Info about future timekeeper attraction

Lee

Adventurer
There is an "attraction" (doesnt specify ride or show) that has been announced for a 2009 debut in Tokyo that has to do with playing a game of hide and seek with the Monsters inc. characters. This is what I think we are getting.

Nope.
The Tokyo attraction is a ride. It's interactive like Buzz/MiB. Looks cool.
WDW is getting a different attraction (show) alltogether.
:wave:

ToTBellHop

I'm actually happy that we are getting a show--I'd be mildly perturbed if they were just going to clone the same ride for all of the parks (much like they have pretty much done with Buzz--I realize there are subtle differences, but the overall ride experience has remained largely unchanged).

And hasn't the Robocoaster technology been largely worked out? I wouldn't be surprised if Disney modified it a bit to look less ridiculous and more like a Disney ride vehicle, but I was under the impression that the ride system was ready for parks w/ the money...?

mickeysgal

Thelazer said:
There is no such ride that will remove the car from the track. The arm is mounted on a track, the vehicle is mounted to the arm and the whole thing travels together. That's it, plan and simple. It never once, separates.

I'm glad you mentioned this... I was thinking the same thing...from the pictures I saw of the system, the arm ran across the track and not the car. This sounds like a nice attraction. I know that on the other threads, posters were concerned about the limited seats and possible slow loading time. Maybe with a slower moving dark ride will work better than a faster thrill ride.

I hope this comes true...it sounds like a fun attraction!

animay

It'd be fun if the arm ran on an obscured track above the cars and the cars ran just above a clearly seen but 'fake' track on the floor. The arm could lift the cars up off the fake track and scare the heck out of the unsuspecting riders. :lol:

ToTBellHop

Now THAT sounds like an Incredibles ride...if they coupled that movement seamlessly with a robot animatronic (that big robot in the movie), it would be really cool. As for hourly capacity, who's to say Disney can't make a large version with say 8 to 12 seats per car with dual loading. Then you'd easily have DINOSAUR's hourly capacity, which is perfectly reasonable. This is definitely an E-Ticket, so I'm sure hourly capacity is being taken into account.

darthjohnny

Wait, does anyone know if the "robotic arm" will be seen, like the hand from the Omnidroid from the movie that will be picked up the car, or will it be hidden, and simulate the car flying through the air or falling off a building?

Lee

Adventurer
Keeping in mind that I have very little info about the Incredibles ride, or how they are exactly using the robocoaster tech, this is from an email I got a few months back. It never actually referenced the Incredibles, and may not be the same ride, but I suspect it is.

"Imagine you were on a dark ride and the vehicle suddenly left the track and began to move in 3 dimensions."

Me likes.:D

Ansem

So much to take in! Monsters Inc, and the Incredibles?
Even if Monsters Inc turns out to be a show, I'll be very happy. True, it doesn't fit much to form residing in Tommorrowland, but I always enjoy something a little different and entertaining while I take a break from miles of walking and endless lines. I don't think there's been a time where I haven't enjoyed a small shaded bit of fun at Tarzan or the Lion King in Animal Kingdom...If Monsters Inc is as enginuitive and cute as all the other shows have been, (and I'm sure it will be) I'd be more than happy to add it to my regular schedule of fun breaks. :p If it turns out to be a ride, I'm sure I'd love it...Sulley is such a cutie!

As for The Incredibles ride, I'm psyched! Rides where they use imaginitive technology and optical Illusions are always amongst my favorites for the sheer fact that everything unfolds like a story you're actually a part of! And the excitement of it all, for me, rivals even that of the Rockin' Roller Coaster or Space mountain. If we get lifted off of the ground I know my heart will be pounding a mile a minute, and if it's just an illusion I know I'll leave singing nothing but praise to the imagineers. :lol:

P0PC0RN

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Ok, I know I'm new here, but I may be able to help out some. Please do not bash me for only sharing information that I heard/saw and think to be true. First, WDW is getting a Monster show in tomorrowland, and not a ride. This much I think any person who frequents this board already knows. There no longer needs to be a debate about that.

Second, the rumored Incredibles ride for WDW from what I know is not the typical Robocoaster at all. I have a picture for what the ride vehicle and track set up will be like (not themed to Incredibles, but just to give an idea) I am at work now and will post it over the weekend sometime. I want to let everyone know that I reserve the right to be 100% incorrect in this, but the person that told me about the ride and gave me the website to the ride vehicle info seemed to know a lot about it and was very convincing. Basically to explain it, imagine a track located below the show area. You actually cannot see the track from the ride vehicle. This makes the illusion that you are not on a track at all, but you really are the whole time. The vehicle has the ability to turn 360° and has a system like Spiderman at IOA for making you feel intense speed and being lifted off the ground and what not. I will post a picture as soon as possible.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
ok, I know I​

Tom

Beta Return
Both of these new attractions sound great!

Now, to those of you who jumped on the opportunity to say how infeasible and unrealistic of an idea it would be to have an arm that moved the ride vehicle from one track to another, I think you should give WDI a bit more credit.

Who created an elevator that would travel both vertically and horizontally, as well as "free-fall" faster than gravity? No, not Willie Wonka - WDI.

Who put multiple centrifuges in a building and actually simulates a shuttle lift-off and space travel? WDI

Who built a roller coaster, in a "mountain" that goes forward and backwards in the same trip, and encounters the world's largest AA? WDI.

Not to mention...who designed and built the FIRST tube-steel coaster? WDI - with the help of Arrow Dynamics, Inc.

Don't forget flumes, water-propelled boat rides, wire-guided vehicles, interactive dark rides, etc - all perfected by WDI, even if they didn't patent the original.

So, having said all of that, I have firm belief that if ANYONE could pull off a ride that had a giant arm move the vehicle from track to track, it would be WDI. I'm not saying that's what will be used for either of these attractions, but nothing is impossible.

dxwwf3

Lee said:
"Imagine you were on a dark ride and the vehicle suddenly left the track and began to move in 3 dimensions."

Wow. It still sounds too good to be true for me. I just couldn't imagine something like that being done on the cheap.

Skellington88

Gfhweb said:
I was recently talking to an unnamed imagineer and he let slip some information about the future attraction in timekeeper. The new attraction is going to be yet another transplant from another park. It is...MONSTERS INC. Yes its true wdw is going to have a transplanted ride from yet another park. This is though going to fit in with new branding regime of tomorrowland. This attraction being next door to b buzz lightyear and across the street from SGE there is going to be so many plush toys in tomorrow land now it is ridiculous.

Also another piece of information. An attraction in development right now is that of the incredibles ride. IN this ride the car will move along the ride track into different rooms much like the traditional dark ride. The thing that will set this apart is that the ride vehicles of this will actually be grabbed by a mechanical arm and lifted off of the track. As of now Imagineering has been able to life the cars off the track and move them around in the air safely. The problem they are having is placing the cars back on the track safely. The new idea that will be going into testing soon is to outfit the ride vehicles with the same laser guidance system that NASA uses with the space shuttles docking procedures with the ISS. Another little tidbit is that that the mechanical arm that will be used in this Incredibles them ride is already in public view of park guests at this time. Anyone who walks through innovations now sees a smaller version of this arm. The mechanical arms title is the KUKA arm. It is now in use in innoventions for the mechanical arms used to drum on different materials. This arm though is what will be used in the ride with the same versatility of movement only with a ride vehicle with guests in it on the ride. It is all every exciting. I can’t wait for official announcement of this ride or announcement of Monsters Inc going into time keeper. All of this is based off of first hand conversations with imagineers and from a trip through the Imagineering office in California over last summer. I decided not to share information until I had gotten further conformation.

Greg

All you are doing is mish mashing abunch of rumors and calling them your own.

The Monsters Inc. attraction going into Timekeeper is NOT a clone. If your talking about the DCA attraction that was only built as a solution to solve the "Superstar Limo problem". The track layout wouldnt even fit in the Timekeeper building. The new Monsters Inc. attraction is going to be similar to Timekeeper but with new technologies like an interactive show.

The Incredibles attraction is old news here and on other disney sites. The current plans are for it to replace COP/Skyway Station/Galaxy Theater assuming it gets approved in its current state.

Ansem

dxwwf3 said:
Wow. It still sounds too good to be true for me. I just couldn't imagine something like that being done on the cheap.

True, it does seem like an extremely expensive endeavor...but then again, when has Disney ever been afraid to challenge the colossus? :p

darthjohnny

Maybe the car leaving the track is not so farfetched. After all, The Tower of Terror can go up an elevator shaft, completely leave it and more foward, and then enter the second one....

ToTBellHop

dxwwf3 said:
It probably won't be on the cheap...Everest cost $100,000,000. That would be four MASSIVE coasters at a Six Flags park (I believe Kingda Ka cost $25m), and Disney will certainly be getting their money's worth on this, since DCA and WDW will be getting it (and probably others, I'd imagine), so it's definitely worth all the R&D money they are spending now.

Blizz

I dont mean to sound like "that guy" but someone needs to learn how to use the search function of these lovly forums.

The arm idea is based on the track version of KUKA's Robocoaster. It has worked for LegoLand and putting the arm on a track is easier then falling off a camel.

Search this topic and youll find a thread on it about KUKA's ride and how Disney could adapt it.

The Quest!

wait, does anyone know which wdw park this incredibles attraction might possibly be in?

i am looking forward to both, but then again, in wdw i'd much rather see a montsers inc. ride than a show...because im not much of a "show guy" anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom