Indiana Jones Rumor

Jerm

Originally posted by hallowboy11

Who cares??! I swear, this board has so many pretentious people. I didn't say they should CLONE the thing... I said they should put a version of it there. The back drop of Morocco just seems perfect to me.

Big words......I think they should not even think of putting a Indy attraction anywhere in WDW. They already have the EXACT layout in AK in the form of CTX/Dino. I dont see them closing that attraction and time soon, so what good would it be to have the exact same attraction with a bit of a diffrent lay out anywhere close to it. The only attractions that are cloned in the WDW parks are the circle-vision films but really each of them is diffrent from the next. It would be like taking RnR and putting in AK if they ever did the BK area as the main attraction.

J

meanmice

Originally posted by happy snapper
The whole concept of the present show is old and tired, a definate see once experience. Far from wasting money upgrading (painting more like) they should use a dark ride to cover the theme.

Every time I go to MGM I see the Indy show and it has barely changed each time. I think that they should change some parts of the show, but not all. Also, an Indy ride would be nice, and I don't think that many people would realise that it's the same layout as the dinosour ride. It would be nice too see, but the new movie doesn't come out until 2005 and that's plenty of time for disney to change it's mind at least 15 times.

bgraham34

That was rumors a few years back when my friend worked down there. They wanted to make changes when the new Indiana Jones movie came out.

bearboysnc

Not sure if everyone realizes this or not but Dinosaur is the exact same ride as Indy, just themed differently. Even the track layout is the same, except I think I read somewhere that Dinosaur is slightly shorther than Indy. But it's essentially the same ride.

Um.. not quite.

The track layout, and the vehicles are they same. The similarities end there.

kwt10

I have been on both rides and it is hard to believe that they both have the same layout. I would love to see a drawing of the tracks to check out that statement. If I had to choose I would say that the Indy ride is a small bit better than the Dino ride. But that is just me.

Terp02

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
With the Indiana Jones 4 movie coming out (Yes...Harrison Ford will be in the film with Steven Spielberg directing!) on July 1st, 2005, I would think they are coming up with an idea or two for a replacement or update to the show.

It would seem then, to me at least, that this would mean Dreamworks would be part of the production, and you know how Disney and Dreamworks get along:hammer: . I wouldn't expect anything new anytime soon for Indy.

chatojr

Talking about clonning rides in the WDW what about:

Star Tours and Body Wars

I think there is a good chance Disney might clone Indy in Orlando

DisneyHoneymoon

its not just old folks

I really enjoyed the Indiana Jones show... however, the 6 year old boy behind me with his mother and father HATED the fire and shooting. He screamed and cried the entire show. It was quite annoying.

They should have a "family with kids" section of shows like Indy and Alien Encounter... so those of us who are married or single without kids don't get an earful.

disneyisbest

I think the Indy Stunt Show is long overdue for an overhaul. I think something there should be changed. Even if they were to just change the show. I think it would be pretty neat if they just did a show where they had stunts from the other two movies instead of just from Raiders of the lost Ark.

disneyisbest

I was dissappointed a bit when I found out that the aladdin right was going to be one like dumbo. I always thought that a magic carpet ride would make a great coaster or simulator.

sig

...It would certainly be a lot more popular than the current stunt show, and they could really market the heck out of it too. Too bad it will probably never happen though..

I agree it would be more popular than the stunt show, which I saw on my first trip to WDW but never felt compelled to see again in later 2 trips. The ride on the other hand I did about 20 times in 3 days!

plpeters70

Originally posted by sig
The ride on the other hand I did about 20 times in 3 days!

Rides always tend to be a lot more repeatable than shows - I think it has to do with always seeing something new each time you ride. And MGM could really use a few more ride-through attractions.

Rider

Originally posted by WDW Imagineer
I would like to see the car stunt show from France come over here. It gets incredible reviews and I think that it would be a good addition to the studios, then they could build an indy themed ride in AK to possible give a little boost in attendance.

Right.... and would you like a second RnRC in MGM? :)

http://www.wdwmagicmedia.com/ctx/ctx building.jpg <- the layout of CTX. I dont know if there is one of INDY around but I can tell you that is also the layout for indy. If you have ever been on that ride you can see more of the layout on it. I have and it is the same.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Terp02

It would seem then, to me at least, that this would mean Dreamworks would be part of the production, and you know how Disney and Dreamworks get along:hammer: . I wouldn't expect anything new anytime soon for Indy.

Very good point. Very good point.

kaos

OK.. Here's some things that everyone has forgotten...

Raiders of the Lost Ark was done by LucasFilms. Disney licensed the likeness of Indy from this movie only. That's why it shows up in the Great Movie Ride, that is the premise for the Indiana Jones and the Forbidden Temple, and also why the stunt show has not been updated. Although Speilberg directed, Lucas owns the licensing rights for Raiders. That's why there haven't been any playsets from the other Indy movies, and no other Indy movies are reflected in the current attractions. Now, when Temple of Doom and Last Crusade came out, Lucas did not have the final say in the licensing, Amblin, now connected to Dreamworks, does. Therefore, the Indy stunt show cannot be updated to the 2 sequels and the upcoming third, just as the franchise cannot have a new license with Disney due to Dreamworks being involved.

Short version-- Now that Katzenberg has his hands in the mix, Indy is more likely to show up at Islands of Adventure than at Disney. :zipit:

kaos

I also realized that I forgot to put something in there...

Dinosaur and Indy are NOT the same ride track layout. The only similarities are the ride vehicles. It ends there. There are switch tracks on Indy that allow the ride to actually change course and direction and never be the same twice... There are 14 different paths your vehicle can take on Indy, but only 1 on Dinosaur.

FYI---

chatojr

That it's true to a point, in fact there is only one track in CTX and one track on Indy; but on the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, there are random sequences that make your "adventure" unique (there are around 16,000 different sequences).

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The thing with Dreamworks can not be the problem. Disney has been devolping new rides based on the Indiana Jones movies. I am not sure if Dreamworks will produce the Indiana Jones film since it is a known franchise of Paramount studios which use to have Eisner. Disney is also in an agreement with Lucas Films, which is the true owner of the Indiana Jones characters, to create a new Star Tours Movie. Though the films are distributed by 20th Century Fox, that doesn't seem to matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom