infiltrators ;-)

CoffeeJedi

To say they don't "care" may be a misstatment. They care in that a T-shirt is like someone paying you to advertise, so here's a bunch of people who payed Universal for the right to advertise a competing park in WDW. Legally of course, Disney can't institute a new dress code policy forbidding competitor's shirts, but you know that the marketing people would love to!

But do I feel it? Yes... when i see someone with a IoA or Universal shirt on, i feel a little pang of "oh yeah.... that's out there too, yuck". Its almost (but not quite) the same feeling i get when i overhear someone talking on their cell phone, its just another element of "out there" that i dont want to deal with when i'm "in here".

Thrawn

Account Suspended
CoffeeJedi said:
To say they don't "care" may be a misstatment. They care in that a T-shirt is like someone paying you to advertise, so here's a bunch of people who payed Universal for the right to advertise a competing park in WDW. Legally of course, Disney can't institute a new dress code policy forbidding competitor's shirts, but you know that the marketing people would love to!

But do I feel it? Yes... when i see someone with a IoA or Universal shirt on, i feel a little pang of "oh yeah.... that's out there too, yuck". Its almost (but not quite) the same feeling i get when i overhear someone talking on their cell phone, its just another element of "out there" that i dont want to deal with when i'm "in here".

Actually, since Disney is a private corporation, they could institute a dress code that forbids competitor's shirts. Same as a five star restaraunt can require men to wear sports coats.

joshwill

I thot this was gonna be about spies from universal infiltrating imaginearing to steal the secrets of poohs playfull spot.

My bad :)

PigletIsMyCat said:
Cannot be worse than wearing a Mets hat to a Yankees game or a Yankees hat to a Mets game. My DH almost got the living (*%# beat out of him at Shea Stadium on more than one occasion due to his INSISTANCE that he wear that disgusting, ugly, horrible, nasty, brand new Yankees cap.

Can you believe it? A Mets fan married to a Yankee fan... ahh...

Love conquers all!

SANDKRUSER

Couple of years ago I bought a great leather black pack at Mouse Gear in EPCOT - had the classic black Mickey icon on the front. Being it was black with black, you really had to look to see it.

Anyways, on one of our days when we had nothing planned, we went over to Sea World - not even thinking, I used my new pack. I was getting on Krakken and when the guy came by to check the seats, he points at my pack perched on my tummy and yells really loud - "This woman's got a rat on her stomach!!!!!!" and all the load employees start booing. A little embarassing, but, hey - I'm proud of my Mickey! We actually have a picture of us that they take when you come in and with the whales and dolphins jumping over us, I've got my Mickey pack on and he's definitely showing up clear in the picture!!!! :lol:

MKCustodial

:lol: That's a funny tale! never happened to me, though, and I usualy don't pay attention to the whole park-clothes affinity thing.

Nemo14

Several yars ago, my kids had the opportunity to watch some quiz show being taped at Universal. We were specifically told that they could not wear Disney T-shirts if they were in the audience. :rolleyes:

brich

Thrawn said:
Yeah, that yankees fan married WAYYYYYYY down the chain.
I'm not a Yanks fan but that there is funny, I don't care who you are... :lol:
Jeesh, I didn't even know Yankee fans could walk upright, never mind marry... :lookaroun

Back on topic... I do think it's funny to see guests in a Disney park with "outsider" apparel on yet I find it totally cool to see Disney folk representing at Universal... I know, I know... :D

CThaddeus

Well, considering all I wear (unless forced otherwise...like at work) are Disney t-shirts, I don't feel the least bit bad going to any other place. I'm proud to shill for Disney. I'm no fashion statement, but quite frankly, I've never wanted to be. If nothing else, my shirts tell you a lot more about me than any lame, plain polo shirt.
Of course, I've never really had the urge to buy a shirt from anywhere else...

Since1976

It's comforting to know that most people say, "I went to Walt Disney World for vacation. Oh, and Universal, too," and not the other way around...

bigkidz895

Wilt Dasney said:
It's all good, baby.

If you want to sport your Shrek shirt on Main Street...go for it.

Wanna don a Shamu cap on Splash Mountain...be my guest.

Feel like slipping on a "Disney Sux" tee with a cross through Walt's face and taking a stroll through Fantasyland...who's it hurting?

Right? :lookaroun

Don't forget about the CM's in the funny dark suits wearing sun glasses and ear peices. They normally go unnoticed to the untrained eye, but they're there if you look hard enough.:zipit:

nmj91385

I totally agree. I know it's weird but I get the same feeling and ask myself did they forget where they were going today? Please dress appropriately for the parks you are visiting people

CoffeeJedi

CThaddeus said:
Well, considering all I wear (unless forced otherwise...like at work) are Disney t-shirts,

Seriously? That's it? Nothing else at all? I agree with you on generic polo shirts (blech!) but come on, I find it hard to believe that you don't own and wear something other than work clothes and Disney sweatshirts/t-shirts.

If that's truly all you wear, that's.... kinda sad really.

Cosman

Get a Life!!!!

There are so many tragedies in the world today, and all thats on your mind is that somone is wearing a Shamu poncho in Disneyworld. I enjoy going to the Parks as much as the next person but if you spend more than 10 min a day on this website then you have serious issues. Get a life everyone just get a life!!!!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
CoffeeJedi said:
Seriously? That's it? Nothing else at all? I agree with you on generic polo shirts (blech!) but come on, I find it hard to believe that you don't own and wear something other than work clothes and Disney sweatshirts/t-shirts.

If that's truly all you wear, that's.... kinda sad really.
Not really. My wife and I are both lucky enough to work in offices where t-shirts and jeans are the norm and my wife buys most of out t-shirts off of DisneyDeals.com. Not because we insist on wearing nothing but Disney shirts (thats just a bonus) but because they are so cheep. On average she gets t-shirts for $5 or less. If I get a plain t-shirt from Old Navy it is at least double that. I for one would much rater wear the Disney shirt and save the cash.

Wilt Dasney

Cosman said:
There are so many tragedies in the world today, and all thats on your mind is that somone is wearing a Shamu poncho in Disneyworld. I enjoy going to the Parks as much as the next person but if you spend more than 10 min a day on this website then you have serious issues. Get a life everyone just get a life!!!!!!

But how do you REALLY feel?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Cosman said:
Well I am pretty sure you spent more than 10 minuets reading these posts, registering for this site and then responding to this post so I hope you are OK with the issues you must have. If not you might have some serious therapy in your near future.

goofyfan13

Cosman said:

Wow. :lookaroun
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :rolleyes:

BTW: I give you a day before you get banned, not only did you insult just about every member on this site with your first post, but you insulted the creater of this site and the moderators, seeing as I'm pretty sure they spend more than 10 minutes keeping this big boy up to date.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Cosman said:

This is a Disney message board, not a "hurricane" or "tragedy" message board. If you want to discuss those things, go to those places. I'm not saying that those things aren't important, and they do get discussed in the 'chit chat' section here, but they aren't WDW related. Ever heard of an escape? I have the Rita coverage on behind me on TV. Does that mean I have to focus completely on it? Or does it mean I can't watch sports, or my favorite TV shows?

Don't come in using your first post to preach. Take your own advice. If those things are soo important that we can't discuss anything else, then why are you here?

zone15int

Cosman said:

It probably took you 20 mins to write that post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom