Impressions de France

DougK

Are you kidding me?

YES this is a favorite of mine!

It's a perfect EPCOT Center World showcase attraction!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I love the score of Impressions de France. The visuals are nice as well, and I always see it. Often twice -- once to wach, and once to zone and catnap. Particularly when it's 90 degrees and humid outside.

I like O Canada and Reflections of China better overall, however.

Computer Magic

A favorite of mine too, on a number of levels.
Film is beautiful, but I can be just as happy closing my eyes and enjoying the music....Saint Saens, Debussey...a little Ravel. I especially love the excerpts from The Aquarium. Then there are the French hosts, many are quite entertaining...suggesting it's perfectly OK for a French kiss during the movie. *except of course when I'm there by myself...:(*

Then of course you leave and head right over for a French pastry...:slurp:
QUit the foreplay and head over to the French pastry :slurp::lookaroun

Blackie Pueblo

I have only seen this a few times which is surprising with how often my wife and I go. I do remember liking it but wow, it's been a long time since I've seen it. I'm gonna have to put it on my to do list on my next visit.

Oh, BTW, count me as one who loves the music!

"I get red, white, and blue at times."
---Walter Elias Disney

Vernonpush

Easily my favorite thing in World Showcase (especially now that O' Canada has changed). Fantastic music, narration, and visuals. One of the most underrated attractions in all of WDW.

Maybe they should change it with Jerry Lewis (since the French love him so) as the narrator, then I might go see the "lesser obnoxious" Martin Short's "O'Canada" again! :ROFLOL:

Foolish Mortal

I always catch this at least twice. It's worth it for the music alone. If you really wanna see things that you've never seen beofre, sit up top to either the far left or far right, then pay a lot of attention to the screen next to you. :eek: Nothing spectacular, just thing's I never notice'd before.

This must be one thing most agree on, Disney has not changed it in 25 plus years, and I hope they never do. My DW and I would for sure protest unless they could out do themselves. I doubt that that would be possible. I have seen this over 100 times for sure and could see it 100 more and not be bored. I can admit to resting my eyes at night for a bit but I still hear the music the whole time.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

In about 12 years of going to WDW and Epcot my family and I had never seen the movie, yet, this summer we were strolling around World Showcase and decided to stop at France and see it...I enjoyed the show and especially liked the music to which the show was set. At one point in the show I leaned over to my brother and said, "Isn't that the music from Ocean's Eleven when they are standing around the fountain??" So now whenever I refer to Impressions de France I always think of the "Ocean's Eleven" music.

CThaddeus

One of Disney's best. All of the World Showcase attraction films are beautiful, but this one is just a litle more impressive somehow. I'm sure the opulent-looking theater helps, too.
I'll never understand those who go to attractions just to sleep. I'm hoping they're kidding, of course, but you just never know. For me, a trip to Disney World is go, go, go...and my adrenaline is so high I couldn't possibly fall asleep on an attraction.

hpyhnt 1000

Ah this is a favorite for me as well. Always pay a vist to the cinema in Paris when I'm at Epcot. :)

Still, I wouldn't say not to an update, especially if only the scenes were updated. The soundtrack is gorgeous and should never be touched. Update the film, not the score!

EPCOT Explorer

Ah this is a favorite for me as well. Always pay a vist to the cinema in Paris when I'm at Epcot. :)

Still, I wouldn't say not to an update, especially if only the scenes were updated. The soundtrack is gorgeous and should never be touched. Update the film, not the score!

Sounds more like a SSE complaint.:lol:

MAGICFLOP

If you see me in there, then that would truly be something new :ROFLOL:

Impressions de France is a must-see for me on every single trip to the World. No matter how many times I stop by, I find things never before seen on the footage to love and enjoy. Also, Saint Saens 'Carnival of the Animals' gives me chills everytime I hear it.

Any other fans of this World Showcase original treasure?

:wave:

m star

At one point in the show I leaned over to my brother and said, "Isn't that the music from Ocean's Eleven when they are standing around the fountain??" So now whenever I refer to Impressions de France I always think of the "Ocean's Eleven" music.

Yeah, well when I saw Ocean's Eleven, I was like "Isn't this the music from Impressions de France?"

Despite the fact that it is not a 360 movie, it is still the best film in World Showcase.

Animaniac93-98

Agreed with post above.

It's the one thing at EPCOT Center, that has never changed over 25 years later, I think that is a real representation of how good this film is (that or Disney is too lazy to update it, but they did the other two films so maybe not).

But since it is 26 years old, how dated is it out of curiosity (still good regardless of date)? Is it to French people what O Canada was to Canadians before?

Duckberg

Epcots MOST Relaxing Film

If you need a pause @ Epcot to relax or
retool, this IS the film to see! The hostest
is charming, the theatre is comfortable, the
film always impresses ENJOY! :D

Duckberg :wave:

dxwwf3

As far as the music goes, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button teaser trailer uses music from the film. And whenever I saw that teaser the first words out of my mouth were "Impressions de France".

BSikor

Can`t miss it. Along with Reflections of China (still half-1982s Wonders) and The Spirit of Norway. Once the latter is re-edited though Impressions will stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm okay with that. They should never do anything to my beloved Impressions de France.

ttalovebug

I loooooove Impressions de France, especially because, as previously stated, of the music. "The Aquarium" from "Carnival of the Animals" always makes people ooh and ahh, what a timeless and beautiful piece of music! One of my favorite parts is when they show the people skiing to Satie's "Gymnopedie No. 1", one of my favorite songs ever.

Pongo

I love Impressions de France. It is easily my favorite attraction in World Showcase. As stated plenty of times before me, the music and scenery are just INCREDIBLE by themselves, but when they put them together it's truly magical and memorable. I also hope they never change it.

I love when you exit into the little shop and you have to walk through the whole pavilion to get back to WS. It's the the film swallowed you up in immersion and regurgitated you into the real streets of Paris. Love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom