News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

castlecake2.0

I have often wondered if the reason they don’t use scanners is because you then become separated from your bag for a period of time? The current system, you are always with your bag, no waiting at the other end of a belt for yours to come.

janiak1285

I was actually referring to the news that TSA May end scanning at regional airports.

It’s been 15 years...Americans get bored with things and the “job creators” always complaint about the manadatory things that Create jobs. It was only a matter of time.

I think metal detectors and mickey cops with flashlights are totally pointless except for the most effective enforcement tactic: visual deterrence. Less likely to try if it looks like you’re gonna get caught.

But since people can 3D print functioning weapons from plastic...what Disney does is completely obsolete except for piece of mind.

TSA announced they will not drop checks at smaller airports. The idea was the checks would have occurred at the larger airports they connected too but this would have caused a logistics nightmare. Because those passengers would have needed to be separated when they came off and routed through security from the gate. Airports would have needed to spend million to reconfigure to allow this.

EricsBiscuit

Maybe they can repainted he trams. Some are good but most look like this
IMG_5934.JPG
IMG_5935.JPG

build_it

Any chance they are going to redo the EPCOT bus area to match what they are doing at the Studios. They could eliminate the pedestrian cross walk areas and make it more consistent with the other parks. Improved safety would be a good thing. It looks like there is plenty of space available. Depending on the rumored hotel location, they could build the new bus area, then remove the old one for hotel space. Or, if they move away from the hotel idea, just reuse the space available in the current location with a good reconfiguration.

Next Big Thing

I have often wondered if the reason they don’t use scanners is because you then become separated from your bag for a period of time? The current system, you are always with your bag, no waiting at the other end of a belt for yours to come.
They use scanners at Universal and the process is flawless. Not even joking, the process takes about 10 second total from bag in to grabbing your bag on the other end. And it's a constantly moving thing, too. The fact that Disney still doesn't have scanners is ridiculous imo.

PorterRedkey

Or you could get some good exercise. Walking is not bad for you.
I used to love to walk. Now I have a bad back, so any help is appreciated. I am trying to stay out of an EMV as long as possible. Maybe back surgery will help, my epidural to "block the pain" during my trip to Europe didn't work. :(

To be honest, I just brought it up because A) They are moving them farther away from the current drop-off, and B) I was kind of referencing the moving sidewalks that Disneyland had included and then removed from the originally planned parking/transportation overhaul.

I don't think they are realistic, but at least bag check will be covered.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
Alrighty then. What I’VE got from all this is that
1. Permanent security structures are expensive and quickly useless
2. Temporary security structures are ugly but do the job
3. Disney security is about as effective and efficient as the TSA
4. Like Europe, Universal is better at security
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY: the character/animal topiaries need to return to WDW in large numbers.
Did I miss anything important?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom