Inside Out 2

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Check this out. IO2 is only opening this weekend (and a few weeks later) in the following markets. IO2 broke opening week records without them...

1719062043297.png

Jedijax719

Good movie, not sure if it is worth ALL of the hype it's getting. It's much more intimate than the first which had a bigger overall dilemma in my opinion. Moving to a new city rather than having to make the elite hockey team is not a comparision.

Also, I felt the middle did not have the true sense of journey and tension that the first one had and began to feel more like a psychoanalysis than an action story. Lots of talking rather than doing in the 2nd act. I still think the first one was much better. But it was very very relatable.

All that said, the movie WILL become the most successful animated film of all time, domestically at least. It's going to blow past Incredibles 2 easily domestically and has a (I'd say) 50/50 shot at beating Frozen 2 world wide.

TalkingHead

If that's the only thing you have to say about the film you must be unfathomably boring.
What else is there? I’m summarizing the party line on the movie which seems to mirror the marketing. Love the first film, think it’s one of Pixar’s best, but just have no interest in a sequel that seems competently phoned in.

DKampy

What else is there? I’m summarizing the party line on the movie which seems to mirror the marketing. Love the first film, think it’s one of Pixar’s best, but just have no interest in a sequel that seems competently phoned in.
Well there is your problem commenting on things you know nothing about.., I don’t watch transformers movies cause after watching the 1st one I decided they weren’t for me.., but I would never surmise what is the plot cause I have not watched any of them

LittleBuford

I’m puzzled that you wouldn’t want to watch the sequel given that you love the original so much. It would be one thing if critical and audience reactions had been negative, but they haven’t. Will you watch it when it goes to Disney+?

TalkingHead

Well there is your problem commenting on things you know nothing about.., I don’t watch transformers movies cause after watching the 1st one I decided they weren’t for me.., but I would never surmise what is the plot cause I have not watched any of them
Read wiki or some reviews, I’m sure you’d get the gist.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
…Deja vu all over again

C33Mom

Yea it definitely is around me. And I'm guessing that's consistent most places. Retail took a beating with a lot of the Disney merch the last couple years. So I would guess your Target's, Walmarts and others probably pulled back on ordering. It makes sense, and if the movie continues to be successful, you'll probably see the stores ramp up their selection.
We were in the parks the day it was released. Even with Pixar Fest ongoing, there was extremely limited InsideOut2 merch.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Kind of nuts that Apes continues clinging to the top 5 (it’s fourth). Small numbers, but still.

4.) Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (20th) 2,410 (-190) theaters, Fri $1M Sat $1.49M Sun $1.1M 3-day $3.7M (-33%), Total $164.4M/Wk 7

BrianLo

Original Poster
Inside out seems to have the domestic power of Incredibles 2 and the International power of Frozen 2 (sans China).

Its clearance worldwide of Mario seems quite achievable. Its ability to clear Frozen 2 seems now possible if Japan shows up strongly.

Which sounds like a beyond absurd premise if someone said this 2 weeks ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom