Incident at Epcot today(March 6th)

donaldtoo

So your 2 year old sitting in a stroller is being "smashed because of idiotic adults" and you don't just pick them up? Great parenting genius.

Have none of you people heard of the massive SUV stroller pileups at WDW these days...?!?!?!
Oh, the humanity, and the carnage...!!!!!!! :eek:😭

And, bonus silliness/stupidity on my part...!!!!! :hilarious::cyclops:;):)

TraderSam

I'm not okay with kids, especially my own, being smashed because of idiotic adults. That's both of the morons that were fighting and the leadership that failed to appear to handle the situation.

So this thread elevated quickly, which is a shame.

There are so many unknowns about the situation. In fact, the OP started by asking for details on the incident. It's tough to criticize Disney's handling of the situation without knowing the details of the situation. In fact, the only thing we do know is that apparently none of us know what happened.

One thing I do know about Disney's operating procedures is that Safety is their first priority. If the crowd of people appeared to be unsafe, I can only assume that the incident causing the traffic jam was considered to be less safe than the traffic jam itself. That is to say that CMs may have made the call to divert foot traffic away from something they felt was more of a danger than the foot traffic.

Mahalo!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@draybook , just wondering if you might consider writing to WDW management, about your experience. Perhaps your suggestions for a different approach to directing crowds, may be considered for future situations. Often, changes come about after the fact, when management can sit down and discuss options.

(I'm thinking that the CMs probably did the best they could, in light of a dangerous situation that came about with no advance warning.) Anyway, glad to hear that your 2-year-old is o.k., and no one else got hurt in the crowd either.

The Empress Lilly

I'm not okay with kids, especially my own, being smashed because of idiotic adults. That's both of the morons that were fighting and the leadership that failed to appear to handle the situation.
I fear this is the new reality of EPCOT. WS is simultaneously turned into the world's biggest Fantasyland (Frozenland, Ratland, BatB, Moana sing-a-long fireworks show)show, and the world's biggest outdoor bar.

No place to move anymore because of f&b booths. Then picture the MK stroller brigade and MK wall-to-wall crowds combined with the rowdy drunks that take over WS after 4pm.

We're going to see a lot of threads like yours.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
WDW frontline/middle management isn't always great, but in all fairness, if a fight breaks out, it's random, it's not like they could have taped off crowd control walking paths and put up ropes in advance ala a parade.
No sir! That'd be an upcharge!

Minthorne

Actually, it's "don't hurt my 2 year old or I'm going to show you the real me no matter if I get banned". But tomato, tom-mahto...

So in other words, the actual fight could have been a father protecting his child in a stroller from getting hurt by a crowd. Which in turn caused more crowding and brought you to the edge of almost starting another fight?

And do you really want to tell everyone the real you is a person that solves problems with violence? The solution to being crowded because a fight has broke out is to, of course, start another fight. I sure hope it wasn’t some grandmother in your four foot space...didnt Jesus say turn the other cheek? Or was it “I’ll show you the real me and just forgive you!”

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

So in other words, the actual fight could have been a father protecting his child in a stroller from getting hurt by a crowd. Which in turn caused more crowding and brought you to the edge of almost starting another fight?

And do you really want to tell everyone the real you is a person that solves problems with violence? The solution to being crowded because a fight has broke out is to, of course, start another fight. I sure hope it wasn’t some grandmother in your four foot space...didnt Jesus say turn the other cheek? Or was it “I’ll show you the real me and just forgive you!”

The answers to your questions are all right here:

Tony the Tigger

Man goes to Disney. His two year old ends up in dangerous situation. Man gets mocked by Disney fans.

You left out some things between the second and third sentence IMO.

Man gets hysterical. Man thinks his kid is the only kid there. Man screams or shrieks or something until people give him four feet of space (again, because his kid is more important than all the other kids) Man makes up reasons for what happened. Man is incredulous that police weren’t right there at that exact time to do exactly what CM’s were doing and blames Disney.

Man comes here to whine and look for sympathy and show everyone how tough he is, and what he might have done to people.

eliza61nyc

You left out some things between the second and third sentence IMO.

Man gets hysterical. Man thinks his kid is the only kid there. Man screams or shrieks or something until people give him four feet of space (again, because his kid is more important than all the other kids) Man makes up reasons for what happened. Man is incredulous that police weren’t right there at that exact time to do exactly what CM’s were doing and blames Disney.

Man comes here to whine and look for sympathy and show everyone how tough he is, and what he might have done to people.
You forgot Man gets mad at everyone who doesn't agree with him and tries to insult them.

scottieRoss

Maybe it's time for Epcot to reconsider this whole alcohol thing and stick to the true roots of Disney... "No alcohol" and/or "Can't drink on property."

Something to think about.
You do realize that drinking on property is something that started when the property opened? Thats right, Walt Disney World was full of lounges since the beginning, along with booze cruises on 7 Seas Lagoon, and Vegas nightclub shows at the Top of the World

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom