Independence Day 2015 celebrations at Walt Disney World

mm52200

Just curious, does anyone know if Mulch, Sweat, and Shears will be playing for the DHS July 4th fireworks this year like they normally do? I haven't been able to find any mention of them in any press release or entertainment schedule this year.

wannabeBelle

Just curious, does anyone know if Mulch, Sweat, and Shears will be playing for the DHS July 4th fireworks this year like they normally do? I haven't been able to find any mention of them in any press release or entertainment schedule this year.
Sadly enough, no the guys will not be doing their holiday show. They will be doing the regular sets on Streets of America but that is SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO Not the same thing!!! Glad I didn't plan to come by this year, I would have been very disappointed!! Marie

asianway

Sadly enough, no the guys will not be doing their holiday show. They will be doing the regular sets on Streets of America but that is SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO Not the same thing!!! Glad I didn't plan to come by this year, I would have been very disappointed!! Marie
So just the dj?

mm52200

Odd, when was the last time they did the show without the band? I'm curious as to the decision to have them not play this year and what the soundtrack will be like.

wannabeBelle

Ya know I am just not sure of the exact date, I know they have been doing the live show for at least a few years now. @wdwmagic do we have any idea on how many years the live band played for?? I wonder if this portends bad things for New Years?? Marie

C.FERNIE

the last time we were there we went to Epcot for the 4th, it was really busy all day, we didnt really do any rides (everything had a really long wait), we just wondered around taking in the atmosphere and then watched the fireworks, which were amazing!

wannabeBelle

Last year on the 4th it was actually very quiet, 50's Prime Time was actually taking walkups!!! However the Frozen Summer thing started the next day so I wonder if people held off on this park until then?? Marie

WhatJaneSays

And now the eternal question: how early do I need to start “camping” for the fireworks? I’ve already decided I’m doing MK on the 3rd because I’m off that day and Epcot on the 4th because I have to work (BOO for work YEA for free BBQ cookout).

I ended up not doing any fireworks last year so I have no reference for how early they started blocking off Main Street. One would guess that it really depends on when guests start gathering and every year that seems earlier and earlier. It’s a little worse for me because I’ll be by myself, so once I’m in place I’m stuck for the duration.

Any advice on when I should start scoping out a spot on the 3rd for MK?

So the way Celebrate America works is that it's basically a double show. What I mean by that is that they use their normal launch site behind MK but also one from the other side of the lagoon. So the same fireworks from behind and infront either way you stand. Obviously the bursts from the castle aren't behind you as well. The show also has a lot of 360 fireworks. You can enjoy this show from anywhere.

Have any questions, ask me.

Have fun!
Jacob.

DHoy

This is from last year approx 2pm notice the cast with iPads for verifying park entry, hotel reservations, dining or FastPass+
image.jpg

DHoy

As for fireworks stake out at MK if you want to watch from the Hub or Main Street plan to get in there before 8:00. Usually the bridges begin shutting down at 7:30 starting from Adventureland going clockwise with Tland closing last and filling their bridge. Once the bridges close no one gets in. If u need to exit the hub you may not be able to rejoin your party. Fantasyland bridge hands out restroom passes to return Tomorrowland does not.

Also on the Tland bridge shutdown if the bridge does close and you want to exit and go to Tomorrowland, the corridor also closes between monsters and stitch, you'll be directed through the bypass at the terrace and will need to enter Tomorrowland through the buzz gate.

Traffic flows in the park:
After Main Street fills everyone is directed into the Tomorrowland between Buzz and CoP.

Tips for dealing with two way traffic guest flows, don't try to go against the crowd on the wrong side, just work your way to center then pull and U-Turn.

Last edited:

Jahona

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom