Innoventions Music Removal Watch

mikejs78

Premium Member
All the new music in Epcot is just so forgettable. If you're not humming it after you leave why bother?
Disagree a little. I think the new music is great, very epic, fitting of the park. But the Innoventions music is something special.

I'm not too upset about the removal of the old entrance music - but if the Innoventions Loop ever goes away completely, Epcot won't be the same for me.

Cmdr_Crimson

All the new music in Epcot is just so forgettable. If you're not humming it after you leave why bother?
Also the fact that they are all licensed songs rather than uniquely themed scores based around the pavilions..

And this isn't just the Epcot loops it's gone the cheap side doing it at AK..Like the new Theater in the Wild loop..

castlecake2.0

This isn’t a new trend. Disney has been using licensed songs for BGM loops for decades.
Almost all of the world showcase loops are licensed non Disney songs (except new updates in France, China, Mexico). Listen closely in UK you’ll even hear the Beegees! My only critique for the new main entrance loop is they didn’t bridge the songs together with an original score like the old loop. That could have felt it feel less like a Spotify playlist.

GustoGummi

Disagree a little. I think the new music is great, very epic, fitting of the park. But the Innoventions music is something special.

I'm not too upset about the removal of the old entrance music - but if the Innoventions Loop ever goes away completely, Epcot won't be the same for me.
I mean sure it sounds "epic" but you can sound epic and still be memorable. A lot of theme parks use generic epic sounding music in there parks, I can literally hear the same stuff at SeaWorld.

Figment82

The Wonders of Life, 1994 Tomorrowland, and pre-Soarin’ Land interior loops were all licensed music, but they’re some of my absolute favorites and I listen to them regularly. The Innoventions loop includes a David Arkenstone song, but it’s the section that really made my mom and I fall in love with it. The new entrance music is nice, but it’s not something that really captures my attention as memorable or would be something I’d listen to on my own. It’s just… there…

I hope we never lose the Innoventions loop in some capacity. I’ll hover around a single speaker if I have to! 😂

mikejs78

Premium Member
The Wonders of Life, 1994 Tomorrowland, and pre-Soarin’ Land interior loops were all licensed music, but they’re some of my absolute favorites and I listen to them regularly. The Innoventions loop includes a David Arkenstone song, but it’s the section that really made my mom and I fall in love with it. The new entrance music is nice, but it’s not something that really captures my attention as memorable or would be something I’d listen to on my own. It’s just… there…

I hope we never lose the Innoventions loop in some capacity. I’ll hover around a single speaker if I have to! 😂
I listen to the new entrance loop frequently. I think it's great. And I hum some of the songs in it.

Illuminations preshow music was all licensed and both of those loops are among my favorite park loops ever.

But I am with you on the Innoventions loop. That's Epcot to me.

Figment82

I listen to the new entrance loop frequently. I think it's great. And I hum some of the songs in it.

Illuminations preshow music was all licensed and both of those loops are among my favorite park loops ever.

But I am with you on the Innoventions loop. That's Epcot to me.
Ooh yes, forgot about the IllumiNations preshow loop - another top favorite of mine (the first version, wasn’t super fond of the second).

I need to give the new entrance loop another chance. It hasn’t had time to really sink in, and I’m not fond of change, haha!

ToTBellHop

Let's not forget that there will be a new Entrance Loop once the new Epcot overhaul is closer to completion.
Are you suggesting the current loop will be replaced? I don’t believe that’s the plan. The entrance is “done”. The spine will have some new music once it’s done.

Haven’t heard if anyone cares to keep the Innoventions loop. At least in a bathroom, please? And obviously we can expect updates in World Discovery.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Are you suggesting the current loop will be replaced? I don’t believe that’s the plan. The entrance is “done”. The spine will have some new music once it’s done.

Haven’t heard if anyone cares to keep the Innoventions loop. At least in a bathroom, please? And obviously we can expect updates in World Discovery.
I think the Innoventions music would actually fit well with World Discovery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom