infiltrators ;-)

casey's catcher

Original Poster
Oh, it's terrible to admit but I hate to see people in the house of mouse emblazoned in merchandise from nearby parks; or as I think of them - merely diversions on the route to mouse enlightenment.
Does anyone feel the same? Does anyone feel a vague, irrational rush of blood to see a woody woodpecker or shamu poncho just yards from Casey's Corner?
I always think 'remember where you are; show some respect'. It's crazy, I know.
Of course, it's absolutely fine to ride ET in mouse ears. Next time I see that Popeye or Tommy Pickles, I'm whistling the MM Club theme down their ear.

Uponastar

casey's catcher said:
Oh, it's terrible to admit but I hate to see people in the house of mouse emblazoned in merchandise from nearby parks; or as I think of them - merely diversions on the route to mouse enlightenment.
Does anyone feel the same? Does anyone feel a vague, irrational rush of blood to see a woody woodpecker or shamu poncho just yards from Casey's Corner?
Of course, it's absolutely fine to ride ET in mouse ears. Next time I see that Popeye or Tommy Pickles, I'm whistling the MM Club theme down their ear.

Don't look now but your loyalty is showing! :lol: Not that there's anything wrong with that. I mean, come on, you don't have another clean shirt? You don't put even that much thought into your daily wardrobe? The least you could do is turn it inside out! And, come to think of it, why did you actually buy it in the first place?!!! :lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun :eek: Sorry. Rant's over.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You want a real treat go to Whispering Canyon Café with someone with a Universal or a Sea World shirt on and watch the fireworks ensue.

Wilt Dasney

1, 2, 3, annnnnd....breeeeeathe.

Last I checked, no loyalty oath was required to visit Walt's shrine...just money. The more, the better.

They're not there handing out leaflets or trying to convince you to go to Universal, I promise.

So don't snap at them, glare in their direction, or loudly mutter about the "riffraff" as you walk past them.

Enjoy your vacation....and CHIIIIIIIIIILL a little. :cool:

Since1976

In past years, I never gave much thought to what I wore on any given day at WDW. So, I may have been prone to displaying Universal attire at WDW!

Now that I'm older, I realize that I will be in vacation pictures which will be looked at FOREVER, so I must invest more time in picking out clothes which are appropriate!

On this year's vacation, all Disney shirts in the parks. And Mouseears for sure!

PigletIsMyCat

Cannot be worse than wearing a Mets hat to a Yankees game or a Yankees hat to a Mets game. My DH almost got the living (*%# beat out of him at Shea Stadium on more than one occasion due to his INSISTANCE that he wear that disgusting, ugly, horrible, nasty, brand new Yankees cap.

Can you believe it? A Mets fan married to a Yankee fan... ahh...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I often encounter the small minded who express displeasure at my non Disney attire, I usually find a tirade of four letter words and if required a quick boot to the Gonads soon puts them right.

Besides why wouldnt I want to wear a t shirt celebrating some of Orlandos best attractions.

I mean I could be a complete dobber and wear a Vote Pedro t shirt

Thrawn

Account Suspended
PigletIsMyCat said:
Cannot be worse than wearing a Mets hat to a Yankees game or a Yankees hat to a Mets game. My DH almost got the living (*%# beat out of him at Shea Stadium on more than one occasion due to his INSISTANCE that he wear that disgusting, ugly, horrible, nasty, brand new Yankees cap.

Yeah, that yankees fan married WAYYYYYYY down the chain.

SpenceMan01

I've got a blue "Spring Break 2000" shirt that I got from Busch Gardens and when I was a kid I had a "Nickelodeon Studios" shirt. I would only wear them to their respective parks and not cross pollinate. Not sure if I would be emblazened enough to wear a Disney shirt to a different park though...

bgraham34

It doen't bother me at all. But I personally would not wear that short in Disney.

For me anyways I never wear a t-shirt that has to do with a tourist attraction from my state or NYC for that matter.

Robfasto

Guess that would be no different the me wearing one of my Disney World shirts everytime I visit non-Disney amusement park....

FanofDinsey1981

PigletIsMyCat said:

It it like a white sox fan being married to a cubs fan?! it makes for interesting summers of watching baseball.

I always find it strange when I go to chibears games, or illini games, etc ..and see people with tshirts on for teams that are not even playing. I was at a Bears v. Redskins game a few years back, and some guy was in FULL green bay packers getup....are you kidding me!?

MKCustodial

casey's catcher said:

You're right, it's crazy. :lol:

Seriously, though, I see nothing wrong with it. Last time I was at the World, I got a cool Marvel sweatshirt at IoA, and I proudly wore it at the MK the next day. Just like I've worn my Looney Tunes jacket both at Universal and WDW. And the next time I go to the world, probably in the Winter, I'll take that sweatshirt, that jacket, and the Adventureland sweatshirt I also got on the same trip. I think it's a bit silly to use only company-related stuff at each park. I will make a point of wearing my Buzz MKCustodial shirt at the MK, though, because it was given to me as a git by my managers, and I always dream that, next time I go back, they'll recognize me and come talk to me and stuff... :eek:

Wilt Dasney

It's all good, baby.

If you want to sport your Shrek shirt on Main Street...go for it.

Wanna don a Shamu cap on Splash Mountain...be my guest.

Feel like slipping on a "Disney Sux" tee with a cross through Walt's face and taking a stroll through Fantasyland...who's it hurting?

Right? :lookaroun

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Wilt Dasney said:
It's all good, baby.

If you want to sport your Shrek shirt on Main Street...go for it.

Wanna don a Shamu cap on Splash Mountain...be my guest.

Feel like slipping on a "Disney Sux" tee with a cross through Walt's face and taking a stroll through Fantasyland...who's it hurting?

Right? :lookaroun

The "Walts an Ice cube " gets a few odd looks I must admit

Epcot82Guy

I'll jump in and say it looks odd to me, too. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with it; it just appears weird for me as well. I personally choose to never "mix parks." But, I also do that with college wear, sports wear, etc. It's fashion. I will also say it is weird to see Disney Parks wear on people at Six Flags or Cedar Point (although I do find that I am more forgiving of that - my pride showing as well). Very few people will agree fully, so to each his own. As long as you aren't confronting someone about it, it's a fun watercooler topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom