Indiana Jones Rumor

Rider

Originally posted by kaos
I also realized that I forgot to put something in there...

Dinosaur and Indy are NOT the same ride track layout. The only similarities are the ride vehicles. It ends there. There are switch tracks on Indy that allow the ride to actually change course and direction and never be the same twice... There are 14 different paths your vehicle can take on Indy, but only 1 on Dinosaur.

FYI---

I truely hope you are joking.

space42

Originally posted by kaos
I also realized that I forgot to put something in there...

Dinosaur and Indy are NOT the same ride track layout. The only similarities are the ride vehicles. It ends there. There are switch tracks on Indy that allow the ride to actually change course and direction and never be the same twice... There are 14 different paths your vehicle can take on Indy, but only 1 on Dinosaur.

FYI---

Not true. Indy and Dinosaur are the EXACT same track layout. The switching rooms thingie in the begining of Indy is a great illusion! All done with scrims and lighting effects.

There is not enough room for the Indy attraction to go where the Stunt Show is now. That show building is HUGE!

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
They would be able to place the ride where the Indiana Jones stunt show is. The Indiana Jones ride that is currently in California is at Disneyland which is a lot more cramped for space then WDW is obviously. If they could fit into the small space where Disneyland is then they could fit it into the Disney Studios. They may have to go beyond the area into the outside area of the park but they have ways of hiding that from guests.

kaos

Hmmm.. I always was under the impression that is was 2 or 3 seperate tracks that switched the direction of the car. But, I never claimed to be a DL expert... just WDW.

So it's done with scrims and screens? Then it is very well done, because I rode 3 times and had a different experience everytime.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I had also been told that there were three seperate tracks but I would understand the scrims and screens thing because that is what Disney is known for.

Jerm

Nope one big room with a moving wall to make it look like you can take diffrent paths. Also the CTX and Indy tracks are the same from start to finish. Going off of this layout http://www.wdwmagicmedia.com/ctx/ctx building.jpg

Security/Time Tunnel= the entrance to the "3 doors" and where Marya would be.

The Forest (moonlit)= where you go off course and see Indy for the first time.

The Forest (meteor)= the first sight of the inside of the temple.

Meet The Carn= the bone room

Turn of Events= Inside the Skull

Saltasaurus= the bridge

Coaradactylus Family= the snake room

The Chase= the air darts room

Finale= Indy and the big ball

Time Tunnel Two/Transition= Indy standing and talking.

I left a few out but I think you get the idea. Any other ?'s let me know.......I have way to much time on my hands!!!!

J

bearboysnc

Hmmm.. I always was under the impression that is was 2 or 3 seperate tracks that switched the direction of the car. But, I never claimed to be a DL expert... just WDW.

Prior to the opening of the INDY ride... I did a film shoot inside the attraction... I can assure you there is only one track. There are 14 places in the ride, that have been programed with different responses. Sometimes the car will stall, sometimes it will shimmy, bounce. Giving you a different experiencve each time.

The entry to the wish vaults (Wealth, Youth, Knowing the Future) give the impression that you go in a different door each time. However it's all Disney magic.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So that is what they meant by you having a different experience every time. I was under the impression there was more then one track but I didn't think they could fit all of those tracks and stuff into that small building within Disneyland which is already tight on space.

Merlin0402

I think that everyone is forgetting something, The Temple of the Crystal Skull at DisneySea. They just built that ride there, so they could build a version of it here. Also, the ride would never be compared to Dinosaur, the average person would not realize that the tracks are the same, the rides would be completely different. The only thing that would make me mad would be for Disney to build this ride in any other park, besides MGM. Besides, I think it's about time for us to get this ride, they just imported Tower of Terror, we should get Indy in return.

WEDWAY100

None of this will probably happen, as current policy seems to be cost reductions rather than long term investment.

However, as for IJA fitting where the current stunt show is, the show building would not fit in that area, but could definately be placed in the parking lot like at DL. Then all you have to do is send the que out to the show building, and theme it well. The same thing was done at DL.

I also think that any studios/theme park needs a stunt show. I really like the idea of bringing over the car stunt show from Paris. It could be relocated to another area of the park, and along with the IJA could really give people a reason to come back to WDW.

Also, both rides would be relatively cheap, since designs and scripts for both already exist. And I don't think that the average guest would be able to tell that the track layouts are the same with IJA and CTX.

Rider

Originally posted by Jerm
Nope one big room with a moving wall to make it look like you can take diffrent paths. Also the CTX and Indy tracks are the same from start to finish. Going off of this layout http://www.wdwmagicmedia.com/ctx/ctx building.jpg

Security/Time Tunnel= the entrance to the "3 doors" and where Marya would be.

The Forest (moonlit)= where you go off course and see Indy for the first time.

The Forest (meteor)= the first sight of the inside of the temple.

Meet The Carn= the bone room

Turn of Events= Inside the Skull

Saltasaurus= the bridge

Coaradactylus Family= the snake room

The Chase= the air darts room

Finale= Indy and the big ball

Time Tunnel Two/Transition= Indy standing and talking.

I left a few out but I think you get the idea. Any other ?'s let me know.......I have way to much time on my hands!!!!

J

Freaky.... that is almost the exact post I made a while back (not this topic, some other one). I mean exactly....

O well... :D

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I just want them to bring back the original Countdown to Extinction and eliminate the wimpy DINOSAUR theme they already have for the ride. Why tone the ride down? I liked it the way it was. The ride has never felt the same since. :(

Jerm

Originally posted by Rider

Freaky.... that is almost the exact post I made a while back (not this topic, some other one). I mean exactly....

O well... :D

Great minds think alike????? What was the post I would love to see it. Was I on with everything I was doing that post late at night off a half awake memory.

J

k9kris

Not gonna happen

I couldn't see them updating the Indy show for the new movie in 2005. The show now is based on the very first movie anyway - Raiders of the Lost Ark. The show at the studios is the "Epic Stunt Spectacular." I think they would need to continue to have some type of stunt show to represent the stuntmen of the movies.

I rode the ride in the driver's seat at DL and it was awesome. I drove us back out to safety!! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom