India Pavilion?

MotherOfBirds

I get the impression that TDO would want to add to WS more than FW, given that it means more opportunities to part guests with their money than FW, save Figment mech.

Joebradley62

In the past I haven't minded the character incursions into World Showcase so much but to have a country of 1.3 billion people distilled into a cartoon animal boat ride is egregious. At least with American Adventure, France, China, & Canada you can see the faces of the people who live there, but not with the Mexico and Norway updates.

Edit- not to say that other places in the park (e.g. Adventureland in MK) need to be about experiencing other cultures, but Epcot was meant to be exactly that
A quick trip to Kissimmee and you can experience all the India you would ever want.

righttrack

In the past I haven't minded the character incursions into World Showcase so much but to have a country of 1.3 billion people distilled into a cartoon animal boat ride is egregious. At least with American Adventure, France, China, & Canada you can see the faces of the people who live there, but not with the Mexico and Norway updates.

Edit- not to say that other places in the park (e.g. Adventureland in MK) need to be about experiencing other cultures, but Epcot was meant to be exactly that

Right. Epcot was to experience the culture for the culture. The other parks dabbled in it through the characters and stories. Of course that is the way it should be. I too don't mind the character visits. They help bring the children into it in their own way. They should have stopped there.

spock8113

Ok, so everyone's thinking it but it hasn't been written yet, so I will go out on the proverbial limb:
India Pavilion? I guess they won't have to go far for technical support.:jawdrop:

Lensman

There’s so much culture and history in India, that I’m not sure a ride would be the best option for an attraction (especially not Jungle Book). A stage show might actually be better.
This is why I am so attracted to the idea of an India pavilion. The rich culture is a gold mine for ideas for small and large shows and special events.

Attraction could be based on Sanjay's Super Team.
This is an amazing idea!

And the strategy of using minor IP in Epcot is attractive in that the IP doesn't overwhelm the attraction or the pavilion. It might also be attractive to corporate in that it could enhance the IP to more commercial value with the synergy flowing in the opposite direction.

BTW, I don't hear about this parks->film benefit that often here on the forums. I think Pandora at DAK has served the Avatar movie franchise well in keeping the IP in people's minds despite the long production gap. And cloning SW:GE to Shanghai could become part of Disney's long-term strategy to raise the value of Star Wars IP outside of the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and Australia. It would be something of a risk but the payoff could be huge.

IMDREW

A lot, so I'll do my best. I'll only list the ones that are confirmed, have just opened, or are just waiting on a press release. Please feel free to add anything I may have missed.

Magic Kingdom

Tron Coaster - Coming to Tomorrowland. Essentially a duplicate of the ride in Shanghai.
Tomorrowland - Exterior theming updates. Getting rid of most of the exterior elements that were added in the 1990's.

Epcot

Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster - The former Universe of Energy building (RIP) has been gutted and will serve as the queue space, with a couple of preshow rooms and load/unload area. The HUGE building under construction behind it will be where the actual coaster resides. As far as we know, very little theming in the coaster part.

Ratatouille Ride - World Showcase France. Copy of the ride from Paris. Trackless vehicles move between screens with the POV of a mouse being chased through a kitchen.

Mary Poppins Ride - Pretty much confirmed for UK pavilion. The current plan is for a spinner ride, perhaps a carousel.

Wreck-It Ralph Play Area - Already open. (Very) lightly-themed playground area for small children outside of the former Innoventions building.

New Nighttime Show - Illuminations will close at the end of next summer and a new show will open featuring IP and drones.

Animal Kingdom

Up! Bird Show - Already open. It was terrible. They retooled it. It's still terrible.

Hollywood Studios

Mickey and Minnie Runaway Train - In the former Great Movie Ride building. Dark ride featuring mostly real sets and mostly screen-based characters and effects.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - The new Star Wars land, set in a trading outpost during the time period of the new films.

Millenium Falcon Ride - Simulator, kind of like Star Tours but with more interactivity where you're in the Falcon cockpit.

"Alcatraz" (Code Name) - Dark ride where you are escaping from the First Order. Pretty huge show building. Not much known, but should contain both AA figures, screens, and practical scenery.

Toy Story Land - Opened a few months back. No shade. Has a Quick Service location without enough tables where Andy's Mom apparently packed him booze in his lunchbox.

Slinky Dog Dash - Mild coaster with light theming, but considered fairly enjoyable for what it is. More for kids, though adults seem to enjoy it.

Alien Swirling Saucers - Same ride system as the Mater ride in DCA. Similar to a "Whip" ride at carnivals. Consensus is that it's fun to ride with kids, but the ride time is pretty short.

Incredibles Street (can't recall the name) - Formerly Pixar Place. Newly-themed to the city where The Incredibles takes place.

I think that's it for IP-based additions that are being built, have just opened, or are pretty much confirmed to be happening. Like I said, I'm sure I've forgotten something.

Appreciate this so much. Thank you! But I was actually asking about the rumours in this thread. Like India pavillion in Epcot or DAK, Indiana Jones, Jungle Book, shanghai pirates boat ride system..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom