In regards to the tri-state 14 day quarantine

Cinderella_1987

Just jumping on here with the latest news update I just read...the mandatory two week quarantine for tri-state area residents has been extended until 9/5...if anyone is still planning on going down to Disney World before then.

RememberWhen

Just jumping on here with the latest news update I just read...the mandatory two week quarantine for tri-state area residents has been extended until 9/5...if anyone is still planning on going down to Disney World before then.
Thanks for the update! I can’t find that anywhere. Can you post a link? We live in MA, but fly out of CT. The cases here have gone way down, so if it’s been extended that feels political, rather than medically reasonable. Our trip Isn’t until December, but it’s something to keep an eye on.

Cinderella_1987

I found the article through another Disney Blog site through their Instagram stories. When I clicked on the link it brought me straight to the Executive Order that was signed into effect today. I’ll look out for a link to post with the information. The article said that the restriction was signed into effect for another 60 days, which brings us to September. It definitely sounds like it could be political. Here in NY, we have been doing what we are supposed to be doing and our numbers are good. I am, however, hoping it stays that way with us just moving into phase three yesterday. I say this as someone who lives in one of the five boroughs, so my experience with the lockdown and all it’s restrictions was much different, as opposed to other parts of the state.

StoneCutter589

I’ve heard the state of emergency has been extended...finding it difficult to determine if this includes the tri-state travel quarantine.

TCarbone

What will be interesting to see... if we get any first-hand reports... is if Disney enforces this. Will they turn away anyone with a resort reservation and and ID from the tri-state area? Will a reservation holder be notified in advance?

StoneCutter589

What will be interesting to see... if we get any first-hand reports... is if Disney enforces this. Will they turn away anyone with a resort reservation and and ID from the tri-state area? Will a reservation holder be notified in advance?
Very true. But how would they know if a person didn’t quarantine prior to the start of their stay?
Would they stop people from getting on the Magical Express is the more pressing question.

mf1972

i might be wrong or misinformed, but isn’t there an exception for health care workers? only asking because my wife & i both work in a hospital

EmmieSue

i might be wrong or misinformed, but isn’t there an exception for health care workers? only asking because my wife & i both work in a hospital

The exception is only if you are going to do work down in Florida from one of those states, not if you work in healthcare and are going on vacation.

sfbntpc

I found the article through another Disney Blog site through their Instagram stories. When I clicked on the link it brought me straight to the Executive Order that was signed into effect today. I’ll look out for a link to post with the information. The article said that the restriction was signed into effect for another 60 days, which brings us to September. It definitely sounds like it could be political. Here in NY, we have been doing what we are supposed to be doing and our numbers are good. I am, however, hoping it stays that way with us just moving into phase three yesterday. I say this as someone who lives in one of the five boroughs, so my experience with the lockdown and all it’s restrictions was much different, as opposed to other parts of the state.
Same here in Virginia. We moved into phase 3 last week and overall people are following rules even on the beaches. Everyone seemed to be spaced 6ft apart. I still don’t know how they can track/verify if someone has stayed in for 14 days🤔

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

We got our welcome email from the general manager of BLT yesterday for our upcoming trip and we're from NY. We plan on going.
So, the quandary... WDW absolutely wants you. But you have to GET there :(. Highway, or Airport :(. So what is the State of FL doing?
Time for many of us to sneak onto freight trains again? :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom