in your opinion what is the best character meal?

SpectroMan

1900 Park Fare has the best food for breakfast, and like stated before there is Alice, the Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins. Since most of the characters are face characters, it creates a very special time.

ilovechipndale

I'm in Entertainment so I've worked at most of the character dining locations and I've eaten at several. If you want to be able to spend more time with the characters, I would suggest either the Garden Grill in the Land in EPCOT, or 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. Those are 2 of my favorite restaurants to work at for that very reason. I love being able to spend extra time with guests and really play around with them. I also really like the food at both of them.

We've only done 2 - Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill - and we like both, but for different reasons.

Chef Mickey's is cool because you can see the characters the whole time they're going from table to table, and because you get to participate in the song, etc.

I liked Garden Grill better because of the revolving restaurant and the chance to look in on "Living with the Land." The kids really enjoyed that, too, even more so because we had just done the ride before dinner. The booths in Garden Grill are high, so you can't really see anyone else while you're eating, so the characters do have to stop at each booth for a little longer than normal. The extra attention is nice, and the kids get all excited when they see one of the characters pop up over the next booth wall.

pacochran

We've done Chef Mickey's and loved it. The Food was great as well as the characters.

Also have done Liberty Tree Tavern and liked that but not as much as Chef Mickey's.

Also have done breakfast at Cinderella's table, it was ok and glad we can say we did, but probably wouldn't go back right away.

SirGoofy

Liberty Tree Tavern by far. Awesome food, all you can eat ham, turkey, roast beef, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, carrots, etc. The dessert is warm apple cobbler with ice cream, which is delicious. Plus they have this awesome apple butter for rolls, which is amazing.

cpcpjfan

And while it's not a "character" breakfast, exactly, if you've got small kids, check out the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. It's a rip-roarin' way to start the day, with pony races, yee-haws and more. Plus, the breakfast prices tend to be a bit more reasonable.

Couldn't agree more. We always make a point of going to breakfast there at least once every trip.

Rogue71371

Just an update on Character Breakfasts. I just made reservations for Nov 11th through Nov 20th.

Crystal Palace Breakfast With Winnie the Pooh is available all the days with a lot of different seating times.

Ohana Breakfast with Stitch is available all the days with a lot of differnt seating times.

However Cinderellas Breakfast and Lunch are both booked solid through our stay. I was able to make Dinner reservations though.

44 days to go!!!!!!!!!

Lucky

We've done Chef M's and CRT 3x each, so I guess they are our favorites. But we've done Donald's at AK twice and loved it, and the Princess breakfast at Norway was good.

Alztybrn

To be honest, it is hard to argue with any of them. They all have their plusses and minuses, but as a whole, all the food is very good. We always hit the ones that our kids which our kids would really want to see. Chef Mickey's and Crystal Place are definates each time just becasue of the characters. Besides, I love the oreo/mickey ears mouse cookies at Chef Mickeys.

Oh how I wish we could have gotten the Toy Story meal at MGM!

cynical

One of our favorite character meals is at the Crystal Pavillion in MK. We did dinner, and got one of the last seatings as the park was closing (in Nov). Most of the tables had emptied out. Pooh and Tigger were extremely playful, and gave us tons of attention. Pooh sat next to my son as Tigger tried to feed my wife. We find that especially with character meals, its better to pick odd times when things are less crowded.

We also try to do character breakfasts only on the days when we aren't hitting the park, or are doing water parks. It seems to be a good way to pace ourselves and keep our son from getting overwhelmed.

Dragonrider1227

Chef Mickey RULZ! :D I've got two great shots of my sister hugging Mickey like there's no tommorow ^^
I also have a great memory from 1990 of being at a character breakfast *I don't remember which* and my little brother *who's autistic* was panicing because none of the character were coming to our table and then Minnie came and he was just so excited, he babbled at her for a while and Minnie just shruged at us having no idea what he said and neither did we XD

ynot167

Last year, we went to 3 Character meals. Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, and Ohana's. Both my daughers 2 and 4 at the time loved Ohana's. The family style serving was also great compared to the buffet styles at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace.

madtheswine630

I haven't been to that many, but my vote goes for Liberty Tree Tavern as well (as maybe my avatar suggests, hehehe). The food on the night I went there was slightly subpar (everything was dried out), but those sorts of things happen and the atmosphere is really nice.

My favorite story from that trip was while eating there, actually. There was a family of two parents and two twin girls, all from the UK. The girls were cute as a button, well-behaved and all that. Well, one of them went to try cutting her slice of ham (they were right next to our table--I wasn't spying, lol), and because it was so dry and tough, her plate wound up flying off the table. She started crying, and I totally commiserated with her because at that age, I would have cried, too! One of the servers came over and took her plate away, then came back with a handful of glittery confetti for each girl, which immediately soothed away the tears. ;)

Not that that sort of treatment wouldn't have happened at any other Disney restaurant, but it was so nice to see! :)

psmart4330

Hello everyone. New member, 1st post... :wave: Next Disney trip is scheduled for this October. :sohappy:
Last year my wife and I took our 4 year old daughter on her first visit to WDW. We stayed at the All-Star Movies resort. This year its Port Orleans.

Our favorite character diner was the Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK. The food, characters, and atmosphere are great. I liked it most because it's not a buffet style meal which a lot of the others tend to be.

We also visited Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, & Garden Grill. All were great fun.

This year we have PS for 1900 Park Fare, Ohana (breakfast), Akershus, Chef Mickey's, LTT, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:PlaceName w:st=
Crystal</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st=" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Crystal</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Palace</st1:placeName>, and The Coral Reef.<O:p></O:p>

NadieMasK2

We love Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. I think we will try 1900 Park fare next month because of the different characters.

Our tradition is to do breakfast instead of dinners. It saves money, and we find that going to Chef Mickey's bright and early and then over to MK at opening allows us to hit all the rides in the morning without stopping to eat until 1:00 or so, when the crowds get bad. We get a lot done early that way and it's great! We just don't head straight to Space Mountain first after stuffing our faces on mickey waffles and PB&J pizza LOL.

Raven66

Absolutely love Liberty Tree Tavern! The food was great, the characters spent a lot of time with the guests. One of the chipmunks noticed that I was doing all the picture taking, so he came over, took the camera from me and handed it to my husband and then both came by me and "made " him take the picture. My DD got a kick out of that.:lol:

Chef Mickey's is good as well. The food was tasty and every so often they do that napkin twirling thing. It's super noisy tho. Which for me, I like watching faces lighting up of all the kids esp. my own.

Cinderella's was good too. I think I was more excited then my DD. :lookaroun everyone was so nice and the food was good.

Princess breakfast in Norway was ok. The staff was nice, the service was good but we personally did not like the food.

joelleharbert

We've only done Donald's Breakfastauras (spelling?), Cinderella's Royal Table, and Mickey's Backyard BBQ. I enjoyed all of them, but for different reasons. We liked Donald's Breakfast because it's one of the few places you can get one-on-one with the main duck himself. The food was pretty good here, too, or so we thought. The only negative is that you have to go to AK to see him and if you're on limited amounts of time and AK doesn't fit into your plans, you don't really have another option (although I hear Donald is becoming a permanent fixture at Chef Mickey's). Cindy's Table is nice because of the setting and if you have any children that love Cinderella, this is the way to do it. You get the pics beforehand and then you still have the chance to see several of the other princesses while you eat. My only complaint is that I believe Cindy should put in one appearance every 1/2 hour at her own breakfast, but that's just my opinion. Food was just OK here, nothing horrible, nothing great. Mickey's Backyard BBQ was a blast, if you can get in. I thought the food was good, although my husband didn't agree. Lots of interaction with the characters and plenty of dancing and fun. I would say this one, of our three, was probably the most interactive and fun. We would like to try Chef Mickey's sometime, too, as we've heard good things about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom