News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Anyone know if the improvements tonthe security hut on the walkway between Contemporary and MK yet?

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
There was a less than normal amount of trams bringing people to the entrance of Epcot this morning, so cast members were helping out with golf carts. That was a fun new Disney vehicle experience. 🙂

We normally walk, but my wife had just run the Star Wars half, so this was helpful.

I really like the covered moving sidewalks at Disneyland Paris that bring you from the parking to the entrance. That would be so nice to have here. No waiting in the sun or rain to cram your big stroller on a tram. Just stand on a moving sidewalk listening to Disney music. Have they ever considered that here?

E7A92133-E609-4940-8404-B4DC51B7A992.jpeg

36371DC1-565E-44EB-B4C4-640E888D0256.jpeg

Last edited:

rudyjr13

Anyone know if the improvements tonthe security hut on the walkway between Contemporary and MK yet?

I’m not sure exactly what you are asking but I was at BLT a week and a half ago and there were always 2 guards on the walkway to MK. They checked our bags and put us through the metal detectors. It was a pleasant, easy experience.

peter11435

I’m not sure exactly what you are asking but I was at BLT a week and a half ago and there were always 2 guards on the walkway to MK. They checked our bags and put us through the metal detectors. It was a pleasant, easy experience.
I think he was asking about the improvements that will be coming to the checkpoint.

Gabe1

As below. Is the new one up? It was a construction sight when I was there lateJanuary early February

I think he was asking about the improvements that will be coming to the checkpoint.

Yes exactly. Thank you.

rudyjr13

As below. Is the new one up? It was a construction sight when I was there lateJanuary early February

Yes exactly. Thank you.

I don’t know what it looked like before but it did not seem like a construction site to me a couple weeks ago. Pretty simple setup with a table and metal detector under a tent.

Gabe1

The construction for this project has not began yet. Whatever site you saw would have been for some other project.

Yes part of it is upgrading CM parking for the cast stationed in that are including security and I believe bus staging management

Magic Feather

Work on the TTC has begun. Currently working on tram tunnel. Tram drop off moved into Preffered Parking Area. Similar to Studios. Depicted below, Tram Load/Unload are in the blue squares, with the red section fenced off for construction.

Attachments

• 8B18C3C4-2CD9-4604-865B-EC82CA04A9CF.jpeg
    8B18C3C4-2CD9-4604-865B-EC82CA04A9CF.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 372

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Any chance of a walkway from the monorail - that goes past the security checkpoint? I’d appreciate only being searched once if I’m taking the monorail transfer from a monorail resort to EPCOT or from EPCOT to the MK.

Rob562

Any chance of a walkway from the monorail - that goes past the security checkpoint? I’d appreciate only being searched once if I’m taking the monorail transfer from a monorail resort to EPCOT or from EPCOT to the MK.

I've heard that is one of the features of the finished project. We just have to grin and bear it through the construction.

-Rob

jaklgreen

I was talking more about if there will be a temporary entrance to the left or right of the permanent one

Oh, I don't think that they plan on doing that. Nothing that I have seen has indicated it. It would be too much of a hassle the just temporarily move all of the electronics that it takes. They might utilize the ones further down since they do go almost all the way down on both sides. But I can't see anything being moved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom