infiltrators ;-)

mrtoad

CoffeeJedi said:
Seriously? That's it? Nothing else at all? I agree with you on generic polo shirts (blech!) but come on, I find it hard to believe that you don't own and wear something other than work clothes and Disney sweatshirts/t-shirts.

If that's truly all you wear, that's.... kinda sad really.

I guess you can count me in the sad group. Unless at work or going out to dinner or somethig that I need to "dress up" for, I am in a Disney shirt 99.9% of the time. I like them so I don't see the sad part.

I do own one IOA shirt though and am not ashamed to wear it even if I was not impressed with the park other than a ride or two. It is of Captain America which really does not scream IOA or Universal to me. It might scream man who still is a child in his mind but that is all... :lol:

Cosman

I originally came onto this site because I am going to WDW next month and I wanted to get some insight on my trip.

But Being on for just a few days I realize what really sick people there are in this world. This is an amusement park for kids, not that adults cant enjoy themselves but don't make it your life. If you need an outlet go home and spend some time with the wife & kids, or watch the Yankees win the series yet again...

As far as my first post I wanted to set a tone, there is a new Sheriff in town and nonsense will not be tolerated.

Tigger1988

Cosman said:
I originally came onto this site because I am going to WDW next month and I wanted to get some insight on my trip.

But Being on for just a few days I realize what really sick people there are in this world. This is an amusement park for kids, not that adults cant enjoy themselves but don't make it your life. If you need an outlet go home and spend some time with the wife & kids, or watch the Yankees win the series yet again...

As far as my first post I wanted to set a tone, there is a new Sheriff in town and nonsense will not be tolerated.

....The parks were made for ALL to enjoy...not just children. How does belonging to a message board make US sick? And if you wanted to set a tone you did, a tone showing you are quite immature.

Oh, and who died and made you Sheriff? :hammer:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Cosman said:

HAHAHAHHA

You think you're the sheriff? I wear the black hat around here, son.

If WDW is for kids, explain Pleasure Island. Explain the four (championship) golf courses. Explain the upscale eateries, like Victoria and Alberts, and 1900 Park Fair. Explain the wedding pavilion, the honeymoon suites, and the various adult festivals, like food and wine. For kids? Yes. Only for kids? No.

CThaddeus

CoffeeJedi said:
Seriously? That's it? Nothing else at all? I agree with you on generic polo shirts (blech!) but come on, I find it hard to believe that you don't own and wear something other than work clothes and Disney sweatshirts/t-shirts.

If that's truly all you wear, that's.... kinda sad really.

I'll be honest, I do own some plain colored t-shirts, and I will wear them every now and then. But, when given an option, I will wear the Disney t-shirts. Sad? Maybe. But everyone has to wear something (unless you live in a nudist colony), and I choose to wear what I'm most comfortable in. Like I said, I am not - and never want to be - a fashion statement. And at least I'm not wearing stupid sayings like, "Will work for beer" or "__________(insert lame sports team here) #1!"

Tigger1988

CThaddeus said:
I'll be honest, I do own some plain colored t-shirts, and I will wear them every now and then. But, when given an option, I will wear the Disney t-shirts. Sad? Maybe. But everyone has to wear something (unless you live in a nudist colony), and I choose to wear what I'm most comfortable in. Like I said, I am not - and never want to be - a fashion statement. And at least I'm not wearing stupid sayings like, "Will work for beer" or "__________(insert lame sports team here) #1!"

Or a "FBI - Female Body Inspector" shirt...there are plenty more lame things to wear than a Disney shirt

mrtoad

Alright there cowboy....

Cosman said:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
CThaddeus said:

Well, just one question. Are they are shirts with like, big Mickeys and Donalds draw on the whole front? Or are they the type with smaller things? For instance, I have a shirt that has each parks logo and the date it opened, and says "WDW 2005", small and across the chest. I don't see a problem with anyone wearing shirts like that all the time. But if you go around wearing big cartoon mickeys covering the whole front of your shirt everyday ... well, thats a little strange IMO.

goofyfan13

Cosman said:

Toleration of nonsense is not for you to decide, that the mods job. Please grow up, thank you.

CoffeeJedi

Cosman said:

oh noes Mr Sherriffman sir!!!! please don't not tolerate our nonsense!!!

pfffffh

dude, seriously, chill, what are you going to do? whine and complain? please.

you're pretty clueless dude, lemme' help ya out. 1) WDW is not an amusement park, its a resort comprised of THEME parks and other attractions. 2) its not for kids, its for FAMILIES primarily, but includes something for everyone (unless you think drinking at a Pleasure Island dance club is a kid's activity, if so, you're calling US sick?)

ok, now that i've hit you with the 10 pound clue-bat of hugs-n-cuddles, you gotta understand something else. why is it any more valid to watch a sporting event like the Yankees game than to discuss a place that you feel strongly about. personally i don't care about sports, at all, but if you want to go on yankeechat.com and talk "'bout them Yanks", then go right ahead, i'm not going to come in there and chastise you for obsessing over a bunch of grown men in tight pants chasing a ball around a field like little kids at recess, ok?

we come here because we admire the artistry and heritage of the company. we have cherished memories with loved ones from this place. alot of us work there, have worked there, or are dreaming of working there someday. for most of us, Disney is NOT our life, just one hobby that we enjoy and we come together as enthusiasts of that hobby. topics like this are a fascinating look into our similarities and differences when relating to each other and to this place. you just don't "get it" and that's fine

but don't think for a minute that anyone's going to be intimidated because you showed up uninvited and typed the words "nonsense will not be tolerated" into a browser window. is this how you deal with people in real life too? you got issues man

CoffeeJedi

CThaddeus said:
well, i'm with you there! i don't wear that crap either! you'll usually find me in "bowling" shirts, but not always

sorry if i seemed harsh :), it just hit me as rather odd. i own alot of clothes for any occasion and could never see only having one "style". heck, i've been known to change clothes 3 times in one day as my mood changed! (ok, so maybe i'm the sad one)

Tigger1988

CoffeeJedi said:

pfffffh

you're pretty clueless dude, lemme' help ya out. 1) WDW is not an amusement park, its a resort comprised of THEME parks and other attractions. 2) its not for kids, its for FAMILIES primarily, but includes something for everyone (unless you think drinking at a Pleasure Island dance club is a kid's activity, if so, you're calling US sick?)

ok, now that i've hit you with the 10 pound clue-bat of hugs-n-cuddles, you gotta understand something else. why is it any more valid to watch a sporting event like the Yankees game than to discuss a place that you feel strongly about. personally i don't care about sports, at all, but if you want to go on yankeechat.com and talk "'bout them Yanks", then go right ahead, i'm not going to come in there and chastise you for obsessing over a bunch of grown men in tight pants chasing a ball around a field like little kids at recess, ok?

we come here because we admire the artistry and heritage of the company. we have cherished memories with loved ones from this place. alot of us work there, have worked there, or are dreaming of working there someday. for most of us, Disney is NOT our life, just one hobby that we enjoy and we come together as enthusiasts of that hobby. topics like this are a fascinating look into our similarities and differences when relating to each other and to this place. you just don't "get it" and that's fine

but don't think for a minute that anyone's going to be intimidated because you showed up uninvited and typed the words "nonsense will not be tolerated" into a browser window. is this how you deal with people in real life too? you got issues man

Cosman just got owned

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Cosman said:

Did you suddenly purchase this site? Last time I checked Steve was the only sheriff around these here parts.
Listen here sheriff, the subject in this thread was very tongue in cheek. (that means it was not serious) You see we (the forum members) enjoy a little humor now and then and one of the things we joke about are our eccentricities and Disney fans, hence being "offended" when someone wears a Universal studios shirt at WDW. I can pretty much guarantee that no one here is really offended by such an action, we might question it, but we are not deeply offended by it. Much like if you went to a Yankees vs Red Sox game and there was a guy there wearing a Braves jersey. You wouldn't go over to him with your six shooters and tell him to mosey on out of town before sunset, well maybe you would, but you might think to yourself "Mix in a jersey from one of the teams you are watching dude."
So listen here partner. We already got a good sheriff in this town. Why don't you keep your wagon train a moving and head on out of here pilgrim.

brich

Cosman said:

Yes, this amusement park is for you... :animwink:
Yankees huh.... you represent quiet well. Mighty proud of ya... :lol:
As for tolerating nonsense? Little buddy, so long as we continue to get newbies such as your self, we all learn to tolerate nonsense... :drevil:
Welcome to the boards buddy... be careful not to crinkle our "real" sheriff's hat pudnah, or you too will suffer the wrathe Of THRAWN!!!! :sohappy:

What? What's that? Cosman has left already? :cry: shame

MSTINKHERBELL01

CoffeeJedi said:

pfffffh

Coffee....my hero *faints*:dazzle:

CoffeeJedi

Tigger1988 said:
Cosman just got owned
ZOMG!!!!1 PWNX0RD!!!!!!111one

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Coffee....my hero *faints*:dazzle:
/catches her
whoah now, carefull! now don't you worry none 'bout that ol' rattlesnake anymore. he won't be comin' back 'round these here parts
/tips hat, flashes pearly whites
ma'am
/winks
/rides off into sunset

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Cosman said:

Geez, two posts and out for the happy little troll sheriff....then again the Yankee delusion should have tipped us off to the instability. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom