Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Siren

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
wpid-Thanksgiving-Dinner.png
Happy Thanksgiving @spacemt354! Mmm... that looks so good. Thanks. Now, I'm totally hungry. LOL.

i1zluf.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Don't forget Disney has a special airing tonight on ABC. We're going to see Moana tonight after dinner, well some of us are -- the rest want to see Fanstastic Beasts. Like, we are literally split down the middle on this. Usually, we can all agree on one movie, but not this time. LOL.

FigmentPigments

Happy Thanksgiving @spacemt354! Mmm... that looks so good. Thanks. Now, I'm totally hungry. LOL.

i1zluf.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Don't forget Disney has a special airing tonight on ABC. We're going to see Moana tonight after dinner, well some of us are -- the rest want to see Fanstastic Beasts. Like, we are literally split down the middle on this. Usually, we can all agree on one movie, but not this time. LOL.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

My family and I will be seeing Moana as well.

Siren

We might see Moana tonight too:D
Hi @David2319! I hope you got a chance to see it! We saw Moana last night and before I even left the theater, I had a ride designed for it! LOL.

DHS is in serious need of a water attraction, so I am putting my Moana boat ride there. I can't tell you anymore about without revealing spoilers. So.

Gotta let me know what you think!

You too @Siren
Hi @FigmentPigments! OMG, I loved Moana -- the movie was amazing. Sigh, it's so cold and gray (no snow, yet) and now I just want to jet somewhere, anywhere with sunshine and a white sand beach. LOL. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the movie, too.

Siren

Prompt 7 - What's Next for Golf Ball Park
IMG_4598.JPG

The Experimental, prototype, community of tomorrow Center is such an ambitious theme park. As was announced at Destination D plans will come to bring Epcot into the 21st century. As armchair-Imagineers, it is up to you how you will dream up an update/replacement to any Future World Pavilion Attraction. Your "elevator pitch" will be to create at least the ride's name, and changed story. It can be an update like Test Track 2.0 was, or a complete replacement like Soarin' to Food Rocks.
MAP: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/epcot/maps/

Your pitch can be about anything that could possibly fit the theme of the current pavilions, but here are some guidelines:

1 - You cannot use Marvel or Pixar.
2 - It will help if the original concept could be themed to a holiday overlay in the future - not a requirement...but it would give you an edge!

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 7:00pm EST Sunday, November 27th. You guys have a long time due to the holidays.

Thank you and good luck fellow Imagineers!
Spaceship-Earth-Epcot-Attraction.jpg
Mission Space: Galaxy

Mission Space: Galaxy expands upon the original story line to incorporate varying degrees of space travel and exploration -- creating an exciting, fun and educational experience.

Mission Space: Galaxy will consist of a singular ride system -- the overall intensity of the attraction will be stabilized by decreasing the intensity of Orange and increasing the intensity of Green -- eliminating the need for any distinction of thrill level -- and will enable families and friends to stay together and enjoy the ride.

2i23olx.jpg

The screens inside of the space capsules have all been upgraded with large curved Ultra HD flat screen monitors and the speakers have been upgraded to Dolby Surround Sound to capture the vibrancy and true essence of sight and sound in space.

Guests will initiate the space shuttle to take off and soar throughout the galaxy, while undergoing a mission that will feature all of the planets in our solar system -- which also includes having to dodge asteroids, comets and avoid a near miss encounter with the sun!

Mission Space: Galaxy is a beautiful, breathtaking and exhilarating experience that will inspire anyone of any age to further explore the fascinating world of Space & Aeronautics.

For the holidays - Mission Space: Intergalactic Santa Run transforms riders into Santa's helpers -- Santa Claus was delighted but also caught by surprise, when he started to receive texts of Christmas lists from alien children in outer space but he doesn't have a space ship to deliver the gifts. So, he seeks help from the Mission: Galaxy team to deliver Christmas gifts in time to all the planets in outer space -- it's a wild ride, in a race to save the galaxy's first Christmas.

spacemt354

Chili's
Mission Space: Galaxy

Mission Space: Galaxy expands upon the original story line to incorporate varying degrees of space travel and exploration -- creating an exciting, fun and educational experience.

Mission Space: Galaxy will consist of a singular ride system -- the overall intensity of the attraction will be stabilized by decreasing the intensity of Orange and increasing the intensity of Green -- eliminating the need for any distinction of thrill level -- and will enable families and friends to stay together and enjoy the ride.

2i23olx.jpg

The screens inside of the space capsules have all been upgraded with large curved Ultra HD flat screen monitors and the speakers have been upgraded to Dolby Surround Sound to capture the vibrancy and true essence of sight and sound in space.

Guests will initiate the space shuttle to take off and soar throughout the galaxy, while undergoing a mission that will feature all of the planets in our solar system -- which also includes having to dodge asteroids, comets and avoid a near miss encounter with the sun!

Mission Space: Galaxy is a beautiful, breathtaking and exhilarating experience that will inspire anyone of any age to further explore the fascinating world of Space & Aeronautics.

For the holidays - Mission Space: Intergalactic Santa Run transforms riders into Santa's helpers -- Santa Claus was delighted but also caught by surprise, when he started to receive texts of Christmas lists from alien children in outer space but he doesn't have a space ship to deliver the gifts. So, he seeks help from the Mission: Galaxy team to deliver Christmas gifts in time to all the planets in outer space -- it's a wild ride, in a race to save the galaxy's first Christmas.

This is really well done!

spacemt354

Chili's
I am a bit Epcot-ed out from the Twist in Time finale:p But here's my submission nonetheless:
latest

StormRider

I'd like to replace The Circle of Life at the Land and expand it out to include a new version of StormRider from Tokyo DisneySEA. Since The Land encompasses natural elements like storms (in Living With the Land) and aviation (Soarin') - including an attraction that delves into flying through a storm itself would make sense!

It will be a simulator ride similar to the one in Tokyo - however one set in the present day - where you are on an expedition to South America. You fly through the storm and are swooped up in the massive swell, barely escaping on the treacherous 4 minute journey. Overall, this will add a thrill punch back to Epcot and replace an attraction that isn't popular with one that will be a FP+ attraction and generate more interest over in Future World West.

Magic Feather

Universe of Energy
This new thrilling experience will provide new thrills, entertainment, and immersive experiences to the presently stagnant Universe of Energy pavillion. Guests will enter abtop secret Energy company's base as we wind through their research laboratories as they search to find the best source of energy, and they need guests' assistance. Guests board power carts as move through various portions as they learn about tje benefits and harms of various kinds of energy. At one point, a lack of energy causes a blackout and results in a 45 foot drop. At the end guests learn that a balance of all types of energy is best, as it pulls from energy to go into a fun, final launched coaster segment.

tcool123

Original Poster
The Universe of Energy
presented by Vekoma

oip_m2_mb2_1.jpg

The current Universe of Energy will be gutted as it makes way for a new kind of energy to be showcased potential and kinetic. Sponsored and built by Vekoma this new coaster (Epcot's first) will go all around in a showbuildong with dark ride elements on various things that represent potential and kinetic energy. While the rollercoaster a narration is played describing what energy guests are feeling on the coaster. This new coaster will have a lift hill, drops, banks and even a loop as it races around teaching guests about energy​

FigmentPigments

Growing with the Land

Image-4-.jpg
Living with the Land has been a classic attraction at Epcot that has changed very little, causing younger audience members to lose interest in the important message that this ride presents, and so, in an effort to re-ignite interest, this attraction will include several changes starting with a new name: Growing with the Land, showcasing how we need to change and evolve with the land as the need for sustainable resources becomes more prominent.

Gone is the slow-moving boat ride that has lost its human element, and after entering under the new signage, guests will be greeted with floor to ceiling “windows” that will change into the varying landscapes and weather they will encounter on one of the interactive walking trails, and don’t be surprised when the dome overhead changes from day to night.

Branching off from the center, are five biomes that guests can explore: The Tropics - a breath-taking trek into a recreation of a rainforest amidst a thunderstorm (the walkway will be covered to prevent guests from getting wet), the Desert - where guests will feel the heat and in a separate chamber, experience the high winds that cause erosion, The Grasslands biome will utilize some of the same but updated AAs of the original attraction where guests can explore the American Prairie, Urban Living will feature all of the creative ways guests can have their own gardens in any area they live in and even beekeeping, and the Wetlands where the importance of the eco-system is presented.
olympic_rainforest_0304.jpg
In addition to the trails is a series of Green Houses where guests can see the future of agriculture featuring sustainable fishing and Aquaponics in the Aqua Dome, vertical farming and Aeroponics in the High Rise Dome, and many more including a NASA inspired dome to showcase “Growing in Space”.

For the kids and like-minded adults, they can grab a Bio Booklet and matching Trek map with fun activities that include searching for different plants, the importance of “pests”, feeding the Sturgeon in the Aqua Dome, and releasing lady bugs in the green houses.

During Halloween, the Green Houses will feature pumpkins (each decorated in a unique way) that line each of the paths in the Green Houses, but also the importance of pumpkins and other gourds.

For the holidays, snow will fall outside the “windows” in the main lobby, and the Green Houses will showcases how farmers prepare their fields for frost and why they leave fields fallow for this season.

kmbmw777

IMAGINATION
Sponsored by Walt Disney Imagineering

Walt+and+Epcot.jpg

This new dark ride starts off all guests inside a boardroom, where a narrator and audio animatronics describe Walt's vision for EPCOT, and how Walt's death halted the project. "But Walt's creativity has lived on and has been reborn," the narrator explains. The ride takes us through scenes from various groundbreaking movies such as: Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribean, Frozen, Big Hero 6 (or Guardians of the Galaxy, if Marvel is allowed in this small case), Wreck-It Ralph (or Toy Story if Pixar is allowed in this small case), Aladin, and Fantasia. The ride concludes with our car driving through a Tomorrowland (2015 movie) inspired vision of EPCOT City, which is created using screens, and the narrator telling us "Imagination never dies."

tomorrowlandplace.0.jpg

Instead of using real US holidays, this attraction will instead be modified to celebrate significant historical events in the field of imagination on their anniversaries, by changing the final scene. For example, on the anniversary of the moon landing, our car drives through the moon, and on the anniversary of the opening of Disneyland, our car will drive through a simulated Disneyland/

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Journey Into Imagination 4.0
Here at the imagination Institute, Dr. Abbey Inder (Played by Allison Brie) is studying imagination using her grandfather's (The Dream Finder) notes.

Her research leads her to the rediscovery of Figment during the preshow.

Figment then takes guests and Dr. Abbey on a journey to discover what imagination is all about (an LPS ride system is used).

I'm order to understand imagination, you need to see what it creates.

Travel through rooms themed to movies television, Music, video games, books, theater, and science to see the wonders of imagination and realise that one little spark is truly at the heart of all creation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom