Incident at Epcot today(March 6th)

FrankLapidus

Wow. I’m a bit shocked at these replies.
It’s not unreasonable to be disappointed at crowd control when a fight breaks out at EPCOT.
There shouldn’t be fisticuffs to begin with.
It’s a sad affair,and even worse that so many folks seem to think that’s “the way it goes”
Poster just didn’t like his child being pressed into a crowd to get around the WWF event...

But that is the way it goes.

I remember watching two men get into a fight first thing in the morning at the MK hub because each of them thought it was their family's turn to take a picture in front of the Partners statue, which is pretty much the height of pettiness. Nothing really surprises me having seen that and in the 20+ years I've been going to WDW I've seen maybe half a dozen incidents like it.

It shouldn't happen, in an ideal world everyone would be able to control their tempers and not allow themselves to be dragged into situations like this one. But they can't, so it's inevitable that incidents like this are going to happen at WDW.

Oddysey

Is it really necessary to highlight the logical fallacy that all things work in both directions?

Do we need to dig up the litany of examples of violence between people that did not include alcohol?

Or that litany of data that demonstrates alcohol tends to amplify aggressive behavior in those that are naturally more aggressive by nature. Such an extreme “logical fallacy” I have made. :rolleyes:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Or that litany of data that demonstrates alcohol tends to amplify aggressive behavior in those that are naturally more aggressive by nature. Such an extreme “logical fallacy” I have made. :rolleyes:

That's the same logic that says "all XYZ people are criminals..." etc. It's stereotyping and leaping to conclusions. Not logic.

What you said about alcohol is true.. no one is denying that. But just because that's true, it doesn't mean it was in play here simply because the cite about alcohol is true. That's your logic fail.

Oddysey

That's the same logic that says "all XYZ people are criminals..." etc. It's stereotyping and leaping to conclusions. Not logic.

What you said about alcohol is true.. no one is denying that. But just because that's true, it doesn't mean it was in play here simply because the cite about alcohol is true. That's your logic fail.

Your correct in that I was generalizing and alcohol may not have played a part in this specific scenario. I admittedly expressed a quick thought from my phone that was more pertinent to my feelings of how the “WS” and Epcot overall is currently managed. I will admit I failed to be specific in my intent behind the post. Which was a poor choice on my part since the thread is about a specific scenario and not a broader issue.

Bpmorley

There aren't many adults that don't know that alcohol can escalate any situation. But can't just assume every fight is alcohol induced. Lots of factors in Disney anymore can be frustrating. Excessive heat/rain, long lines, smelly people, rude people/CMs, can't get fastpasses/reservation/room you want, just for a few. And it's not getting any cheaper, so I think there are alot more people on edge down there anymore thinking they deserve more for their money and they are not getting it.

JoeCamel

There aren't many adults that don't know that alcohol can escalate any situation. But can't just assume every fight is alcohol induced. Lots of factors in Disney anymore can be frustrating. Excessive heat/rain, long lines, smelly people, rude people/CMs, can't get fastpasses/reservation/room you want, just for a few. And it's not getting any cheaper, so I think there are alot more people on edge down there anymore thinking they deserve more for their money and they are not getting it.
"Down there"? you must be one of those yankees :joyfull:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
In the last several years, since drinking around the world has become a thing, there are now large groups of drunk **** walking around the parks causing problems
In the last several years, many more "beer crawls"/challenges have become popular such as the "Boardwalk Crawl", or the "Monorail Crawl", which Disney themselves even got in on (sort of), and many large groups of people do it or stop at one of the resorts and have a few drinks before going to MK. We should see more "large crowds of drunk " at Magic Kingdom or walking around the Boardwalk, shouldnt we?

Disney Springs is just as much of an outdoor bar as Epcot is. Where are the cries of outrage that Disney Springs is ruined by all the drunkards fighting and plundering the town?

mouse_luv

In the last several years, many more "beer crawls"/challenges have become popular such as the "Boardwalk Crawl", or the "Monorail Crawl", which Disney themselves even got in on (sort of), and many large groups of people do it or stop at one of the resorts and have a few drinks before going to MK. We should see more "large crowds of drunk ****" at Magic Kingdom or walking around the Boardwalk, shouldnt we?

Disney Springs is just as much of an outdoor bar as Epcot is. Where are the cries of outrage that Disney Springs is ruined by all the drunkards fighting and plundering the town?

While I agree with you; people don't complain about DS because it's designed for that type of thing and is also not something we pay obscene admission for. Anyone can go to DS.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
While I agree with you; people don't complain about DS because it's designed for that type of thing and is also not something we pay obscene admission for. Anyone can go to DS.
My point was just that there is just as much alcohol consumed at DS yet we dont see the all the fighting, barfing, and traumatizing antics people claim to see at Epcot.

BoarderPhreak

My point was just that there is just as much alcohol consumed at DS yet we dont see the all the fighting, barfing, and traumatizing antics people claim to see at Epcot.
Well, I think it's worth pointing out that no other WDW park (or any other location at WDW) has as much alcohol per sq. ft. as EC.

EDIT: clarification

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom