Incident at Epcot today(March 6th)

Frankie The Beer

I don't know whats more embarrassing, the fact someone is whining about being stuck in a line at Disney World or posting about it on the internet while at Disney World. People need to learn to chill out, if my child was being crushed I would have forced myself out of harms way, I don't think anyone would have objected one bit. If they did I would have just raised my child Martin Sheen style from The Dead Zone.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Who needs evidence when you can just jump to conclusions?
*Guest at Epcot bends down to tie his shoe

Random Disney fan who does not drink: "OMG! this guy was soooo drunk at Epcot that he nearly fell over and toppled everyone around him!!! Disney should ban alcohol!! My child had to witness this monster and it ruined our day"!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
They have 20 security officers and 5-15 law enforcement agents at every checkpoint probing every inch of our diaper bag and you wonder how they could be any faster at clearing two idiots fighting on a walkway?

Drag idiots away, direct traffic as stated in previous posts. Pretty cut and dry.

I guess the personal attachment they had assigned to your trip must have been slacking that hour.... management will be informed.

mouse_luv

I had a long response typed up to one guy but I'm just gonna toss a blanket statement out there.

I'm not okay with kids, especially my own, being smashed because of idiotic adults. That's both of the morons that were fighting and the leadership that failed to appear to handle the situation.

That being said, I'm not okay with my kid being put at risk of being harmed. I don't care if the CM tells you to walk over him, I'm telling you no. If someone causes harm to my kid or someone else's kid, I'm getting vocal to start with and we'll see how it goes from there. If you don't like it, I don't care. I won't be responding to anything from here on out because it's basically just become bantering back and forth.

Have a good one, folks.

1tz3fc.jpg

mousehockey37

I had a long response typed up to one guy but I'm just gonna toss a blanket statement out there.

Uh huh, suuuure ya did.

I'm not okay with kids, especially my own, being smashed because of idiotic adults. That's both of the morons that were fighting and the leadership that failed to appear to handle the situation.

Maybe I'm not okay with idiotic parents taking their kids to Disney. The only person that sounded like they were unable to handle the situation was you honestly.

That being said, I'm not okay with my kid being put at risk of being harmed. I don't care if the CM tells you to walk over him, I'm telling you no. If someone causes harm to my kid or someone else's kid, I'm getting vocal to start with and we'll see how it goes from there. If you don't like it, I don't care. I won't be responding to anything from here on out because it's basically just become bantering back and forth.

Have a good one, folks.

Remember, if you have to get vocal... The magic words are...

"Eyes on me" It apparently makes raptors keep their distance.

Also... a bus driver did confirm for me that police were at the scene directing traffic...

OneofThree

I have to say two things about the original post
  1. Credability is lost when you resort to ad hominem attacks. Classsic Fallacious argument.
  2. You are responsible for your self and your child in a crowd. Not Disney.

The epic irony of this post. . . :hilarious:.

Go look into "duty of care", and begin to develop a clue before you make a total <insert many things> of yourself.

scottieRoss

The duty of care that you mention, is the duty of yourself to care for yourself and for you to act in a safe way. That is exactly what I meant. Under the duty of care, you have a duty to take care in what you do.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The duty of care that you mention, is the duty of yourself to care for yourself and for you to act in a safe way. That is exactly what I meant. Under the duty of care, you have a duty to take care in what you do.

Disney is a party to ensuring safety for the crowds... but this boils down to someone complaining that the mass of people was being fed through a tight area leading to everyone being packed together. It’s no big deal because Disney was keeping the crowd from doing anything dangerous and they weren’t at risk except from bumping each other.

It’s much ado about nothing.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Bring alcohol into crowds and stuff like this has an increased likelihood of happening.
You suggested that Disney should ban alcohol as if it were somehow related to this incident. I asked f there was any evidence to prove it. You replied with an axiom, which leads me to believe that you have no evidence. The fight could have occurred due to one man accidentally spilling his coffee on the other man, which means that if we go by your process of determining what should be banned, then Disney should ban coffee.

The likelihood of a mother cursing out a CM at Guest Relations increases when the MDE app malfunctions. Disney should ban the MDE app.

(True story), a man was arrested in Magic Kingdom last October when he attempted to propose to his girlfriend and a CM told him he could not stop in the area he was in. The man refused and an altercation ensued and he was arrested. Disney should ban proposals, correct? See how easy it is to do this.

Unplugged

(True story), a man was arrested in Magic Kingdom last October when he attempted to propose to his girlfriend and a CM told him he could not stop in the area he was in. The man refused and an altercation ensued and he was arrested. Disney should ban proposals, correct? See how easy it is to do this.

Ha! They'll never ban proposals. They'll just install a designated "Proposal Event Area" and charge $79.95 + tax per person with a desert cup when you're done. :D

tampabrad

Has anyone heard about a fight at Epcot today around 4pm? We got to right between Norway and Mexico and couldn't go any further. The crowds were amassed and there were a few CMs trying to direct traffic but there was a wide gap in the section I posted where nobody was going through. Some girl told us there was two fights going on and we heard a group of 3 guys mention something about "I got that on video".

I'm not gonna lie, I was ticked off because Disney leadership did such a crappy job of directing the traffic flow. My 2 year old was getting sandwiched between an old guy in a wheelchair and some dude and his stroller. I got a little vocal and got about a 4 foot radial spacing after that. I was pretty ticked because they did such a lousy job. Common sense would tell you that a crowd of that size doesn't need to be told to "keep moving to the right".

Common sense would be to turn around and avoid the large mass of people. Not bring a 2 year old into the mix.

The Empress Lilly

You suggested that Disney should ban alcohol as if it were somehow related to this incident. I asked f there was any evidence to prove it. You replied with an axiom, which leads me to believe that you have no evidence. The fight could have occurred due to one man accidentally spilling his coffee on the other man, which means that if we go by your process of determining what should be banned, then Disney should ban coffee.

The likelihood of a mother cursing out a CM at Guest Relations increases when the MDE app malfunctions. Disney should ban the MDE app.

By this logic, one shouldn't ban alcohol in traffic either.

jaques21

Have a good one, folks.
how is this Disney's fault? I understand what your saying about your kid but still if you haven't realized its CMs telling people what to do, now in my over 100 visits to WDW most of the time its 50/50 if people listen (don't run, stay behind yellow line, stay seated, or walk this direction). ITS WDW its a fun environment but its not always gonna go alright. Disney does the best they can and sometimes above and beyond, if you don't agree, fine, I guess I just don't agree with you. BTW I'm sure they'll look over how to handle this situation better if this ever happens again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom