Incredibles Ride Update

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
Hi, after re-reading my 'Art of The Incredibles' book I was inspired to continue my projects from AGES ago.
For those of you who have no clue what I've done so far, here are some links:

The Vehicle design: www.geocities.com/timerover2004/cab.gif

A section of the outside track: http://www.geocities.com/timerover2004/cab2.gif

An inside portion of the track:http://www.geocities.com/timerover2004/turn.gif

Basically guests will be able to control the vehicle paths to a certain extent; at various points, Mirage (appearing on in-car screeens) will promt guests to select left or right. If no choice is made, she will decide.

More stuff to follow!

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
Me again, here is the most recent picture.
This scene is right near the loading area as guests pass through the winding halls of Syndrome's base.
An alert is sounded, "Attention, there are supers on the loose in area B-6. Approach with caution and fire on sight"
As you unter area B6 a door slides open revealing the Incredibles, before sliding shut again quickly:

www.geocities.com/timerover2004/hall4.jpg

And hopefully someone other than myself will reply first :D

thanks.

stitch001

Your ride looks really cool so far. It really looks like fitting with the movie. where are you thinking of putting this ride? I can't wait for you to show more about the ride.

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
Thanks! This ride is designed for Tomorrowland (actually it's supposed to go to Disneyland's one, utilising the old Peoplemover/ Rocket Rods track in addition to a show building) I want it to combine new technology with the story telling of those dark rides in Fantasyland.

More pics to come!

ImaginEAR

Ooh... very good! I like how this is coming out! Can you maybe make it more Tomorrowland-ish though? AS if more Pixar in DL's Tomorrowland is enough... I'd rather see this than Buzz.

Fantasmic!329

Dr.Seeker said:
Hope the two of you tracking this enjoy this update!
Make that three, hadn't looked in the Imagineer forum in ages, but rediscovered it yesterday. Saw your thread and was impressed. Sorry I didn't get a chance to comment. Love the idea!

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
ImaginEAR said:
Ooh... very good! I like how this is coming out! Can you maybe make it more Tomorrowland-ish though?

Tomorrowland-ish? Check this pic out and see if I've nailed it. If not please expand on what you mean.

Anyhoo, I drew the ride building today. My aim was to keep the design in the style of tomorrowland. The building itself is labelled 'SYNDROME INC.' which of course was the company syndrome ran, selling weapons. The pic shows the two queue lines, a portion of the monorail track and some billboards I added for Pixarphiles.

Pictures will b uploaded later.

BTW thanks to you guys who bother reading my updates, it really keeps me going! (Yes more to come)

stitch001

That looks amazing!

and the billboards, very nice touch. I almost fell over laughing when I fiugred them out. and its totaly fits with tomorrowland.

:sohappy:

stitchcastle

I Looooove the bilboards :D however, I don't think The Incredibles belong to Tomorrowland the locale of the film itself has a more 50's/60's feel to it and would sorely contrast to the futuristic/space theme of Tomorrowland. I think this belongs more to the Studios.

Not For Sale

stitchcastle said:
I Looooove the bilboards :D however, I don't think The Incredibles belong to Tomorrowland the locale of the film itself has a more 50's/60's feel to it and would sorely contrast to the futuristic/space theme of Tomorrowland. I think this belongs more to the Studios.
DL's Tomorrowland is actually supposed to be a "retro" look into what the future would be like...The sort of future that never came.

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
Not For Sale said:
DL's Tomorrowland is actually supposed to be a "retro" look into what the future would be like...The sort of future that never came.

Both Tomorrowland and The Incredibles are set in the future as seen from a 1950's perspective, where everyone has personal jetpacks and robots doing chores e.t.c. but I can understand their points.

Thanks for all your feedback, I'll post something soon, promise :)

Rob.

ImaginEAR

Not For Sale said:

I believe that's WDW's New Tomorrowland. Ads for it described it as "The Future that never was is finally here!"

imagineer boy

It looks like a good ride, but it would be way out of place in tomorrowland. Technically, the incredables is supposed to take place in modern days, but with a 50s retro look. An Incredables ride would be better off at MGM.

Epcot82Guy

I agree that it would not fit in Tomorrowland as is. I do think the vehicles themselves would fit, though. They have a very retro-modern look that would mesh with the current WDW theme. However, I agree that the story wouldn't mesh since, as you said, the Incredibles is a "current" film (speaking of which I need to go get a copy of it).

I would love to see a section of MGM, DCA, etc. into a Pixar area (I will dodge the tomatoes starting now). I think having this kinetic energy & motion going through a corner of that area would make a great addition to any park.

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
All valid points, I'm gonna focus on finishing the ride before i work out where it's going to go. Though the building might change if it was going to be in MGM I guess. Hmm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom