Injuries at the parks

DisneyGigi

I dont know what caused the accident that we saw when we were there last year but as we were going into dine at Coral Reef there was a man had apparently fallen and busted his face wide open on those little rock type walls around the flowers not far from the entrance to Coral Reef. There was blood everywhere on the ground and all over the ledge of the wall.Some people passing by stopped and were holding him on the ground with rags held to the wounds. A stretcher came and picked him up before we entered. I never found out what the deal was, it was hot so I wondered if it was a heat stroke, I also noticed that his shoelaces were untied so I wondered if he had tripped on them. Anyway the thing that stood out in my mind (besides hoping he was okay, of course) was that when we left the blood was still there dried on the wall and ground. I would have thought they would have cleaned it up better than that. :shrug:

Rob562

A number of years ago, I was walking along the sidewalk on Main Street on evening. I'd gone to get my sweatshirt from our locker and was returning to our group in Liberty Square. It was getting to be parade time, so there were people sitting along the curb.

One couple was sitting talking to each other while their young son (maybe 3 or 4 years old) sat in the stroller. It was a rental stroller, but it was an older jogging type of stroller, the ones that the MK had for a short time between the old shopping-cart strollers and the current plastic ones. The kid stood up on the seat, leaned back, and it immediately flipped over backwards. By some freak of timing, his head landed directly on the top of my shoe as I passed by. He didn't cry, he just looked up at me all confused. It wasn't until his parents jumped up and were all worried over him that he started crying. I shudder to think about how ugly it would have been if he'd hit his head on the sidewalk and not my foot...

Of course I blame the parents. Rather than sitting on either side of the stroller where they could keep an eye on him and what he was doing while still being able to chat with each other, they were both on one side turned to face each other with the closest parent with their back to him.

Needless to say, within a year or so they replaced those strollers (they had them at Epcot, too) with the current versions. I bet they had MANY flip-over accidents. And after I described what happened to my friends, they decided to twist the "kids' head lands on Rob's foot" story into "Rob kicked some kid in the head"... :rolleyes:

-Rob

Roxas

Another time DS was 6 snorkeling with the sharks at TL swimming along w/DW, he got so excited, tried diving down to the sharks and began pulling mom under snorkel and all!! Not good accidentally drowning mom in a pool of sharks !!

Ouch... I did that too when I was about 4 (first trip)

When I was there 2007 in Epcot we went with my cousin (about 10 at the time) we were going through that canopied area between Mousewerks and Innoventions West and some old git on one of those motorised wheelchair ran straight over my cousins foot (he was only wearing sandals) this woldn't have been much of a problem if the guy had apologised but instead he starts shouting at my cousin for "being in the way" luckily the CM at the stall was paying attention and had first aid come out (he spent the rest of the day in a wheelchair but got off with severe bruising).

How some people can be so rude though:fork:

slooger99

I was working at the popcorn stand in Frontierland in front of Pecos Bills, and some kid came flying by in those sho/skates. and his skate got caught in the crack in the pavement and did the splits and let out some high pitched girl scream, man was that funny

TrojanUSC

I was in a GSM when a souvenir beer stein (bought in the castle shop) was accidentally dropped from a moving train at the top of Space Mountain to the bottom, striking a guy in a moving train at the bottom of the building, cracking his skull open.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I was in a GSM when a souvenir beer stein (bought in the castle shop) was accidentally dropped from a moving train at the top of Space Mountain to the bottom, striking a guy in a moving train at the bottom of the building, cracking his skull open.

Two questions:
  • What is a GSM? :confused:
    and
  • Why did someone have a beer stein on Space Mountain? :hammer:

TrojanUSC

Yep Guest Service Manager...and if I remember, he had it in a bag and either he dropped the bag or the beer stein fell out of the bag.

julsie

i was in toon town at MK when some non-english speak woman ran me down with her electric wheel chair thingy ended up with a sprained ankle and a few bumps and bruises 2 very nice CM's picked me up and took me to the 1st aid place.

also was staying at pop centry last year... it had been raining to the ground was pretty slippy... i was waiting for the elevator when this laddie came running out from the pool towards me ( i am assuming he was running for the lift) when his feet went out from under him and he slid a good distance on his back!! there was some small cuts on his back but nothing major and he didnt seem to bothered..his mum gave him a right telling off for running in the wet though

Disneybub

I once fell off the carousel in MK, i was about 9, and im still embarrassed to this day.... I've watched people try and sit down at TL in the surf pool, :eek: the scratched on their knees and back is crazy, sure dont see the same person do it twice. :rolleyes:

cblodg

I've seen a couple of spills in my time, but the one that stands out in my mind happended about 2 years ago. We were in Epcot and by the Fountain of Nations watching the show. All of a sudden we saw a group of (what my mother would call "little ____ts!," you know the type) teenagers using their heelies all around the plaza. Running into people and causing a ruckus. Well, the CMs in the area had had enough. One of them started after one of the little darlings and he started to speed up. The CM just stopped and looked at the kid. The kid turned his head to look behind him and started to utter something to the CM when all of a sudden WHAM! He went right into the railing that guards the Fountain. :ROFLOL::dazzle::ROFLOL:

I swear he almost vaulted right over the barrier. His friends went over to help him just as Disney Security and additional CMs arrived. They took hold of the kids and proceeded to drag them on their heelies to the exit of the park. Mind you everyone that was "terrorized" by these little darlings were cheering as they were removed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom