Inside Out 2

Disstevefan1

I heard Inside out 2 made more money in its opening weekend that Wish did in its entire run!

Good to see Disney (actually Pixar) may have put out a movie that makes more money at the box office than it cost to make and market.

The break even I am guessing is about 600M

Trauma

It’s a statement of fact, not a feeling. All Disney and Pixar films are designed to be broadly appealing to family audiences. That doesn’t mean they won’t offend certain people, but that they are intended to be family-friendly is so obvious that I’m not sure how anyone could dispute it.
Well if that’s how they are “designed” they certainly have been well off the mark.

At least they got it right with Inside Out 2 and will now reap the rewards !

Phroobar

It's weird that the crowd that says we must love all Disney hates it when we DO love a new release from Disney. They have to go against their routine.

LittleBuford

Please do tell… what is so offensive and non family friendly in films like Wish, Elemental, Haunted Mansion, the Little Mermaid… I can’t think of anything
Elemental is significant in this regard, because it ended up doing pretty well despite having a clear social message and featuring queer characters. For those who view Disney as pushing an agenda, Elemental had more of it than either Lightyear or Wish.

Trauma

Elemental is significant in this regard, because it ended up doing pretty well despite having a clear social message and featuring queer characters. For those who view Disney as pushing an agenda, Elemental had more of it than either Lightyear or Wish.
Inside out 2 has already made more $$$ domestically than Elemental.

A great example of why Pixar should stick to the Inside out 2 formula.

DKampy

Elemental was a quintessentially Pixar film, true to the studio’s formula. I believe that’s why it got such good word of mouth.
Agreed… I believe it was quality that won out…..IMO Lightyear was a significant step down in quality from usual Pixar… and it had nothing to do with any so called “offensive” material… as there was nothing in there that was not family friendly… It was just boring…

Disstevefan1

Godzilla Minus one is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time!!

Loved Elemental.
Liked Haunted Mansion.
TLM was just OK, I liked the original animated movie better.
Wish..... Started to watch but never finished.

Very much looking forward to Inside out 2 when it gets on streaming,

Phroobar

Godzilla Minus one is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time!!

Loved Elemental.
Liked Haunted Mansion.
TLM was just OK, I liked the original animated movie better.
Wish..... Started to watch but never finished.

Very much looking forward to Inside out 2 when it gets on streaming,
I wish Netflix was streaming Godzilla Minus Color as an option. I saw it originally subtitled in the theater. It was nice to watch it again dubbed.

I still refuse to watch Wish even presented to me on a giant jumbotron. Maybe when I get the Rifftrax audio track for it.

Inside Out 2 I might just buy the bluray.

LittleBuford

I apologize.

It’s just a pattern.

You make a comment and then someone asks for specifics, when you know that none can be given.

Why ask the question when you know it can’t be answered?

Of course my frustration shouldn’t have boiled over in accusations.

My fault.

After our conversation here I realize I should have done a better job with my wording.

I should have said something like “backlash free” instead of “family friendly”.

I do think it’s hard to define what is family friendly since we have a large degree of variance in value systems across the world.
Thank you for your apology and for your thoughtful response.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom