Inside Out 2

easyrowrdw

What if those outside groups are pushing to prevent LBTQ representation? Perhaps I’m misunderstanding you, but you’re making it seem as if the only people with an agenda are those who welcome such representation.
I wasn't intending to. From my original comment..."On other side, different fans were pushing for nothing of the sort."

Magenta Panther

Ah, so Disney learned its lesson after all, and applied it to Inside Out 2...

aladdin.gif

Animaniac93-98

The problem is it’s a lot harder to jump from “no representation” to “main character and thematic center of a film,” then it is to gradually build representation over many years. We’re witnessing a very significant cultural surrender to some of the worst and loudest voices in society.

But Disney still wants to have it both ways.

Sell rainbow merch, host pride events devoid of actual queer representation/content, self-congratulate themselves over what they do behind the scenes (now the norm for many corporations) all while reassuring everyone that anything actually gay will be out of sight and out of mind.

Their continued efforts to throw LGBTQ+ people under the bus would actually be less offensive if they also didn't want to explicitly extract money and attention from this group before sacrificing them at their earliest convenience.

LittleBuford

But Disney still wants to have it both ways.

Sell rainbow merch, host pride events devoid of actual queer representation/content, self-congratulate themselves over what they do behind the scenes (now the norm for many corporations) all while reassuring everyone that anything actually gay will be out of sight and out of mind.

Their continued efforts to throw LGBTQ+ people under the bus would actually be less offensive if they also didn't want to explicitly extract money and attention from this group before sacrificing them at their earliest convenience.
How is Disney “reassuring everyone that anything actually gay will be out of sight and out of mind”? Since you never respond to my posts, I can only assume you have me on ignore, so perhaps one of the people who liked your post might explain what you mean.

Vegas Disney Fan

Just watched this and gotta admit I’m a little surprised it broke the all time box office record, it’s good but I liked the first one better.

Good story, good message, relatable, nothing really negative to say… maybe I expected too much based on all the box office hype but I’d say it’s “one of the better” Pixar movies rather than “one of the best” Pixar movies.

In a weird way I think that’s a positive for Disney, it shows there’s still a huge market for them, they don’t need to blow minds, they just need to put out a good story and get some positive word of mouth and people will still show up in massive numbers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Just watched this and gotta admit I’m a little surprised it broke the all time box office record, it’s good but I liked the first one better.

Good story, good message, relatable, nothing really negative to say… maybe I expected too much based on all the box office hype but I’d say it’s “one of the better” Pixar movies rather than “one of the best” Pixar movies.

In a weird way I think that’s a positive for Disney, it shows there’s still a huge market for them, they don’t need to blow minds, they just need to put out a good story and get some positive word of mouth and people will still show up in massive numbers.
First I think it was seen as more of a return to form for Pixar and Disney as a whole, so that got a lot of people to go. Then add in the nostalgia factor from the first film, as many kids at the time are now in their late teens/early 20s, and you had a recipe for breaking records.

Heppenheimer

Maybe pent up demand for a Disney or Pixar movie that was actually somewhat good explains the box office?

We'll watch it this weekend. I'm not expecting to be blown out of the water, but maybe enough of that old Pixar magic remains that I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom