Impressions de France

vonpluto

I loooooove Impressions de France, especially because, as previously stated, of the music. "The Aquarium" from "Carnival of the Animals" always makes people ooh and ahh, what a timeless and beautiful piece of music! One of my favorite parts is when they show the people skiing to Satie's "Gymnopedie No. 1", one of my favorite songs ever.

When I hear the Satie piece, I always say to myself, "Hey, that's from Blood, Sweat & Tears second album!":lookaroun

CaptainAshley

Impressions is one of my favorite attractions in Epcot. We usually went after a dinner in the Showcase just to digest and relax but I didn't appreciate it until well into my teens. Now it's just simply one of my favorite experiences in Epcot. It's just classic; beautiful images and music-- and peaceful and lovely.

Foolish Mortal

Wish I was sitting on that floor now. See if I can dig up some decent pics from inside the theater.

img4505gj4.jpg

figmentmom

France is always our first stop in the World Showcase. The music is gorgeous, especially Debussy's "Syrinx," the flute solo that begins the film. (OK, OK, I'm flutist, and therefore prejudiced. :ROFLOL:)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Honestly, I'm so excited to see other Impressions de France fans! I'll be there in less than 2 months soaking in the amazing atmosphere and possibly shedding a tear at the finale...

A favorite of mine too, on a number of levels.
Film is beautiful, but I can be just as happy closing my eyes and enjoying the music....Saint Saens, Debussey...a little Ravel. I especially love the excerpts from The Aquarium. Then there are the French hosts, many are quite entertaining...suggesting it's perfectly OK for a French kiss during the movie. *except of course when I'm there by myself...:(*

Then of course you leave and head right over for a French pastry...:slurp:
The suggestions of french kissing is one of the little pieces of magic that make the pavillion so great! Sadly, I've never had someone to partake in a 'french kiss' with while at WDW...

Are you kidding me?

YES this is a favorite of mine!

It's a perfect EPCOT Center World showcase attraction!
You are my new best friend, Doug K!
Wish I was sitting on that floor now. See if I can dig up some decent pics from inside the theater.

img4505gj4.jpg
Absolutely gorgeous... :eek:

Its a horrendous out of date, poor quality film. Makes the old Canada film seem cutting edge.

Nice music though
Just wondering how is it out of date?
It only shows small villiges up close of fashion and some of the car are older but as for out of date I do not see a big change in architecture anywere. The filming is not blue-ray but to be honest I for on am tired of all the new better then life color in films today. I still like the realy old movies that were black-n-white. The technology of the film industry today is do it all on the computer. I like cinimaphotograph. (Film is best) any monkey can create something digital but not everyone can shot film to look good.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Just wondering how is it out of date?
It only shows small villiges up close of fashion and some of the car are older but as for out of date I do not see a big change in architecture anywere. The filming is not blue-ray but to be honest I for on am tired of all the new better then life color in films today. I still like the realy old movies that were black-n-white. The technology of the film industry today is do it all on the computer. I like cinimaphotograph. (Film is best) any monkey can create something digital but not everyone can shot film to look good.

I suppose its great if you think France is stuck in a time warp, lacks vibrancy and is all striped shirts and berets, just doesnt work for me. And I find it odd that a multi media company would choose to show films that have such a poor quality of print, I would have thought there would be a master copy somewhere.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Impressions de France is a must-see for me on every single trip to the World. No matter how many times I stop by, I find things never before seen on the footage to love and enjoy. Also, Saint Saens 'Carnival of the Animals' gives me chills everytime I hear it.

Any other fans of this World Showcase original treasure?

:wave:
*clears throat* a day or two before your sabbatical a few months back, i had taken (after our conversation) the score to this attraction and ripped into a 60 minute loop. Do you remember that. I was going to do it for the nursery and make you a copy? :D

I even took the different sections of the different composers that were meshed together and sectioned them off into loops.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
*clears throat* a day or two before your sabbatical a few months back, i had taken (after our conversation) the score to this attraction and ripped into a 60 minute loop. Do you remember that. I was going to do it for the nursery and make you a copy? :D

I even took the different sections of the different composers that were meshed together and sectioned them off into loops.
Ooo... That's right, Joel! You rock! Is it something that can be emailed or snail mailed? :drevil:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Ooo... That's right, Joel! You rock! Is it something that can be emailed or snail mailed? :drevil:
It will take some time.... It is on my old MAC, which isnt hooked up anymore, under my old desk, collecting old dust. :D

Ill see what i can do and then ill get your mailing address if i can get it going.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
That needs to be posted online somewhere. I see the soundtrack is on a couple Disney CDs but the track is only 9 minutes. The show is like 18 minutes right?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
That needs to be posted online somewhere. I see the soundtrack is on a couple Disney CDs but the track is only 9 minutes. The show is like 18 minutes right?
When I was around 10, my father bought each and every piece of music from the soundtrack on separate cd and we'd have IdF parties in the car on the way to WDW. Ahhh, memories. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom