In-Room Celebrations....

star77kc

Does anybody know anything about the new In-Room celebrations? I called WDW to inquire about the Engagement celebration where they decorate your hotel room and leave gift baskets, etc. I was quoted $265! Does anyone think that this would be worth the money?

In Room Celebration includes:

Twinkling Candles (non-wax)
A Dozen Roses sprinkled with Pixie Dust
Chocolates
Spa Baskets
Bath Towels with our names embrodiered on them
Confetti
Personalized congratulations photo from Mickey and Minnie
Special Tinker Bell light that shows on ceiling when lights are turned off
Rose petals leading to the bed

**Champagne is extra

What do you guys think? Would a husband to-be even appreciate this? Or would I be wasting my money?

DougK

I would LOVE it if my wife did this for me!

If you are dragging him along on this trip you may want to skip it.

But if your DH is into the Disney magic stuff, go for it! :wave:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Does anybody know anything about the new In-Room celebrations? I called WDW to inquire about the Engagement celebration where they decorate your hotel room and leave gift baskets, etc. I was quoted $265! Does anyone think that this would be worth the money?

Chocolates
Spa Baskets
Confetti

**Champagne is extra

What do you guys think? Would a husband to-be even appreciate this? Or would I be wasting my money?

Are you actually getting engaged on the trip or is this a post engagement celebration?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But your answers are coming from women.....
and if I were looking to wow a woman, it then might be a good idea, but....

To be perfectly honest, I don't think this would have the same effect on a man. I would say purchasing a bottle of champagne and a little number from Victoria's Secret will do as much...if not more.
Exactley.

To the OP....Guys are simple creatures with very easy wants and desires. What you purpose to do is more what you want and less of what he wants. Get something racy from Victoria Secret or even better something a tad trashy from Fredrick's (you know his taste), order in a six pack of his favorite beer and his favorite meal and let it rock.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

Exactley.

To the OP....Guys are simple creatures with very easy wants and desires. What you purpose to do is more what you want and less of what he wants. Get something racy from Victoria Secret or even better something a tad trashy from Fredrick's (you know his taste), order in a six pack of his favorite beer and his favorite meal and let it rock.
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
I Heart this thread...:D

Upvote 0

RalphWiggum

I think that if I did this for my wife, it would mean MUCH more to her than if she did it for me.

Also, while romance is always appreciated, I think you have to consider how you feel after a day at the parks. We are always so exhausted that "romance" is usually the last thing on our mind. The usual end of the day ritual is to take a shower and wash the sweat off and fall asleep about 10 minutes after the shower ...

Now, if you stopped hitting the parks about 4PM, got cleaned up and went to a nice dinner at Narcoosees, and then headed back to the room where this romantic package awaited --- yeah, baby, that's what I'm talkin' about :slurp:

Upvote 0

wild01ride

Rose petals leading to the bed...
I'd say it would be worth my money...:lookaroun

I would say purchasing a bottle of champagne and a little number from Victoria's Secret will do as much...if not more.

I've gotta agree with that!

I would be happy with a six pack myself...

Heck, if you're buying it at a Resort Hotel, it'll cost about the same as a [cheap] bottle of champagne!

That would be one expensive cold shower.

And that would definitely ruin the Magic of that idea!

From a guy's perspective, if it involves my Princess, some bubbly, and some chocolate, count me in! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Gooch

seems like a little much, but that's just me. you can buy some of those things on your own, plus a few more things, for a fraction of the price and surprise your counterpart as opposed to having disney staff set things up for you for an arm and a leg. i think you decorating the room would alot more meaningful/special.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I think $265 is definately worth it for all of that!!! I cannot wait to one day celebrate my engagement at WDW, so my fiance can set that up for us!!!! :D

Sounds wonderful!!!

Upvote 0

Gig 'Em Mickey

OK, haven't read the whole thread, but I'll be captain obvious here for a minute. I take it you are a female asking a dude. I also see you state that rose petals lead to the bed. Assuming the bed is the end of the trail, I'd assume the dude would be happy with whatever got him to his ultimate destination.

Other than that it sounds great. Unless he says no....

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

Chocolates
Spa Baskets
Confetti

**Champagne is extra

You won't be wasting your money...trust me!!!

I arranged something along these lines in our room at the Grand Floridian on our Wedding night to surprise my Husband. Our room was decked out with champange, chocolate covered strawberries and roses leading to the bed.

My Husband totally appreciated this gesture and still hasn't forgotten that I did this, even 7 yrs later! Why not make it special? You can give him a six pack any old time!
Enjoy being together in WDW, celebrate your engagement and be a Princess for the night! :king:

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

Chocolates
Spa Baskets
Confetti

**Champagne is extra

I can tell that you would appreciate it so why not leave the info somewhere that he will find it, or mention it offhand or something so that he can feel like he is the one doing something sweet for you. A lot of times men seem to enjoy the romance more when they can claim they are enjoying it for their lady!

Just a little example- my husband likes chick flicks but he will only watch them to be sweet to me. Just a guy thing I suppose!

Upvote 0

star77kc

Original Poster
Actually this would be a POST engagement thing....Im not asking HIM to marry ME. We will however be engaged by Dec 12th (our trip date). I just wanted to do something special for him for our engagement, since ILL be the one who gets the ring....I think he deserves something too!!! :0)

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

Actually this would be a POST engagement thing....Im not asking HIM to marry ME. We will however be engaged by Dec 12th (our trip date). I just wanted to do something special for him for our engagement, since ILL be the one who gets the ring....I think he deserves something too!!! :0)

I still think you should do it! :)

Upvote 0

Teenchy

You may want to check with www.giftsofalifetime.com as well and see what they can do for you and their prices. They are not cheap but I have used them for several special things. including decorating our room on our wedding night. (You can read details of that in wedding link in my signature)

Whoever you use it will be well worth it. Congrats!

Upvote 0

star77kc

Original Poster
Thanks for all the input!! I have another question though...

If I could only pick one out of these two options what should it be?

**Get the In-Room engagement celebration
**Add one extra day to our trip where we can play mini-golf, and visit Citywalk...maybe go dancing, have dinner, etc..?

Which should I use the extra money for?

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

Well, if it meant that you could have an extra day in WDW, then I would choose that! You could always put a romantic evening together on your own while your there to celebrate being engaged! Good luck...:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom