Innoventions West to Close in May?

Communicore

This won't affect the Epcot Character spot side of Innoventions and the open window hallway?
Just as long as that is open...I'll be happy...
4560364402_a690d54878_z.jpg

Also let's just hope they keep the Innoventions loop going!
Man oh man, this place is the best.

PhilharMagician

Seems in line with the direction the parks are heading. Why would Disney want to have an innovative area of attractions to entertain their guests when they can spend the money on being innovative with tracking systems for guest spending. :rolleyes:

Innoventions has been somewhat of a ghost town for many years since many of the exhibit areas are vacant or in just poor condition. I fear that the area will become more event space or storage.

Jon81uk

Seems in line with the direction the parks are heading. Why would Disney want to have an innovative area of attractions to entertain their guests when they can spend the money on being innovative with tracking systems for guest spending. :rolleyes:

Innoventions has been somewhat of a ghost town for many years since many of the exhibit areas are vacant or in just poor condition. I fear that the area will become more event space or storage.

They weren't particularly innovative attractions anyway :)

ItlngrlBella

EPCOT used to feel like a vibrant "World's Fair" and it had a futuristic optimism/wonder to it.

Now I feel like I'm walking in an abandoned wasteland (well, a "clean" and "manicured" wasteland) ala George Hamilton, when he gets out of his time machine and discovers the futuristic yet empty buildings of The Eloi.

Beware of the Morlocks (aka as DVC reps).

Last edited:

WDWFREAK53

So, Innoventions West becomes event space. This may open up the possibility to redo the Wonders of Life Pavilion.

I mean, how much event space do they need in Epcot?
Correct me if I'm mistaken but don't they already have Millennium Village, Odyssey, and WoL open for event space whenever they want?

rsoxguy

I must admit that I will not miss this if it is indeed scrapped. The whole concept seams so outdated to me. I believe that much of EPCOT's original appeal faded at the hands of "the future is now". It was all started when things within this world really began to progress in a big way, but much of it became unimpressive and outdated within the passing years. We now have computer watches, and the future is indeed now. I have honestly not had a lot of use for the things presented in this section of EPCOT for a long time.

Cmdr_Crimson

EPCOT really used to feel like a vibrant "World's Fair" and it had a futuristic optimism and wonder to it - now I feel like I'm walking in an abandoned wasteland ala George Hamilton when he gets out of his time machine and discovers the futuristic yet empty buildings of The Eloi.

Actually I think it would look more like the "Life After" Based imagry..
life_after_disney__epcot_veiw_by_eledoremassis02-d3j2wif.jpg

Last edited:

ItlngrlBella

I must admit that I will not miss this if it is indeed scrapped. The whole concept seams so outdated to me. I believe that much of EPCOT's original appeal faded at the hands of "the future is now". It was all started when things within this world really began to progress in a big way, but much of it became unimpressive and outdated within the passing years. We now have computer watches, and the future is indeed now. I have honestly not had a lot of use for the things presented in this section of EPCOT for a long time.

It would be awesome to see some new attraction or interactive exhibit space but regardless, the future is still moving forward. I can take my girls to Discovery World at the Milwaukee lakefront and they can experience cutting edge tech - like holding their hands under a green light that projects back onto the top of their hand their actual veins/arteries (in real time, you can see them pulsing). There are 3-D holograms and other cool things shown at CES in Vegas every year. It's that kind of "futuristic" stuff that inspires and that everyone misses seeing.

Last edited:

rsoxguy

It would be awesome to see some new attraction or interactive exhibit space but regardless, the future is still moving forward. I can take my girls to Discovery World at the Milwaukee lakefront and they can experience cutting edge tech - like holding their hands under a green light that projects back into the top of their hand their actual veins/arteries (real time, you can see them pulsing). There are 3-D holograms and other cool things shown at CES in Vegas every year. That's kind of "future" stuff I miss seeing.
The problem lies in the fact that the attraction in question is not very innovative in it's choice of presentations. I don't really know how it is that Disney can keep up with technical or societal advances, but the attraction suffers as a result of their current efforts. It really isn't a big deal to me, as I just walk past it for several visits after walking through once every few visits.

JohnD

Who goes in there anyway on either side? They should just tear down the semicircular infrastructure to provide better flow to both sides of FW and rebuild space as needed for Mouse Gear, etc.

Jahona

and the impressive "play video game consoles you can find at your local Best Buy" exhibit still

I remember back in the 90s having a bunch of awesome arcade cabinets a long with some interesting virtual reality exhibits. I might have spent to much time in there as a kid than I should have.

Innoventions to me is just a nice A/C break walking between sections. I have vague memories from the 90s of some cool exhibits but last I walked through nothing stuck out as interesting. I would love to see it turn into a proper emerging technology pavilion, similar to what is shown at SIGGRAPH and at SXSW. I've seen some cool things at SIGGRAPH that the general public has no idea existed.

Communicore

How about putting in a huge bar. Its getting to be too far to walk all the way to World Showcase just to get a drink!
Yes, that would be great! It will be the Communicore bar and drinks will be named after original Communicore exhibits and areas! I'd love to have an Exxon Oil drink (wait, that does not sound right) haha.

Communicore

Who goes in there anyway on either side? They should just tear down the semicircular infrastructure to provide better flow to both sides of FW and rebuild space as needed for Mouse Gear, etc.
I would like to see it torn down too. Give it the Horizons treatment!

DaGoof00

So, Innoventions West becomes event space. This may open up the possibility to redo the Wonders of Life Pavilion.

I mean, how much event space do they need in Epcot?
Correct me if I'm mistaken but don't they already have Millennium Village, Odyssey, and WoL open for event space whenever they want?
This is was I was thinking as well. A boy can dream...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom