Indiana Jones Land?

TomboyJanet

Hopefully the poor perfromance of the new Indiana Jones movie doesnt kill any further conversation about a land dedicated to the film franchise. I really believe Indiana Jones is a concept that could thrive on Disney+.
I actually believe the poor performance of the film is mostly due to people thinking it will be like the fourth one and not bothering. A lot of younger viewers only started with the fourth one and it tainted their flavor of the entire series as well. The movie was actually really good in my opinion and I really don't care what some people may have to say because the theater I was in was packed and had a massive applause at the end. It could just pick up with word of mouth later on I mean it's not going anywhere it'll be on Disney Plus and all. That Being said, I due hope that they do make this land, there is kinda one in Disney Sea, though not directly (Raging Spirits is basically an Indiana Jones Ride same deal). I think that a land that looks like an exploration camp with a temple maybe the ride from Cali or a newer version of it with a new story, or perhaps a better roller coaster, indoor with effects, that makes it look like its in the caves from Temple of Doom. The Indy Stunt Show can cover the fighting/anti nazi side of Indy while the ride could cover the mystical and exploration side.

SpectreJordan

Whether people like the new Indy movie or not, DHS park goers would LOVE an engaging, beautifully designed Indy land with a few new attractions... That is the fact. Make some great merch and sell it in the gift shops there... A beautifully themed restaurant in the temple ruins... As long as it is beautiful and immersive, people will come, people will love it....regardless of if the movie tie in is a hit or not... as a matter of fact, the attraction could bolster the movie's popularity...
Splash Mountain's extreme popularity in the parks is because it is a great attraction...not because the film was relevant...
It's absolutely something people would love. But do the dumb execs see it that way? Probably not, sadly. If they did, we'd have gotten an Indy land like that at the same time as Galaxy's Edge.

Disney, in general, has been failing the Indiana Jones series. Indiana Jones 5 should've came out in 2016; a final Indy movie with Harrison Ford riding the success of the Force Awakens would've been a huge hit. I know they were trying to wait for Spielberg, but they ended up giving up on that anyway so they should've just gone ahead without him back then.

Then they could've been preparing to do a new series of Indy movies with a recasted actor during the 2020s. I love Ford & his performance as Indy, but if Bond/Batman/Spidey can be recast after their initial, beloved actors then so can Indy. Indy's my favorite movie character, so I'd like to see them atleast attempt to continue his stories; if it doesn't work out, then maybe only Ford can play him but let's atleast try first.
Like what exactly? Marvel is out for WDW, Star wars is being done to death, Toy Story Land has also been played out as far as theme park use at WDW...Jungle Cruise didn't hit their mark, Elemental came and went, Clearly Indy did not do as expected...So what is new and hip?...I mean, aside from Olivia Rodrigo...lol
Disney's in sort of a sad state rn. This is probably their lowest point since the end of the Eisner era in the early '00s...except they don't even have someone like Pixar working with them making all-time classics.

The only one doing decently right now is Marvel but even they're not doing as well as they were in the '10s.

DisneyCane

Like what exactly? Marvel is out for WDW, Star wars is being done to death, Toy Story Land has also been played out as far as theme park use at WDW...Jungle Cruise didn't hit their mark, Elemental came and went, Clearly Indy did not do as expected...So what is new and hip?...I mean, aside from Olivia Rodrigo...lol
They can form a partnership with Taylor Swift to make Swiftland. It will be hyper realistic if they make all of the attractions VQ and ILL only to immerse people in the experience of having trouble getting tickets.

Donald Razorduck

I'd be afraid they'd clone that horrific pinfari coast they used at DLP.

It could work at AK as well The dinoland area and a ride rebrand, stunt show relocation and another new attraction.

Bocabear

The idea for the DLP coaster is good, the actual ride is not great... I have been on it a few times... It is also incredibly short, and what everyone wants is an indoor coaster for Indy...through a temple but with cinematic effects...or the ore car coaster from Temple Of Doom... The Temple Du Peril coaster seems like a quick add-on when the park was built because they were light on attractions.
I love the idea of one massive show building containing multiple attractions... Like the original ideas for Indy in Disneyland or the never-built Thunder Mesa/Western River Expedition...A huge show building like that might also give DHS a bit of a skyline as well... but properly themed....

SpectreJordan

That won't happen anytime soon with how cheap they seem to be about AC. Half of the Remy line being outside when that entire area is brand new is ridiculous.

Eric M Blake

That won't happen anytime soon with how cheap they seem to be about AC. Half of the Remy line being outside when that entire area is brand new is ridiculous.
I mean, to be fair the queue once you get indoors is long enough for that to be understandable.

What *I* find weird about the Remy line is how you enter the doors at the very beginning...and then immediately go outside again through other doors. You're outside for however long depending on the time or day...and then go back inside.😜

Communicora

Premium Member
The idea for the DLP coaster is good, the actual ride is not great... I have been on it a few times... It is also incredibly short, and what everyone wants is an indoor coaster for Indy...through a temple but with cinematic effects...or the ore car coaster from Temple Of Doom... The Temple Du Peril coaster seems like a quick add-on when the park was built because they were light on attractions.
I love the idea of one massive show building containing multiple attractions... Like the original ideas for Indy in Disneyland or the never-built Thunder Mesa/Western River Expedition...A huge show building like that might also give DHS a bit of a skyline as well... but properly themed....
Yeah. That coaster made me feel like someone boxed me in the ears. Disney could certainly do better than that.

DonniePeverley

The last thing Disney or UNiversal need is another blot of coasters.

Enough already. We know why management love them - as opposed to big major attraction they are relatively cheap. Pick any standard coaster of the shelf, paint it blue, attach the letter 'S' to the front, bit of themeing for the queue and call it 'Superman' etc

Enough of this nonsense now.

MagicHappens1971

Enough already. We know why management love them - as opposed to big major attraction they are relatively cheap. Pick any standard coaster of the shelf, paint it blue, attach the letter 'S' to the front, bit of themeing for the queue and call it 'Superman' etc

Enough of this nonsense now.
Disneys most recent coaster cost half a billion dollars.

DonniePeverley

The actual attraction is shameful.

Eric M Blake

Thing is, a good coaster is a go-to safe bet to ensure visitors have a good time. I said before, Primeval Whirl was a key element of keeping Dinoland a well-attended part of AK--that coaster and Dinosaur (Countdown to Extinction) TOGETHER helped it be a worthwhile land in the park.

Now, with PW gone, Dinosaur is consistently the shortest wait in the whole park...and it's not even close. I somehow don't find that a coincidence.

On average, every "land" should have at least two go-to attractions, not including any "kiddie rides". (Epcot's an obvious exception, since the lands are all pretty much the size of one ride apiece.😂)

spacemt354

Chili's
Then it's a horrific waste in my opinion. But at least there were attempts to configure an actual attraction, themeing, some form of nonsensical storyline, etc. What i take great offense are you standard coasters.
I wouldn't categorize any Disney coaster in the last 20 years as being 'standard' - they may not be overly thrilling like a Cedar Fair coaster, but each has a unique story that makes it more memorable than a typical coaster.

Twirlnhurl

I agree that both Universal parks, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios don't need any more roller coasters. But Animal Kingdom and Epcot only have one each.

I wouldn't put a roller coaster at the top of my priority list for any park, but in the context of a new themed land with three or four rides, a roller coaster would be a good addition for a balanced attraction program.

WaltsTreasureChest

Whether people like the new Indy movie or not, DHS park goers would LOVE an engaging, beautifully designed Indy land with a few new attractions... That is the fact. Make some great merch and sell it in the gift shops there... A beautifully themed restaurant in the temple ruins... As long as it is beautiful and immersive, people will come, people will love it....regardless of if the movie tie in is a hit or not... as a matter of fact, the attraction could bolster the movie's popularity...
Splash Mountain's extreme popularity in the parks is because it is a great attraction...not because the film was relevant...
Right on with you. If you place the era in the 30s during Indys prime and go all out, it’d be great. But Disney doesn’t really care for Jones, and the fact that we got this movie was made is a miracle. Either way they’ll move on and obsess with Star Wars

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom