then you are ALSO a perfect example of "why WDW gets away with what they get away with."

They'll do whatever they please. Always have, and always will, so long as people like YOU keep giving them money.

Ha!

DDBB

No, he just has a different opinion than you. Clearly, that must be hard for you to comprehend.

Well when that person is basically saying that a refurbrished Ford Taurus is better than a top of the line, brand new luxury sedan then yes...it is a little hard to comprehend.

Wow, after reading this thread I think the wrong space mountain got the refurb, lol. So let me get this striaght...DL's space mountain is boring and has one of the worst layouts in roller coaster history. In fact it's so boring that the only way they could get people to ride it was to trick it out with state of the art special effects, a brand new smooth track, an onboard soundtrack, and everything else it got in it's rebuild. Yet inspite of all that, the ride is still a snoozefest? Maybe they should start using Disneyland's SM to cure people suffering from insomnia?

That's interesting though, cause if the layout is so horrible and the ride is so boring why in the world did they clone it in Hong Kong and Tokyo? I guess there are a lot of sleep deprived people over there. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize that WDW's space mountain was one of the most thrilling rides on earth, right up there with Millenium Force and X2. It always seemed a little slow and bumpy to me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad that WDW has a unique space mountain layout and all that, but I think people are going a little overboard in trying to justify the scope of this refurb.

DisneyLeo18

I have to agree that on-board audio is not always a good thing. On RnRC, it makes the ride what it is. But just adding audio does not always improve the experience.

If any of you have been to SF Great Adventure this past season, you know exactly what I'm talking about. They took a pretty decent B&M floorless coaster (Medusa), added audio, fire, and some lame flat scenery to make it Bizarro. I had high hopes for it, but it failed miserably. A great coaster that I had ridden for years actually became worse without even touching the track! The on-board audio had to be the worst part as it didn't seem to tie in at all.

Now I understand that I'm talking about SF, and this is Disney. They should be able to do it right. But I'll take the screams and the otherwise quiet of space any day.

Agreed. I know its not disney but still, the remake of this coaster seemed to be embarrassing.

This past summer was my first trip to SF so I never experienced Medusa, but Bizarro seemed to lack a lot. The ride was great, but the cutouts and audio were terrible. The audio went in and out all ride and was mostly garbled and added nothing.

I know disney is held to a higher level than SF, but it needs to be done right. I cant really jump in as I have never ridden SM outside of WDW, but it sounds like they know what they are doing by all the people bowing to the one in DL.

DisneyParksFan1

Im thinking as early as 2011, but yup I think that is WDI next project in the Magic Kingdom, once the Fantasyland expansion is well underway Ill look for them to do this.

Yes! Agreed. 2011 would be a great year to announce it it because the FYL expansion would be well underway, and the 40th anniversary is that year. I'm predicting that for the 40th anniversary we'll just get some announcements. Agreed with the next WDI project being in the Magic Kingdom, they want to fix DLR and by that time it will already be fixed except for some finishing touches on the DCA expansion. I think once they are done with DLR they will go on to WDW and fix our problems. Beginning with Tomorrowland.

Main Street USA

Well when that person is basically saying that a refurbrished Ford Taurus is better than a top of the line, brand new luxury sedan then yes...it is a little hard to comprehend.

I would tend to agree, but that isn't what's happening here. Just because the opinion isn't yours, or isn't popular, doesn't mean it isn't JUST as valid as the popular one. It's hard for some to comprehend because they think their opinion holds more weight, which is pretty laughable.

Exprcoofto

So, aside form this DL vs WDW, I found another picture on their database:

mtnsignLARGE.jpg

Atomicmickey

"WDW getting the worst end of the stick."

Yes, it get so much less than all the other 4-park, 2-water park, multi-resort properties on the globe.

"a WORTHY next-gen e-ticket"

Worthy of what? Your personal blessing? Wow . . .

"WDW gets away with what they get away with. In Paris, Tokyo, or Anaheim it wouldn't fly."

Um, California Adventure? The half-studios in Paris?

These types of comments are hilarious. If you still go to WDW...ever...then you are ALSO a perfect example of "why WDW gets away with what they get away with."

They'll do whatever they please. Always have, and always will, so long as people like YOU keep giving them money.

Ha!

The funny thing is they could care less about what "we" think. Its all about the big bucks. And yes just like you said they will do whatever they well please. The only thing they are concerened about is bringing in "new' guests not return quests. They know they already sold their "product" to us and we dont need any more convincing for us to spend the money we do.

I can not wait to see the finished product in person when I go in either January or February.

DisneyParksFan1

"WDW getting the worst end of the stick."

Yes, it get so much less than all the other 4-park, 2-water park, multi-resort properties on the globe.

"a WORTHY next-gen e-ticket"

Worthy of what? Your personal blessing? Wow . . .

"WDW gets away with what they get away with. In Paris, Tokyo, or Anaheim it wouldn't fly."

Um, California Adventure? The half-studios in Paris?

Yes, but I believe in quality over quantity. I am not in any way trying to bash on WDW, but it's obvious that DL has more quality than WDW. Again I love WDW I live right next door to it(45 mins) and have grown up with that Magical place, but I am simply being realistic. Quality over quantity.

DDBB

I would tend to agree, but that isn't what's happening here. Just because the opinion isn't yours, or isn't popular, doesn't mean it isn't JUST as valid as the popular one. It's hard for some to comprehend because they think their opinion holds more weight, which is pretty laughable.

I'm not saying anyone's opinion holds more weight. I'm just saying I don't understand the logic behind that opinion. Esp at this point when all we've seen are a few pictures of the queue.

Main Street USA

I'm not saying anyone's opinion holds more weight. I'm just saying I don't understand the logic behind that opinion. Esp at this point when all we've seen are a few pictures of the queue.
I just meant that some people (for whatever reason, and the reasons don't matter) may even believe that WDW's SM was superior to others before this refurb. It's personal preference, and nothing more. There doesn't have to be a logical reason. I'm watching other people call others "crazy" and "out of their mind." It's kind of ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom