Incredibles Ride Update

Epcot82Guy

Probably a good idea! :) I was jotting down some ideas when I read yours, though, and I thought it would be a really cool concept to have the show building divided in two, boarding the pods in an open area and have them whizzing overhead. This part would be visible and look like the only part from outside. Then have all the different "directions" go back into a large forest that has more interactive elements depending on which track you take. Then enter the hideout (side 2 of the show building) deep in the forest and exit out thorugh the forest, seeing the pods dart in and out of trees and caves. Just a way of upping the anticipation since the cars all disappear into dense trees and no one really knows where they are going to.

Just a thought! :wave:

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
Ye I really like that idea. I was thinking of having guests travel past moving dioramas from the film at certain points. e.g. in the jungle, you could speed past the "A whole family of supers" bit with mini anamatronics being held up by syndrome.

New2WDW

Neat Ideas!

My family and I just watched the Incredibles last night and I remeber seeing your sketches on it a while back! Your doing very well on the idea! Keep it up! A neat thought on a ride like this is the building for the ride could be off the beaten track or even in the backlot areas and the car you ride in can take you from the park over to the building and back again without using up space in the park. For instance, say Tomorrowland has a loading area and fast pass area for your ride. People board the car and ride up and over Tomorrowland, the train track and out to an additional area outside the park into the building you have designed for the ride and then back to Tomorrowland. I am not familiar with the surrounding layout of the MK park but it could save from having to replace another ride. Anyway, great job and I can't wait to see its completion!

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
Cool idea, yeah, I'll get right back onto it once I've gotten through my kinda important "Advanced Subsidiary" exams-AAAhhh. Thanks again. :)

cool Ideas u have

Here are some of My Ideas:
Keep the ride in Disneylands Tomorrowland, The Ride can be altered here and there to fit the style, but so far the style isn't that far off, and like you said, you could use the old People mover/ Rocket rods track. not only will this be good because of it alreadybeing built and all, but it will also help put some motion and excitement back into Disneyland's Tomorrowland.
You have some great ideas so far, and the drawings look amazing.
Keep up the good work.

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
Thanks a lot, I just thought the idea of having these pods whizzing around tomorrowland would bring a buzz and excitement back to the area.

BTW "Laufschneller" is German for fast runner, right? Is that your surname of something then?

Yea it does mean Run Faster, But it started out as and inside joke and now I use in diffrent places everywhere.

Searching through my "Imaginearing" book, I saw a picture of an early rendering of Tomarrow land might look like, and instead of the regular people mover track there are Blimb/Ball shaped vehicles that are hanging. This sort of Idea fits with the theming around the ride, Therefore I'm sure your trains will fit in perfectly too.

I found soem Images of Monorail/People mover type trains that would look awsome for both the Ride and tomarrowland.
p17a.jpg

tycho_view3_lg.jpg

Well thats all I could find for now. I hope it helps with your overall design of the vehicle, and I'm sure it wil look amazing like all of your other sketches.

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
Yes, my exams are finally over, "endlich!" So more updates will follow. BTW laufschneller, thanks for those pics, that's a great look, v. retro yet futuristic.

Ideas

Hey it's me with some more ideas!!!
~I have an Idea to give the ride the "Dark ride feel" like fantasyland you
wanted. towards thae end of the ride, you could direct the car into a show
building where the car will be cought right in the middle of the battle between
the Incredibles and Nomanisan. The car can be set up to react to various
explosions and attacks. This will make the guest feel like they are really cought
in the action.
~With the "Guest choice option" I think you should go more with the car is on
auto pilot, where the guest are on a special VIP tour of the island when
everything goes wrong, I think that a ride with choices and cars going in
diffrent directions will be too much $ and not workable. I'm sure you could
make it seem as though the track doe go in diffrent directions that way you
get the effect that the ride is part of a large compound.
Well, Good luck with your designs. I'm looking foreward to more Ideas and drawings of yours!

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
How about this idea:
We all know that Syndrome made his money by inventing weapons, how about we make the guests "investors from overseas"? They are touring the island when the Incredibles escape. The pod modules (podules, lol) are set to evacuate mode, which incidently tracks our beloved supers around the island culminating in your fight scene idea. I MUST sketch this plan cos my brain is overflowing. brb.

stitchcastle

Dr.Seeker said:
How about this idea:
We all know that Syndrome made his money by inventing weapons, how about we make the guests "investors from overseas"? They are touring the island when the Incredibles escape. The pod modules (podules, lol) are set to evacuate mode, which incidently tracks our beloved supers around the island culminating in your fight scene idea. I MUST sketch this plan cos my brain is overflowing. brb.

You can't turn guests into investors from overseas since Syndrome's Island is his secret. No one knows about it but him. "I saved all the better [weapons] for myself". He wouldn't take investors to his top secret island.

How about making the guest survivors from a plane that crashed on the island?

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
stitchcastle said:
How about making the guest survivors from a plane that crashed on the island?
That would be really difficult because the loading area and quesu would have to be like airport thmed i guess, then valuable time would have to be spent explain and persuading guests that they've landed on the island. How about they are all supers recruited by mirage. Similar to the film they are sonn turned upon and are forced to escape.

i sort of like the idea for the "Investors" like "Secret Investors" who are up to no good. But i Agree with Stitch castle in that the secret island would not be revealed to the "Investors." But I also agree that the Airport would be TOo dificult for themeing and convincing the guests that they crash landed on the island and all, What I'm trying to say is it would be hard to make the guests feel as though they are a part of the story.
You could alwayssay that the guests where taken to the Island by the incredibles on some sort of "Take a Guest to work day" that went terribly wrong...
...very very dificult!!!!

-Karl

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
Yeah, I'm still a fan of the investor idea though, Syndrome wouldn't necessarily show them all the hangars and labs on purpose, but the evacuation goes through all these places. plus i think it would be easy to convince guests that they were prospective buyers.

It's been a while but here are my Ideas for the ride layout.
The ride can continue on the Old WED way People mover track. When you reach the parts of the track where you want to do a "show Area" the train would pull into a small room where the door would close behind them. In this room is where the action will take place along with the car being nocked around and shaken. The action the guests are seeing is a projection on the wall around the vehicle. The room should probobly be round to allow a seemless 360 degree view. after the scene the track would reset in place and the pod continues foreward through the wall which opens up. But this could be turned into a door. This ride would combine the ride through adventure like in the Dark rides of fantasy land with the virtual reality movement and show like Star wars in Disney's MGM Studios.

Here is a little drawing of what the building could be set up as. THe rooms would be lined up as shown. and when a pod's show is done, a new pod comes to fill the spot. and so on down the line. the more viewing rooms you add will increase the guest movement through the ride, but will also allow you to lengtthen the action sequence.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/Laufschneller654/8dca747a.bmp
sry the pic is so small. I dont know how to make it bigger.

How about the Guests are "Hero's in training" they are taken to the island by the incredibles as a sort of "Internship." They where asighned the island to check out suspicious activities when all goes wrong when they discover the secret lab and have to escape the Island.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom