In regards to the tri-state 14 day quarantine

Monica Horn

I have flown from Atlantic City to Orlando and Atlantic city to Fort Lauderdale 4 times over the last 2 months- it was just a brief form that you filled out. No temperature check or anything, just dropped the form in a box when leaving airplane.
Answers on form....
Name: Donald Duck
Place of residence: MathMagicLand
:p

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I feel for y'all, but Disney sites on their website, that if you're from one of the listed areas, you shouldn't be on Disney property. So when you check-in and they ask for ID ....

nickys

Premium Member
I feel for y'all, but Disney sites on their website, that if you're from one of the listed areas, you shouldn't be on Disney property. So when you check-in and they ask for ID ....
Since they’re encouraging online check-in and using old bands or your phone to enter the room, it would be at that point they’d have to check a home address.

Monica Horn

Found this when googling what an Executive Order actually *is*
"An executive order may be a general policy statement made by the Governor. The order does not have the force and effect of law. The purpose of such an order is to persuade or encourage persons, both within and without government, to accomplish the Governor's policy set out in the order. "
I don't have any background in the legal field but I'd be interested in knowing (from someone who does) exactly how enforceable this EO actually is.

robhedin

"An executive order may be a general policy statement made by the Governor. The order does not have the force and effect of law. The purpose of such an order is to persuade or encourage persons, both within and without government, to accomplish the Governor's policy set out in the order. "
I don't have any background in the legal field but I'd be interested in knowing (from someone who does) exactly how enforceable this EO actually is.
Executive Orders are weird.

Generally speaking though (although hopefully a constitutional lawyer can provide a better answer), the Governor of the State (much like the President of the United States) is the Head Executive. He has the authority to issue orders as the Head of State based on his roles as defined by the Constitution and/or Statute.

If you read an Executive Order, they list the Authority to issue the Order.

So generally speaking they would be lawful and would be enforced as such (that starts to break down the more onerous the Order is; for example if it would have the net effect of levying or removing a tax).

Regardless, Executive Orders are generally subject to the state's Legislative Body and can be overturned by a Court. In fact, in many cases (at least here in Georgia with regard to CV orders), the General Assembly concurred with the Order(s) by joint resolution.

So, are Executive Orders Law? No. Do they have similar powers to Laws, in many cases yes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I find it sort of ridiculous that a large portion of FL incoming guests get a pass and others will be stopped. Re: The checkpoints do not apply to persons involved in commercial activity or to students traveling for the purpose of academic work, internships, sports training or any other activity or program approved by the educational institution.
So they arent worried about transmission of covid from these individuals who get a free pass because ????
Guess you could always borrow a friend or relatives vehicle with plates from an "approved" state. Wonder what kind of backup these checkpoints will cause on the highway???
I agree with you entirely. Cases are everywhere. NYC is reopening which means the tristate area will again be flooding into the city for work, etc. They're saying we could go into Phase 2 in two weeks. Businesses in Florida simply can't afford to have this 14-day quarantine. For that matter, businesses that have offices in Florida.

I don't want all of this reopening yet but if the ball is rolling, they may as well throw guidelines like this out the window because no one's enforcing them anyway. Nor are they enforcing masks or social distancing. Open it all, I say. Just open it all at this point.
It was ridiculous from the jump...not that I don’t support the efforts...I just knew they’d never be enforced.

And at last glance...ny, nj, ct have done a pretty good job of taking care of it. Florida is in “nothing to see here” mode.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Unfortunately, look what's going on in Asbury Park...Restaurants said they were defying Murphy's order and reopening with indoor seating and a judge blocked it...we have a planned trip in December...hope it's still on...non refundable Spirit tickets also out of AC. Fingers crossed!!

wannabeBelle

Not enforceable at all, honestly. How would Disney have known if I didnt come down two weeks or so earlier, Quarantined as required at a home with family or friends, then came by? I'm not encouraging anyone to try to get around this but it is tricky for sure. Marie

Monica Horn

This morning on the Today Show. People from all these red states (soaring cases) can travel unrestricted into FL. Travelers from the green states (Today Show correspondent refered to NJ & NY as "headed in the right direction") have quarantine restrictions against them EXTENDED. How does this make sense? Aren't decisions like this supposed to be data-driven?

Attachments

• IMG_20200616_081008287.jpg
    IMG_20200616_081008287.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20200616_081003269.jpg
    IMG_20200616_081003269.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 159

OneofThree

Aren't decisions like this supposed to be data-driven?

"Data"? 🤣 Let me show you how we data here in Florida these days:

"Now a private citizen, Jones continues to take issue with the way the state is calculating its coronavirus positivity rate. The official Florida site says there are more than 1.3 million "total people tested" in Florida, of which about 73,500 were positive, resulting in an "overall percent positive" rate of 5.4%.

But Jones says that figure is misleading.

"I actually wrote the script to create that data, so I know exactly what it looks like," she says, adding that she's audited it and checked it with several other statisticians to make sure it's correct.

She says that on the state's dashboard, any person who tests positive will be counted as a positive test only once, no matter how many times they test positive. But a person who tests negative will be counted over and over again each time they test negative for the coronavirus.

Jones says that because many residents, such as health care workers, require repeated testing, the state's dashboard is artificially deflating the true positivity rate.

"They're adding their total test figures instead of their total people, which makes their percent positive extremely low," she says."

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/14/8765...t-launches-a-coronavirus-dashboard-of-her-own

Jimdalva

I have spoked with several travelers from NY. By car, there was a check point at the FL line. All cars were questioned and Tri State car plates (NY, NJ, Conn) were directed to pull over for more questions. By air , they had to fill out a form upon landing. In both cases they said it was quick and painless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom