in your opinion what is the best character meal?

We went to Cinderella's Royal Table for Lunch and it was fabulous. We loved it and so did the kids and the entire family! Great food, great fun, great service, like our server, David, who called us "My Lord and My Lady" which had us hysterical the entire meal. He was wonderful!! That was one of the highlights of our trip!:lol:

Hey all - just got back from the World and had to put my two cents in. We did 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella) for dinner, loved it. Akershaus (Mulan, Snow White, Aurora, JAsmine tableside with formal picture with Belle before being seated) for breakfast, very nice.

But the overall winner - Ohana Breakfast with Stitch and Friends. You get Mickey (awesome) & Pluto (all ages genders seem to love him!) and of course Lilo and Stitch. Stitch was a hoot, sweet with the kids but a total brat to the grown ups...wwe laughed so hard when he kept ignoring my "kid" sister (she's 27) who was begging for his attention. He finally gave in and had a pic done with her of course, but even as we were leaving he wiggled his hands by his ears in a "nah nah nah nah" gesture at her. All the characters lead the kids in a parade around the restaurant, the little ones (three girls, ages 4.5 - 5) had a blast. I would reccomend this one to families with kids of all ages.

sorceresssamara

My Two Cents

I would have to say choosing a character meal depends on two things,
A: what characters do you want to dine with

and
B: what kind of meal are you looking for?

While most of the character meals are buffets catering to a wide variety of food interests, others don't have that option, but rather a standdard meal. Definitely check the menu offerings at allears.net

You can also look to see what characters will be appearing. Whether it be princesses, Mickey Mouse, or The Pooh Crew.

My all time favorite character meals and restaurants are:

Chef Mickeys @ the Contemporary (Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie, and Goofy). The food is excellent and has many different varieties.

Crystal Palace in the MK (Winnie the Pooh and friends). While the menu has some different types of cuisine I have never been disappointed with a meal there.

Hope that helps.

5mins2disney

We've done Cinderella's Royal Table 2x, Crystal Palace 3x, Chef Mickey's 3x, Ohana (hated it, food was terrible), Polynesian Luau 2x (loved it), Hoop-De-Do Musical review (good fun!).... we really like the food at Cinderella (awesome prime rib!)..but it's a menu...the CP and CM are buffets and we thought the food was excellent in both places, and it's nice for the kids too, tons of kid friendly choices as well as adult. Ohana we thought the food was not so great...but they had given away our Luau tickets ! (tip: don't be late to the luau...or else!)... the luau had pretty decent food..the entertainment was the best though!

We have also recently eaten in Mexico Epcot (good), Rose & Crown in Epcot (bad food we thought), Germany (good), Italy for dinner (great!!). We also like Hollywood & Vine in MGM.

We typically eat breakfast at home in the morning to save money, and let the kids swim in the pool a little while we get ready. We then bring strollers / cooler with snacks to the park...it's enough to get everyone through the day...then we eat a big park character dinner, our big splurge for the day!!

On my website under http://www.5mins2disney.com/thingstodo.htm I have pictures from some of our recent character dinners and links to make reservations for the various ones we enjoyed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom