Inside Out 2

easyrowrdw

View attachment 799363

This is honestly still kind of baffling to me. This franchise was never felt to be in quite this league... let alone beat it all.

It's now 30+ million ahead of Incredibles 2's pace.
For me, there's a universality to Inside Out 2 that isn't there in the other movies on the graph. There are two sequels to major hits, but they're just sequels. Lion King is a remake of a beloved movie. Mario Bros is a fun, easy movie based on a most popular video character. IMO, these movies aren't about much beyond themselves.

Inside Out 2 is about Riley, yes, but it touches on a part of one's life and experiences that I think connects with many people. Maybe that is why it is bringing in numbers well beyond expectations. I had criticisms of the movie, but I didn't really care about them in the end.

Phroobar

For me, there's a universality to Inside Out 2 that isn't there in the other movies on the graph. There are two sequels to major hits, but they're just sequels. Lion King is a remake of a beloved movie. Mario Bros is a fun, easy movie based on a most popular video character. IMO, these movies aren't about much beyond themselves.

Inside Out 2 is about Riley, yes, but it touches on a part of one's life and experiences that I think connects with many people. Maybe that is why it is bringing in numbers well beyond expectations. I had criticisms of the movie, but I didn't really care about them in the end.
Good point. It is something that is easy to connect with. It also didn't have any Disney politics that other movies have. There was some hero/celebrity worship but it didn't go beyond that.

DKampy

Good point. It is something that is easy to connect with. It also didn't have any Disney politics that other movies have. There was some hero/celebrity worship but it didn't go beyond that.
What were the politics in The Little Mermaid, light year, Wish, The Marvels, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Antman, GotG, Doctor Strange, Wakanda Forever, Soul, Turning Red, Onward, Luca…. Because other than complaints about what characters were featured…. I did not see much actual politics

Mr. Sullivan

What were the politics in The Little Mermaid, light year, Wish, The Marvels, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Antman, GotG, Doctor Strange, Wakanda Forever, Soul, Turning Red, Onward, Luca…. Because other than complaints about what characters were featured…. I did not see much actual politics
There are none. There aren’t politics in any Disney films unless someone considers same-sex couples existing politics.

Prince-1

You didn't see any because there are none. Just a bunch of people complaining about nothing and afraid of maybe having to answer a question their kids may ask.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's digitalized version of Inside Out 2's opening logo. Noting that this above version use the official respective fanfares for Disney and Pixar logos, while below one is the opening theme of the film.

Hey, boss, how many hidden Mickeys do you want in this thing?

How high can you count?

wtyy21

Inside Out 2 becoming the second (or the first for some) animated film to cross $1 billion in overseas markets. With $1.649B box office total, it only had $14 million gap with The Lion King 2019 photorealistic animated remake ($1.663B including re-releases) to become the highest-grossing animated film officially. It expected to soon take over the crown as soon as next weekend.

Last edited:

wtyy21

Pixar released the official Youtube video about Global Phenomenon of Inside Out 2. Interestingly, this video was released 2 days after it officially become the highest-grossing animated film ever, surpassing 2019 version of The Lion King (NOT live-action remake, but photorealistic CGI animated remake).

Note: The Instagram equivalent of same video was released on August 31, 2024, a day before it officially become the highest-grossing animated film.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

If we were to group Disney animation with Pixar, I think Inside out 2 is so profitable that it made up for all the losses of 2023 made by Disney animation with Pixar. 👍

Phroobar

So it was a good thing Pixar did some quick editing to Inside Out 2 before release and sent Elio back to be majorly reworked. Elio was suppose to come out last spring.

Fox&Hound

I wonder if the reveal of Riley’s deep dark secret after the credits was a last minute addition in order to quell any suspicions about her deep dark secret being something controversial. Wasn’t it something lame like she spilled something on her grandma’s rug????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom