News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

huwar18

Are all 4 parks going to move away from baggage/metal detector checks away from the front of the parks? I would assume that guest staying at the Skyline resorts will get checked before getting on like the monorail loops.

CLEtoWDW

Sort of on this topic... who else gets annoyed when people don’t use all the “scanners” as they go to scan their magic band or card? I give the CM’s credit because they kept saying “please use all available bays”... people don’t listen. 😡

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Sort of on this topic... who else gets annoyed when people don’t use all the “scanners” as they go to scan their magic band or card? I give the CM’s credit because they kept saying “please use all available bays”... people don’t listen. 😡

It's definitely annoying, and the layout of these scanners don't help. You have to basically leap-frog the guest in front of you if the back scanner is available, and they have to leap-frog you when they finally figure out how to use it. It gets even messier when you throw strollers and ECV's into the mix.

jaklgreen

All of the cast members try to get people to use them except ONE jerk at AK. I was behind a guy that was using the back tap point and so while he was using it I did what all of the cast members say to do and went to the front one to use it. Well this cranky cast member started yelling at me like I was trying to skip the line. I told him that I am an AP holder/DVC member and have been coming to the parks for over 20 years and that I was only doing what every other entrance cast member tells people to do. His self importance deflated after that. I went on my way because I usually let these things go. But I wonder if I should have said something to a supervisor so that he does not do that to someone who may not know and make them feel like they did something wrong.

brb1006

Also when I first read the title, for a split second I thought it meant they might finally update the designs for the entrance to Magic Kingdom and TTC.

disneyparks_ttcmonorail.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

11_TransportationTicketCenter_preview-620x330.jpg

0906_fea_ocr-l-wdwresorts-166.jpg

Would had been a nice idea to bring back the topiares
WDW-11-74-01.jpg

peppep837781.jpg

Guess that's too expensive for that to happen. But it would had been the perfect time for that to happen since WDW is getting closer to it's 50th anniversary.

Last edited:

Kman101

(sarcasm=on) Oh, I thought they were going to take your wallet when you enter, to make the monetary extraction process more efficient. (sarcasm=off) ;)

I like the covered bag checks, that's a long overdue addition in my book. I don't really care about covered walkways, because it's Orlando and you're going to be in the sun for hours and hours anyway, what's an extra 1-2 minutes? That being said, if we drive to a park, we routinely walk instead of taking the trams, as it's typically faster to walk anyway.

You will take the covered walkways and you will LIKE IT! ;)

Kman101

Also when I first read the title, for a split second I thought it meant they might finally update the designs for the entrance to Magic Kingdom and TTC.

disneyparks_ttcmonorail.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

11_TransportationTicketCenter_preview-620x330.jpg

0906_fea_ocr-l-wdwresorts-166.jpg

Would had been a nice idea to bring back the topiares
WDW-11-74-01.jpg

peppep837781.jpg

Guess that's to expensive for that to happen. But it would had been perfect time for that to happening since WDW is getting closer to it's 50th anniversary.

We could only be so lucky to have an upgrade there. Visually it looks like the 90s threw up there. I'd love a change, but I guess that falls under "wants".

I doubt they see it as a "need" but improvements to the entrances of the parks is a very good start.

Kman101

I’m actually surprised they haven’t investigated eliminating the bag checks yet...things like that seem to be gaining momentum on other fronts

Suggesting scanners or just no checking? I'd prefer a scanner. Most people who travel are used to them already. It's a lot less invasive feeling than someone going through your bag and in some cases wallets, etc. That kind of searching could start someone's day off in a bad way. I'd think they'd want to eliminate the theater, that would be improving the guests entrance process.

There's a better way they can do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom