Indiana Jones 5 Now Pushed Back to 2021

WDWFanRay

I’m surprised they can’t get the de-aging thing better in these big budget movies. There are fake Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves YouTube videos that look better and they’re made with simple low budget filters.

Phroobar

I’m surprised they can’t get the de-aging thing better in these big budget movies. There are fake Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves YouTube videos that look better and they’re made with simple low budget filters.
It all depends on the quality of the off shore CG house. Disney seems to outsource all of that. For example, Antman Quantamania had fifteen offshore companies making CG. They must have done ten minutes a piece. The Super Mario Brothers Movie had only Illumination Paris. The results can really vary if management doesn't pay attention.

Magenta Panther

The de-aging looks amazing in the latest Indy trailer. And the process is only going to get better. Why not use it? I wish a little de-aging had been applied to Bill Murray in "Ghostbusters:Afterlife". He looked awful. Like a walking corpse. He's clearly not been taking care of himself (jeez, with all his money, he couldn't indulge in a little plastic surgery, a few hairplugs?) I wish Disney would make more Star Wars movies WITH THE GOOD CHARACTERS and de-age Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and create an entire Princess Leia (since Carrie Fisher is, sadly, no more) using another actress as a base. Why not? We're talking fictional characters here. Why not use technology to bring them back? I might actually go to see a Star Wars film with Han, Luke and Leia in new adventures. Disney can stick the announcement that it's making 3 more Star Wars films with Ma-Rey Sue 🤮 (I've read that she's actually going to go back in time to make it so that SHE created the new Jedi Order. Which means that Disney plans to erase ALL of the original Star Wars backstory to put in its crappy replacement lore. Jeezus). The greed and desperation to continue an IP that's already been badly damaged by crappy decisions is appalling. First Disney killed Star Wars, now it's trying to raise it from the dead. Good luck with that.

Wendy Pleakley

The de-aging looks amazing in the latest Indy trailer. And the process is only going to get better. Why not use it? I wish a little de-aging had been applied to Bill Murray in "Ghostbusters:Afterlife". He looked awful. Like a walking corpse. He's clearly not been taking care of himself (jeez, with all his money, he couldn't indulge in a little plastic surgery, a few hairplugs?) I wish Disney would make more Star Wars movies WITH THE GOOD CHARACTERS and de-age Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and create an entire Princess Leia (since Carrie Fisher is, sadly, no more) using another actress as a base. Why not? We're talking fictional characters here. Why not use technology to bring them back? I might actually go to see a Star Wars film with Han, Luke and Leia in new adventures. Disney can stick the announcement that it's making 3 more Star Wars films with Ma-Rey Sue 🤮 (I've read that she's actually going to go back in time to make it so that SHE created the new Jedi Order. Which means that Disney plans to erase ALL of the original Star Wars backstory to put in its crappy replacement lore. Jeezus). The greed and desperation to continue an IP that's already been badly damaged by crappy decisions is appalling. First Disney killed Star Wars, now it's trying to raise it from the dead. Good luck with that.

This is the Indy thread, not the Star Wars nerd rage thread.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
New trailer for Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny.

New poster also released.

View attachment 709166

Now I am angry over the poster because it confirms the core Disney movie label is involved with the film! I will NOT see this unless they back out of it and remove their logo from advertising and the actual movie itself! Only Marvel, Lucasfilm, 20th Century, and Searchlight should have the PG-13 rated films the Disney studio puts out, and not Walt Disney Pictures! That label is for kid and family films!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Now I am angry over the poster because it confirms the core Disney movie label is involved with the film! I will NOT see this unless they back out of it and remove their logo from advertising and the actual movie itself! Only Marvel, Lucasfilm, 20th Century, and Searchlight should have the PG-13 rated films the Disney studio puts out, and not Walt Disney Pictures! That label is for kid and family films!
Not sure if its worth getting angry over.

It was always going to have some Disney branding on there somewhere, even if its at the end of the credits. That is how branding works under a corporate umbrella like Disney.

Also this is not the first Walt Disney Pictures branded movie to be PG-13. All of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, John Carter, Jungle Cruise, Lone Ranger, The Finest Hours, Hamilton, live action Mulan and Cruella, heck even Saving Mr. Banks, were all PG-13 films under the Walt Disney Pictures banner.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Not sure if its worth getting angry over.

It was always going to have some Disney branding on there somewhere, even if its at the end of the credits. That is how branding works under a corporate umbrella like Disney.

Also this is not the first Walt Disney Pictures branded movie to be PG-13. All of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, John Carter, Jungle Cruise, Lone Ranger, The Finest Hours, Hamilton, live action Mulan and Cruella, heck even Saving Mr. Banks, were all PG-13 films under the Walt Disney Pictures banner.
I don’t care if there’s Disney branding at the credits for Marvel/Lucasfilm features, but I draw the line if said branding is at the front of them! The PG-13 rated films under the main Disney label also have to stop! Oh, and please stop responding to my replies, it’s getting very annoying on me!

Last edited:

Prince-1

I don’t care if there’s Disney branding at the credits for Marvel/Lucasfilm features, but I draw the line if said branding is at the front of them! The PG-13 rated films under the main Disney label also have to stop! Oh, and please stop responding to my replies, it’s getting very annoying on me!

Who cares what branding is used as long as the movie is great. And if you’re serious about not getting responses then don’t waste our time writing anything.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I get you want separation between the different studio brands. However this isn't the state of business in today's entertainment world. It happens with every studio on the planet. This isn't going to change any time soon, if ever. So my suggestion is instead of getting angry about it just accept it. Or if you aren't wanting to accept it then maybe its time to move on.

As for not replying to you, its a discussion forum. If you or anyone post something that I find interesting or worth discussing I'm going to reply to yours or anyone else's post. You're more than welcome to put me on ignore. But I hope to continue to have discussions with you as I find your posts interesting and worth discussing.

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I get you want separation between the different studio brands. However this isn't the state of business in today's entertainment world. It happens with every studio on the planet. This isn't going to change any time soon, if ever. So my suggestion is instead of getting angry about it just accept it. Or if you aren't wanting to accept it then maybe its time to move on.

As for not replying to you, its a discussion forum. If you or anyone post something that I find interesting or worth discussing I'm going to reply to yours or anyone else's post. You're more than welcome to put me on ignore. But I hope to continue to have discussions with you as I find your posts interesting and worth discussing.
Now I’m worried the Walt Disney Pictures label will start to release R-rated films, which I would despise!

As for Indiana Jones 5, it is not an appropriate film to be released under the WDP label!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Now I’m worried the Walt Disney Pictures label will start to release R-rated films, which I would despise!

As for Indiana Jones 5, it is not an appropriate film to be released under the WDP label!
I don’t think you have to worry about an R rated WDP movie, that is likely to not happen. They have the other studios like 20th Century under the Disney umbrella to release those type of films. Also if you really think about it, PG-13 today is basically what PG was 30-40 years ago, it’s still considered family friendly for all but very young children.

Also Indy in my opinion given the characters usage in the Parks is very much an appropriate film under the WDP label. It’s the same as the Pirates franchise as this point.

Wendy Pleakley

Talk about much ado about nothing.

The Force Awakens was the same rating and had Disney on the poster. The film itself only had the Lucasfilm logo.

These are still family friendly movies regardless. Plus, the films are represented in the Disney theme parks. The Indy ride is pretty intense and has a room full of skulls.

Suddenly it’s an issue these films are released under the Disney brand?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom