Incident at Epcot today(March 6th)

The Empress Lilly

Has anyone heard about a fight at Epcot today around 4pm? We got to right between Norway and Mexico and couldn't go any further. The crowds were amassed and there were a few CMs trying to direct traffic but there was a wide gap in the section I posted where nobody was going through. Some girl told us there was two fights going on and we heard a group of 3 guys mention something about "I got that on video".

I'm not gonna lie, I was ticked off because Disney leadership did such a crappy job of directing the traffic flow. My 2 year old was getting sandwiched between an old guy in a wheelchair and some dude and his stroller. I got a little vocal and got about a 4 foot radial spacing after that. I was pretty ticked because they did such a lousy job. Common sense would tell you that a crowd of that size doesn't need to be told to "keep moving to the right".
I was in WS Wednesday around 3pm/4pm. The place was packed. Too many people, too many booths, too many bottlenecks.

There is no leeway to prevent or solve crowd issues. Thank God it was just fight . (Then again, these fights break out precisely because of this mixture of overcrowding, booze, and WDW's stressful environment)

The Empress Lilly

you're posts are always so stupid
;)

They sell these over at MouseGear, just $1.99. Go get one while they last:

1000x1000.jpg

JoeCamel

I am an out of state platinum plus pass holder. There are many DVC owners like me who visit several times a year and an annual pass makes it more affordable. I know Disney makes lots of money off out of state DVC annual passholders. They may or may not make as much from local passholders but neither of us know for sure.
DVC should include a pass. Didn't it at one time?
Platinum pass is nothing more than saying I spent more money than you IMO

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
...this is so horrifying...I may never recover...

I expect full etiquette and class from a place where you can pay for booze via rfid every 11 feet or so in vagabond, plywood shell temp structures...

I’m clutching my Pearls so hard...I may break them!!! And then what will Ward
Say after Wally and the Beav go to bed tonight???

draybook

Original Poster
I'm sorry about causing that fight. The other guy kept saying Donald was not wearing pants. I maintained he was wearing feather panties. I just need to learn to let this kind of stuff go...

But expecting Disney to protect everyone in a crowd from being crowded? Or "Don't melt my Snowflake!"

Actually, it's "don't hurt my 2 year old or I'm going to show you the real me no matter if I get banned". But tomato, tom-mahto...

DHoy

I don't like my kid or anyone else's being smooshed because of bad management and direction. And if you think that law enforcement can't get through a crowd faster than regular guests, you're just being obtuse.

Other people in the crowd were complaining about the same thing, both out loud and in conversation with me during and after the fact. Some little fella on the internet holds no weight with me with his opinion when I was there and had to deal with their incompetent ways.

How are they going to get through the crowd faster? Obviously by forcing their way through and doing the action you are most ardently complaining about -- smooshing. Then we could of had a thread on "law enforcement aggressively plows through guests knocking over children"

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Or here in Philly the big thing is road construction. You see one guy actually doing the work, 4 guys watching him do the work and traffic backed up for miles. lol I love the flaggers who hold the sign but never get traffic moving.

Getting crowds to move where you want them to, IS not as easy as some folks think it is.
Everything I ever needed to know about Philadelphia I learned by watching Parking Wars.

rnese

Don't let this distract you from the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis.

Let's focus people.

draybook

Original Poster
I had a long response typed up to one guy but I'm just gonna toss a blanket statement out there.

I'm not okay with kids, especially my own, being smashed because of idiotic adults. That's both of the morons that were fighting and the leadership that failed to appear to handle the situation.

That being said, I'm not okay with my kid being put at risk of being harmed. I don't care if the CM tells you to walk over him, I'm telling you no. If someone causes harm to my kid or someone else's kid, I'm getting vocal to start with and we'll see how it goes from there. If you don't like it, I don't care. I won't be responding to anything from here on out because it's basically just become bantering back and forth.

Have a good one, folks.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Right? What's up with all these man-boys. Family men who dress somewhere in between a criminal and a nine year old, and think an invitation to a fistfight is an appropriate means to settle a dispute. (Which, now that I formulated it like that, finally makes sense to me: nine year old schoolboys and criminals do pick fights indeed)
Thems fightin words.

Tony the Tigger

Actually, it's "don't hurt my 2 year old or I'm going to show you the real me no matter if I get banned". But tomato, tom-mahto...

I’m sorry, I’m not used to guys who talk so tough whining so much.

You wanted police to appear out of thin air to get people to stay right, while complaining there were several cast members telling people to stay right.

Maybe they should just “get vocal” like you did and “clear a four foot radius.” What people must have thought of you.

I understand being scared by the situation, but your expectations were unrealistic.

You can guess and blame it on alcohol if you want, to support your narrative. Alcohol isn’t going away.

Nobody likes to go through that, but there’s no need for hysterics. I’m sure if you complain, you’ll get an extra Fast Pass.

Tom Morrow

I had a long response typed up to one guy but I'm just gonna toss a blanket statement out there.

I'm not okay with kids, especially my own, being smashed because of idiotic adults. That's both of the morons that were fighting and the leadership that failed to appear to handle the situation.

That being said, I'm not okay with my kid being put at risk of being harmed. I don't care if the CM tells you to walk over him, I'm telling you no. If someone causes harm to my kid or someone else's kid, I'm getting vocal to start with and we'll see how it goes from there. If you don't like it, I don't care. I won't be responding to anything from here on out because it's basically just become bantering back and forth.

Have a good one, folks.
WDW frontline/middle management isn't always great, but in all fairness, if a fight breaks out, it's random, it's not like they could have taped off crowd control walking paths and put up ropes in advance ala a parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom