Independence Day 2015 celebrations at Walt Disney World

Seanual757

Unless you have a fast pass I suggest keeping away from the park (MK) for July 4th. We went last year it was a mess on main street you could not even move. We decided to head back to the hotel and enjoy the pool and other July 4th things.

This year we have early fast passes for July 3rd, 4th, and 5th. We will do our quick 3 rides and head back to the resort to relax. We do plan to grab a kitchen sink and enjoy that at the MK :)

Fireworks start at 9pm. I do suggest to get a good spot if you head over to the Bus/Ferry area at MK arrive around 7:30 to get a good spot.

Last edited:

NearTheEars

We're heading to the parks on the 4th just for the fireworks. We're local, so no need to rush or worry about riding a ton of rides. We just want to see the 9 p.m. show.

But now the EPCOT VOL show has piqued my interest.

Will it be a phase closing kinda day, or would it be plausible to park at TTC, take the monorail to EPCOT to see VOL, then back to MK for the remainder of the day?

Or should we just camp out at the MK?

Seanual757

In the years past they have closed the parking lots to guests due to capacity I expect this to happen this year even earlier. If you are a APH you will be good for the 1st 3 phases of closing at the 4th everyone is out.
2 years ago they were turning folks away at the entrance into MK for parking but since we are APH they put a sticker on our car and we were able to park all others had to turn around and go home or find another location.
I would suggest arriving very early due to parking and traffic issues in the WDW area. I know last year the lines to get into the MK at the TTC for parking were extremely long to get in and this was around noon. We noticed this while on the bus from our resort to the MK.
Plan ahead and be prepared for long lines. For the fireworks we normally make a dinner reservation at Poly (Kona Café) this gets us into the POLY because they close if for July 4th to people staying at the resort only and those with dining reservations all others are turned away.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Planning to do the 3rd at MK and the 4th at Epcot. Unless I die of heat or people first.

I'll be there...should be interesting. Going to claim my viewing spot literally 4 hours in advance...maybe sooner. Come say hi if you see me!

We're heading to the parks on the 4th just for the fireworks. We're local, so no need to rush or worry about riding a ton of rides. We just want to see the 9 p.m. show.

But now the EPCOT VOL show has piqued my interest.

Will it be a phase closing kinda day, or would it be plausible to park at TTC, take the monorail to EPCOT to see VOL, then back to MK for the remainder of the day?

Or should we just camp out at the MK?

We are following the same basic plan that we did last year. July 3rd at Magic Kingdom. We will be on the second floor of the train station around 3:30pm hoping to score chairs. We got there at 4pm last year and got 3 chairs and very happily sat and played cards and went off on solo/duo adventures through the late afternoon. We have FP+ for 5, 6, and 7pm and some subset of our trio will go off to use them while the other stays at the train station. Worked very well last year and allowed for some great fireworks shots.

July 4th at Epcot. Last year we got the FP+ for viewing them from the front of the lagoon. This year we will try to score a fence spot near America to get a different view. My avatar pic is from last year.

On the 4th, I seem to recall that MK did reach at least Phase 1 closing, but I'm far too lazy to do the 3 clicks to check that...

If you are at either of those spots, look for us! (check TRs linked in signature for pictures)

Seanual757

Sounds like a great plan we will be at the MK as well on Friday and Saturday as we have AM FP+ then head over the GF to go pool hopping and then watch the fireworks.

Jeffxz

In the years past they have closed the parking lots to guests due to capacity I expect this to happen this year even earlier. If you are a APH you will be good for the 1st 3 phases of closing at the 4th everyone is out.
2 years ago they were turning folks away at the entrance into MK for parking but since we are APH they put a sticker on our car and we were able to park all others had to turn around and go home or find another location.
I would suggest arriving very early due to parking and traffic issues in the WDW area. I know last year the lines to get into the MK at the TTC for parking were extremely long to get in and this was around noon. We noticed this while on the bus from our resort to the MK.
Plan ahead and be prepared for long lines. For the fireworks we normally make a dinner reservation at Poly (Kona Café) this gets us into the POLY because they close if for July 4th to people staying at the resort only and those with dining reservations all others are turned away.

For the poly, do they only close the parking lot or will they turn away people arriving on the monorail or walking over from the TTC?

Does anyone know if the poly is strict about the guest/dining reservation only on the 3rd also?

NowInc

For the poly, do they only close the parking lot or will they turn away people arriving on the monorail or walking over from the TTC?

Does anyone know if the poly is strict about the guest/dining reservation only on the 3rd also?

They only enforce parking there. Anyone can go over and spend money as they please. :)

Seanual757

Both parking as well as getting on property. You must be on a reservation list cast members will look you up on the IPads and scan your bands or do it manually they have been very strict for the past 2 years. We were stopped last year getting off the monorail as well as the year before when we parked at the TTC.

It's only for the 3rd & 4th because folks used to park and walk over to see the fireworks as well as use the pool.

NowInc

Both parking as well as getting on property. You must be on a reservation list cast members will look you up on the IPads and scan your bands or do it manually they have been very strict for the past 2 years. We were stopped last year getting off the monorail as well as the year before when we parked at the TTC.

It's only for the 3rd & 4th because folks used to park and walk over to see the fireworks as well as use the pool.

Not sure how much they do that...not saying you are wrong but I know a lot of locals who hop over to the monorail resorts to view the 4th of July fireworks with not a reservation between any of them.

Seanual757

In the past you used to be able to but the past 2 years we have witnessed cast members stationed at each of the entrances into the resort stopping folks from viewing the fireworks who are not dining or staying at the resorts. Like I said we have been stopped the past 2 years and I am pretty sure we will again this year. With even less space this year to watch the fireworks I think they will enforce it even more.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the past you used to be able to but the past 2 years we have witnessed cast members stationed at each of the entrances into the resort stopping folks from viewing the fireworks who are not dining or staying at the resorts. Like I said we have been stopped the past 2 years and I am pretty sure we will again this year. With even less space this year to watch the fireworks I think they will enforce it even more.
What time did you see that happening?

Seanual757

The 1st year was around 5 because our dinner reservations were 6:15, and last year was maybe 4pm when we were stopped for 5:45 dinner reservations.

We have reservations at 7 this year so we plan to head over from the GF so we shall see. We were told it was just for the 2 days other than that it's always open.

NeonNinja

As a former cast memeber here are some tips
1. Epcot will never fill up
2. MK went into Phase 2 last year and it was a mad house
3. I was able to see the fireworks from the park on July 3rd as I was working that night last year Fireworks are my #1 hit list for this year at MK
4. Be warned if the parking lot does fill up you will be turned away unless you have proof you parked at MK from the epcot Monorail station they will not allow you on. -

Seanual757

july 4.jpg
This was from Polly 2 years ago on the beach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom