In regards to the tri-state 14 day quarantine

cynic710

Original Poster
The tri-state quarantine:

I plan on going back to the world November 2020, I just came to understand that there is a required 14 day quarantine for entering florida from the tri-state area. I am wondering if anyone heard when this quarantine will be lifted?

RememberWhen

We have a trip in December. I’m certainly hoping this is lifted long before then. We actually live in MA but fly out of CT. It’s not clear, but I guess we would qualify as people “traveling to FL from NY, NJ or CT.”

JIMINYCR

I find it sort of ridiculous that a large portion of FL incoming guests get a pass and others will be stopped. Re: The checkpoints do not apply to persons involved in commercial activity or to students traveling for the purpose of academic work, internships, sports training or any other activity or program approved by the educational institution.
So they arent worried about transmission of covid from these individuals who get a free pass because ????
Guess you could always borrow a friend or relatives vehicle with plates from an "approved" state. Wonder what kind of backup these checkpoints will cause on the highway???

3BratsToDisney

Are the checkpoints on 95 still being enforced? What about those that fly from these areas? I keep hearing mixed reports on how it's enforced. But the one constant I keep reading is the order expires July 6/7th? It is unfair for those of us who don't even live near the highly infected areas in NY/NJ/CT, they are big states. We don't even live in an area that was hit hard and have much less #s then even Florida.🤣

Not Disney related but I'm also curious if anyone from these areas have a trip booked at Universal and were able to go ahead anyway.

disneygeek90

I find it sort of ridiculous that a large portion of FL incoming guests get a pass and others will be stopped. Re: The checkpoints do not apply to persons involved in commercial activity or to students traveling for the purpose of academic work, internships, sports training or any other activity or program approved by the educational institution.
So they arent worried about transmission of covid from these individuals who get a free pass because ????
Guess you could always borrow a friend or relatives vehicle with plates from an "approved" state. Wonder what kind of backup these checkpoints will cause on the highway???
It's another version of "essential" vs non essential. Grocery stores have been open throughout all this, as they are essential, but that doesn't mean they didn't have a possibility of being exposed. It's just about what is worth the risk.

cynic710

Original Poster
Yes I heard the July 7th extension too, hoping thats when it ends. we intend to fly in for what its worth as well.

crawale

The tri-state quarantine:

I plan on going back to the world November 2020, I just came to understand that there is a required 14 day quarantine for entering florida from the tri-state area. I am wondering if anyone heard when this quarantine will be lifted?

I live in Pensacola Florida. My son lives in New Orleans. Cars were stopped on I10 and anyone with LA plates had to fill out a form to say where they would be for the next 14 days for quarantine. However there was no checking as to whether people who said they would quarantine actually did so. While I am sure any restrictions will be off by November, this does seem different if you were flying in to Orlando from say New York. Would you give Disney World as your quarantine address? Might be a problem. During these traffic stops there was nothing on I75 which connects to Georgia but you could obviously have driven from New York via Georgia and I75 and missed being stopped at all.

Parker in NYC

I agree with you entirely. Cases are everywhere. NYC is reopening which means the tristate area will again be flooding into the city for work, etc. They're saying we could go into Phase 2 in two weeks. Businesses in Florida simply can't afford to have this 14-day quarantine. For that matter, businesses that have offices in Florida.

I don't want all of this reopening yet but if the ball is rolling, they may as well throw guidelines like this out the window because no one's enforcing them anyway. Nor are they enforcing masks or social distancing. Open it all, I say. Just open it all at this point.

cynic710

Original Poster
I agree with you entirely. Cases are everywhere. NYC is reopening which means the tristate area will again be flooding into the city for work, etc. They're saying we could go into Phase 2 in two weeks. Businesses in Florida simply can't afford to have this 14-day quarantine. For that matter, businesses that have offices in Florida.

I don't want all of this reopening yet but if the ball is rolling, they may as well throw guidelines like this out the window because no one's enforcing them anyway. Nor are they enforcing masks or social distancing. Open it all, I say. Just open it all at this point.

I can tell you as of today CT has around 290 people currently in the hospital, we average under 100 positives a day to about 5000 tests daily and shrinking by the day. the tri-state is looking good but has a long way to go as it was one of the hardest hit. we will be in our phase 2 in exactly 1 week. i agree with you as well, at this point if its all opening educate as best as you can for public outings and lets go!

tpoly88

There has not been much info on the ban and i have emailed the Lt Gov and other officials and all they do is send me that site to visit with no answer on when the bad will be lifted. i know our friends son who came back from Ny on Jet Blue and they gave him what looked like and immigration form to fill out and hand to the TSA officer in tampa of where he was staying and contact info but no one called him or checked. lets hope this lifted soon.

JIMINYCR

It's another version of "essential" vs non essential. Grocery stores have been open throughout all this, as they are essential, but that doesn't mean they didn't have a possibility of being exposed. It's just about what is worth the risk.
Sure I get it, its essential vs non essential, but theres lunacy in determining why which is which... for ex. liquor stores were deemed all along as essential ??? I can totally understand having truck drivers who resupply stores get a pass. But students are exempt???
Now we see masks are required to enter stores, signs are required at store entrances forbidding entry of non mask wearing shoppers, but as I shop no ones enforcing the ban. Millions of protesters gathering shoulder to shoulder, many non masked, shouting, which spreads virus particles throough the air... but theres no concern. Absolute lunacy.

graphite1326

We have a trip in December. I’m certainly hoping this is lifted long before then. We actually live in MA but fly out of CT. It’s not clear, but I guess we would qualify as people “traveling to FL from NY, NJ or CT.”
I am kinda in the same situation. I live in PA but would fly out of upstate NY.

Monica Horn

Since I live in NJ and have a mid-Sept trip planned, I've been following this Tri-State Area travel restriction news. THIS popped on to my "radar" this afternoon:
Unfortunately, it appears the Governor of FL extended the restriction with Executive Order 20-139. Since no time period is given or date when this will expire, it's being spoken of as extended "indefinitely" (ie: until the Governor says it's dropped)

Nottamus

Since I live in NJ and have a mid-Sept trip planned, I've been following this Tri-State Area travel restriction news. THIS popped on to my "radar" this afternoon:
Unfortunately, it appears the Governor of FL extended the restriction with Executive Order 20-139. Since no time period is given or date when this will expire, it's being spoken of as extended "indefinitely" (ie: until the Governor says it's dropped)

I read this yesterday as well. We HAD a November trip planned this year for 2 weeks, but cancelled basically out of caution, and spending 2 weeks at Disney with only some experiences active didn’t seem right.
So now we have an April 2021 week booked, and are hoping it’s all cleared up by then! We drive in from NJ...

and we are way down South Jersey where the numbers are nothing compared to the north part of the state for total cases.....but NJ nonetheless

Monica Horn

I read this yesterday as well. We HAD a November trip planned this year for 2 weeks, but cancelled basically out of caution, and spending 2 weeks at Disney with only some experiences active didn’t seem right.
So now we have an April 2021 week booked, and are hoping it’s all cleared up by then! We drive in from NJ...

and we are way down South Jersey where the numbers are nothing compared to the north part of the state for total cases.....but NJ nonetheless
We are in South Jersey as well. In the hieght of this, I compared the cases per capita in our county to other counties in other states and we were about on average with the national average, so not part of the "hot spot". But, we are lumped in just because we are in NJ. Our Sept trip is booked with non-refundable DVC rental points. The broker said he can "try" to help us reschedule but nothing is guaranteed.

I feel that this is a political move to assist the theme parks in clearing parties from the Tri-State area off of the existing reservations for the remainder of 2020. If the Gov was basing his extended ban on keeping Covid out of FL, then he would have shifted his ban to states who currently carry the most risk: those with the rising rates of new cases. The Tri-State area has the best looking stats in all of the country bc we started earlier and were under more strict measures for longer. NJ was under stay at home orders, etc since March 21st and our new cases have been dropping since April 16th. Why restrict us? We've been doing a good job here!!
The NY Times has a good site with the national stats on a page "Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom