Innoventions West to Close in May?

plutoismyhero

I don't think Epcot is going to get the big make over treatment like we believe is in the works for DHS, I think they are going to get a phased freshening that is at least 10 years overdue. We already have two major projects in the Frozen-Norway and Soarin changes.

I think the BH6 rumors are probably more or less on-point. We've known for awhile that leadership wants a 3rd festival focused on Future World and Technology. BH6 has given them a kid-friendly method to do that. I expect Innoventions will become BH6 - STEM related as others have rumored and that will anchor a new technology festival. and what is currently Innoventions West will be split between that and on-going convention space.

Ummmm what is BH6???

brava_centauri

Original Poster
This won't affect the Epcot Character spot side of Innoventions and the open window hallway?
Just as long as that is open...I'll be happy...
4560364402_a690d54878_z.jpg

Also let's just hope they keep the Innoventions loop going!

What's really interesting about this part of the building and may be a reason why it's existed in its current incarnation this long is that Disney seems to be using it as a form of long-term storage. When I first started at Inno, my coworkers knew I was a self-proclaimed Epcot fanatic. My trainer took us there as a surprise after I told him that I hadn't made it down when the 25th Anniversary exhibit was open; he unlocked the doors and almost all of the signage (including the exhibit posters for each of the original Future World and World Showcase pavilions) was still there being stored where the exhibit had been. Oddly enough, they also have all of the Segways from the tours around World Showcase charging there as well, so maybe they're reluctant to re-purpose that building because they don't want to lose the air conditioned area and know it can easily be converted to exhibition space in the future.

Cmdr_Crimson

What's really interesting about this part of the building and may be a reason why it's existed in its current incarnation this long is that Disney seems to be using it as a form of long-term storage. When I first started at Inno, my coworkers knew I was a self-proclaimed Epcot fanatic. My trainer took us there as a surprise after I told him that I hadn't made it down when the 25th Anniversary exhibit was open; he unlocked the doors and almost all of the signage (including the exhibit posters for each of the original Future World and World Showcase pavilions) was still there being stored where the exhibit had been. Oddly enough, they also have all of the Segways from the tours around World Showcase charging there as well, so maybe they're reluctant to re-purpose that building because they don't want to lose the air conditioned area and know it can easily be converted to exhibition space in the future.
It still is. I took a look last November...All signs were still up even during the time Epcot character spot moved there during it's return.

RSoxNo1

I would love to see some sort of Horizons 2 in either the Innoventions West bldg or WoE bldg. Bring back the original concept of Horizons, update it with modern tech like LEDs and LCD screens, make it even better than the first.

here is a little reminder of some of the cool scenery from the original Horizons:

What's ironic is that "Beachboy" is now in charge of that park and has more or less been set up to fail (no budget for no attractions/fixing that park).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This doesn't disappoint me.. But I wish Disney would move "Where's the Fire?" over to the other Innoventions! It is by far one of the most entertaining and intense interactive games on Disney property! It is very fun! And on top of that, pretty educational!! One of Innoventions best in my opinion.. I won a "dream pass" for being on the winning team one time when I was little.

Yankee Mouse

It will probably be repurposed into a character meet and greet ala Princess Fairytale Hall. Might even be able to meet a futuristic Anna and Elsa there.

note2001

It will probably be repurposed into a character meet and greet ala Princess Fairytale Hall. Might even be able to meet a futuristic Anna and Elsa there.
Sad note on the state of Disney theme park entertainment when it's a sure thing were all thinking this, but didn't want to say it.
After seeing what they did to the Canada Pavilion stage, I wouldn't put it past them. :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom