News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

GlacierGlacier

With the beginning of tram construction at epcot and the TTC, and the continued progress of DHSs tram construction, the only park with fully functional lot trams right now is AK - and those are expected to undergo construction shortly, too, right?

Unbanshee

Creathir

It’s funny to me the amount of work they are doing on the trams right now.

It seems like they just got finished (1-2 years ago tops) with pushing the tram pickup/dropoff area out so they could move bag check to the TTC.

Are there plans to redo this area again? Create covered tram waiting areas?

I know the BM linked article mentions some of this, but doesn’t go into much detail.

peter11435

It’s funny to me the amount of work they are doing on the trams right now.

It seems like they just got finished (1-2 years ago tops) with pushing the tram pickup/dropoff area out so they could move bag check to the TTC.

Are there plans to redo this area again? Create covered tram waiting areas?

I know the BM linked article mentions some of this, but doesn’t go into much detail.
The prior work to push the trams out at TTC was always just temporary to test the concept and execute the new security procedures. It was always intended to be followed by a larger project to solidify the experience. Which is what we are seeing now.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It looks like barricades, planters and new temporary signs were installed yesterday at the TTC. I saw pictures on-line, and didn't post them since they weren't taken by me.

I'll be visiting in about 10 days and will post then.

JoeCamel

It looks like barricades, planters and new temporary signs were installed yesterday at the TTC. I saw pictures on-line, and didn't post them since they weren't taken by me.

I'll be visiting in about 10 days and will post then.
Post them with credit, wouldn't you want yours to be shared?

brb1006

Any idea if the improvements at the TTC of the tram stop and the ferry dock means an update of the overall aesthetics or theme of the area? I know it is a common complaint of how dated that area is and how the 90's color scheme has not aged well. Seems like a good time to modernize the look and feel of this area.
If Disneyland is able to update their entrance signs every couple or years.
disneylandsign_hotel1960rr.jpg

disneylandsign_msep1996cb.jpg

Then I think it's time for the TTC aesthetic and theme to finally get a makeover. The colors for the TTC is starting to slowly fad in the sunlight and needs something special before 2021. Disneyland Paris just recently announced a Parking Lot remodel.
D3-Xn7rX4AEWiN7.jpg

GlacierGlacier

The TTC is quite interesting to look at, because you can quite clearly see the old, classic buildings with the silver and white construction, iconic contemporary style, and then layered on top of that is the purple, green, and yellow stuff, quite clearly separately applied. It looks tacky and cheap and has for a long time.

Hopefully this addresses some of that.

mm121

With the beginning of tram construction at epcot and the TTC, and the continued progress of DHSs tram construction, the only park with fully functional lot trams right now is AK - and those are expected to undergo construction shortly, too, right?
What's being done with the tram at epcot? Haven't heard much about that.

TrainsOfDisney

My guess is there will be 2 permanent security checks, one for guests coming from the busses, and one for guests coming from the trams / parking lot. This would put the monorail entrance and exit within the security zone.

I’m hoping Disney really fixes the security process with all of this. They need to have permanent structures providing shade/ shelter for guests waiting, and they need to make the experience as smooth and seamless as possible. What I really want is a list of written procedures posted, as right now the rules seem to change based on which park and who’s working.

mm121

My guess is there will be 2 permanent security checks, one for guests coming from the busses, and one for guests coming from the trams / parking lot. This would put the monorail entrance and exit within the security zone.

I’m hoping Disney really fixes the security process with all of this. They need to have permanent structures providing shade/ shelter for guests waiting, and they need to make the experience as smooth and seamless as possible. What I really want is a list of written procedures posted, as right now the rules seem to change based on which park and who’s working.
Thought they had already started building a second ramp down from the platform into the secure zone.

This idea seems more logical though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom