Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Adventure Thru Inner Space with Ant-Man
View attachment 175708
View attachment 175709

Return to Tomorrowland and take a guided tour of Pym Technologies with founder Hank Pym and his associate Scott Lang as you volunteer to be test subjects in a new experiment of Pym's shrinking technology. In the preshow, Hank explains the history behind the discovery of the Pym Particle and how it is being used to further scientific research and invention. Then Scott is your "wingman" as you board a LPM vehicle and set off on your adventure. Of course, something goes horribly wrong along the way as your test vehicle drops to a sub-atomic size and Ant-Man comes to your rescue, returning you to your original size and back to the visitor center no worse for the wear. Hi-definition curved screen technology combined with unique ride vehicles that move in six directions (left-right, forward-reverse and up-down) create a thrill ride like nothing ever seen at Disneyland.
I really liked how you used Adventure thru inner space. It showed what Tomorrowland was made for. well done using the pre-show to explain the story. Very clever use of an IP! It should be used to further propel the attraction's story, very rarely does it work as a book-report. I feel like this would be an action packed attraction,that would be fun, energetic, and a fresh take on a classic. Well done!!! And not to mention that ride vehicle would be totally wicked!

Daveeeeed

Peoplemover through Progress City

The Peoplemover will make its triumphant return, but now, instead of a tour through Tomorrowland, it will be a dark ride style tour of Progress City!
4562298-7823376-thumbnail.jpg
A mix of the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow Walt envisioned and the optimistic future seen in Horizons, Progress City promises to be a sight to see and a great fit for Disneyland's Tomorrowland.
191vae5uciz4jjpg.jpg
Many show scenes will be adapted straight out of the future section of Horizons, thus reviving that classic attraction in addition to reviving the people mover.

The family from Horizons is the same as from Carousal of progress, so it will help fill the void left from Disneyland's carousel of Progress leaving too.

During the faster parts of the Peoplemover ride, the decorations will be mostly environmental and simple (just city buildings or futuristic farms) with the main show scenes coming in when the ride is moving slower.

Progress City will of course be decorated for the holidays just like any city is.

Perhaps around Thanksgiving and Christmas, you might even catch a glimpse of the patriarch of the Progress Family accidentally burning the family's dinner in their new voice activated oven.
Ah the classic. One of my favorite rides at The Magic Kingdom, never got to ride it at Disneyland though, but it wasn't on par with Mk's from what I've heard and from what I can tell. I really really like the use of this attraction. I mean what Disney Nerd wouldn't want a tour of Progress City! (And really most people would want it too once they heard of it). Nice nod to CoP, I felt like it was effective in the overlay department, but also satisfying as nostalgia. Again overall a job well done in taking a classic, and reviving it for today, and doing it differently and cleverly. Dang, the more I think about it, the more I WANT THIS RIDE!!!:D:D:D

Daveeeeed

The Return of Captain Eo​

I think at the loss of Captain Eo, Disneyland lost not only one of its original characters, but also a figure of inspiration, music, and imagination (much like the loss of Dreamfinder), but in its infinite wisdom, Disney has brought back Captain Eo and his crew in this re-imagined version of changing the world where you will travel into the richly detailed world of Captain Eo.

After entering into the Peace Keepers main headquarters (situated between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland), you are led into a briefing room, where Commander Bog greets you and instructs you that you will be joining Captain Eo and his crew of misfits (unknown actors and updated costumes will be used to keep the ride from becoming dated) on his mission to deliver a gift to the Supreme Leader on a desolate, grey alien world, but Captain Eo (via video) assures him that: "this time, it will go smoothly".

You then board your trackless ride vehicle, seating 24 people, and follow Eo, Hooter, Idy, Ody, Major and Minor Domo, and Fuzzball, as they blast off and then crash on the alien planet (the vehicles will feel every bump and turn as you follow the group to find the Supreme Leader), but several guards (live actors) capture you and the group.
eodance4.jpg
As you are brought in the throne room, a huge animontronic of the Supreme Leader descends from overhead, practically on top of you, and you are in the center of the action as Eo fights off the whip warriors and his crew struggles to fix their instruments, but suddenly the theatre lights up as Hooter blasts his piano, transforming the theatre with color (even you are covered in color) and with music filling the room, the Supreme Leader's followers are changed in a burst of light into their real forms, joining Eo as he changes the Supreme Leader back into a beautiful woman.
eo_1_sm.jpg
Utilizing a mix of live actors, top of the line technology and effects, Captain Eo will return, not only with the music and storyline we all know and love, but will become a new ride worthy of the Eo's legacy and a new generation's love.

During the holiday season, Commander Bog will make mention that at this special time of year, it is especially important that this gift be given.

During the finale, as the theatre lights up, fake snow will fall in time with the lights, looking as if the snow is sparkling as it falls over the guests.
Didn't think I'd see this one, so I'm glad you chose it! Love the creativity here, with the large trackless vehicles. I also love the usage of music,and vehicles working together. I could just imagine getting off that ride and being like wow. It seems like it would leave an effect on you to be honest. The usage of the Supreme Leader was brilliant. She's creepy and as an animatronic would be that more effective! And of course the holiday overlay would be good at setting the tone, not only for the season, but the ride quality would be enhanced as well. Good work, keep it up!

Daveeeeed

Ill submit one for kicks but im mobile so apologies for the brevity.

I will bring back the skyway themed to Up. Each basket will be shaped like Mr Fredricksons house and have baloons above the gliding wire. You will soar over Fantasyland to Tomorrowland listening to the beautiful soundtrack of "Married Life" featured in the film.
Love the skyway! I really like using Up here, and it would work great for Fantasyland, but Tomorrowland thematically might be more toubling, but perhaps you found a way around this. I really like the idea of having balloons too! Very clever! Nothing like the song that went along with one of the saddest moments in recent movie history. Nice quick job!

Daveeeeed

Rocket to the Moon!
Inside of a new futuristic tower replacing the Tommorowland Expo Center (old innoventions) comes a one-of a kind new thrill experience. Guests will wind through the laboratory of "Ad Astra" a new soace flight company testing new space ring, magnetic launch model, which will eventually lead guests to a preshow chamber, followed by a small futuristic chamber with a large pole, surrounded by seats is. Guests board this as the roof opens, and a countdown sequence launches then uoward into a cylinder surrounded by projection screens, which coupled with the anti-gravity push overs, allows for a feeling of weightlessness who traveled through space, all before returning back to Earth in a ball of flames. This innovative drop tower experience will bring new thrills to tommorowland
I really thought this was well thought out and well done. This seems to be more of an original concept since the original one didn't really have a story, but definitely I always love to see creativity. Love how you used a drop tower to achieve weightlessness. It could really work great! I like that it is a company that is testing technology; I always like this kind of ride as it is effective especially in the first time you ride it. Also, way to use screens to enhance the story, not as a way to cut costs. Well done!

Man this round, although only a few people posted is going to be tough. They are all so good!

Daveeeeed

Haven't seen it but I'm gonna take a guess that they find Dory? :joyfull: Or maybe they don't and that's why it's sad? :p
I don't want to spoil it, so I won't tell you:D. Though I will comment that Finding Dory was obviously not as good as the first, it didn't really have anything iconic like Bruce, or Mike, Mike, Mike. Hank the Octopus was a great character, but the film felt not as a part of the main series like the Toy Story movies did, but more of a minor, enjoyable, continuation of an all-time classic. Not really a stand alone film. 6.5-7/10 for me personally. Good, but nothing like the original's quality.

spacemt354

Chili's
I don't want to spoil it, so I won't tell you:D. Though I will comment that Finding Dory was obviously not as good as the first, it didn't really have anything iconic like Bruce, or Mike, Mike, Mike. Hank the Octopus was a great character, but the film felt not as a part of the main series like the Toy Story movies did, but more of a minor, enjoyable, continuation of an all-time classic. Not really a stand alone film. 6.5-7/10 for me personally. Good, but nothing like the original's quality.
I would figure so...seemed like a cash grab to me. If that was it's purpose, it definitely succeeded as Disney has already broken their box office record from last year and Moana/Rogue One haven't even come out yet:p

Don't see that Box Office money invested into the parks though, eh? Just stuffing pockets...or paying for Shanghai #thanksshanghai :joyfull:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Finding Dory is like a weird mix of spin off and sequel. it's clearly built as a "Dory" movie where she's the main character and Marlin is a sidekick/side plot. and the tone becomes more goofy and over the top to match. BUT it still banks a lot on nostalgia and fanservice as if it was a straight-up Nemo 2. Overall, Id say it worked really well, but didn't quite have the cohesion most stand alone movies or regular sequels have.

Daveeeeed

I would figure so...seemed like a cash grab to me. If that was it's purpose, it definitely succeeded as Disney has already broken their box office record from last year and Moana/Rogue One haven't even come out yet:p

Don't see that Box Office money invested into the parks though, eh? Just stuffing pockets...or paying for Shanghai #thanksshanghai :joyfull:
It definitely was a cash grab. What held it back from it being a Monsters University addition was the addition of nonsensical things that the Bailey the Beluga whale did etc. It didn't have to be a Toy Story 3, but it was watchable and entertaining, but definitely could have been better. Not a bad film, just average I would say. Speaking of the parks, it seems we may actually be getting that money now. Epcot should be getting over a Billion put in it.

spacemt354

Chili's
It definitely was a cash grab. What held it back from it being a Monsters University addition was the addition of nonsensical things that the Bailey the Beluga whale did etc. It didn't have to be a Toy Story 3, but it was watchable and entertaining, but definitely could have been better. Not a bad film, just average I would say. Speaking of the parks, it seems we may actually be getting that money now. Epcot should be getting over a Billion put in it.
I believe nothing on the News and Rumors anymore :p But its fun to watch. When i first joined there were people guaranteeing Cars Land for DHS, I believed it, and it was a wild goose chase for months:facepalm: Now i just take everything with a grain of salt until i see dirt moving

I'd be shocked if Epcot got an influx of anything other than IPs:hungover: (if it gets anything)

Daveeeeed

Prompt 6 - Season 2: Episode 4 - Results

Super tough decisions guys, you all did great!!! So many of you were so so close.

In case you wondered, my 3 major points for judging are:
- Is it realistic?
- Is it creative?
- Is it relevant?

Now on to the rankings!!!

honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@Magic Feather for "Rocket to the Moon"
Way to bring back a minor classic, and spiff it up for the current generation!
Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

@FigmentPigments for "The Return of Captain EO"
Very good use of music and, animatronics, and vehicles. Would definitely be on many folks's must-do's!
Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@michmousefan for "Adventure Thru Inner Space with Ant-Man"
Very good use of an IP to bring back a classic!
Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

@Pionmycake for "Peoplemover through Progress City"
I could picture this ride in my head, and could imagine me riding it, and could imagine me re-riding it twenty times.:D

#MickeyAwardRound6 - Everyone's a winner! (A.K.A. @spacemt354 :p)
vintage-disney-mickey-mouse-gold-movie-award-japan-7-statue-figure-figurine_142079733228-jpg.173154

Again guys this round was hard, I would have given all of you guys Gold if I could!
Anyhow, are ya ready!!!!! Prompt 7 Awaits...

Daveeeeed

I believe nothing on the News and Rumors anymore :p But its fun to watch. When i first joined there were people guaranteeing Cars Land for DHS, I believed it, and it was a wild goose chase for months:facepalm: Now i just take everything with a grain of salt until i see dirt moving

I'd be shocked if Epcot got an influx of anything other than IPs:hungover: (if it gets anything)
Chapek confirmed though that Epcot will be getting stuff, and it seems likely, but yeah I'm super cautious until announced by Disney themselves. Sometimes things do change, but other times it is just what it is: a rumor. And definitely it will include ips, but if it is done better than Frozen like Ratatouille would to France etc. then I think that is better than never getting anything. Plus if they redo Innoventions that would be a huge win.

Daveeeeed

STANDINGS
@Poe Dameron
@MonorailRed
@spacemt354 HM
@Tony the Tigger HM - SPA
@Magic Feather Bronze - Silver - HM - HM
@Angels and Disney's Bronze
@kmbmw777 Bronze - HM - Gold
@CraniumCommand89
@tcool123 PPA - PPA
@michmousefan Silver
@SplashZander HM - Silver - Silver

@Brer Robbie
@FigmentPigments Gold - Gold - Bronze - Silver - Bronze
@Pionmycake Silver - Gold - Gold - Bronze - Gold
@wdwbaw
@Siren Ohana
@invadersam Ohana

*PPA* Presidential Potato Award
*SPA* Sumo Potato Award
*Ohana* Ohana Award

Daveeeeed

Prompt 7 - What's Next for Golf Ball Park
IMG_4598.JPG

The Experimental, prototype, community of tomorrow Center is such an ambitious theme park. As was announced at Destination D plans will come to bring Epcot into the 21st century. As armchair-Imagineers, it is up to you how you will dream up an update/replacement to any Future World Pavilion Attraction. Your "elevator pitch" will be to create at least the ride's name, and changed story. It can be an update like Test Track 2.0 was, or a complete replacement like Soarin' to Food Rocks.
MAP: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/epcot/maps/

Your pitch can be about anything that could possibly fit the theme of the current pavilions, but here are some guidelines:

1 - You cannot use Marvel or Pixar.
2 - It will help if the original concept could be themed to a holiday overlay in the future - not a requirement...but it would give you an edge!

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 7:00pm EST Sunday, November 27th. You guys have a long time due to the holidays.

Thank you and good luck fellow Imagineers!
Spaceship-Earth-Epcot-Attraction.jpg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 7 - What's Next for Golf Ball Park
IMG_4598.JPG

The Experimental, prototype, community of tomorrow Center is such an ambitious theme park. As was announced at Destination D plans will come to bring Epcot into the 21st century. As armchair-Imagineers, it is up to you how you will dream up an update/replacement to any Future World Pavilion Attraction. Your "elevator pitch" will be to create at least the ride's name, and changed story. It can be an update like Test Track 2.0 was, or a complete replacement like Soarin' to Food Rocks.
MAP: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/epcot/maps/

Your pitch can be about anything that could possibly fit the theme of the current pavilions, but here are some guidelines:

1 - You cannot use Marvel or Pixar.
2 - It will help if the original concept could be themed to a holiday overlay in the future - not a requirement...but it would give you an edge!

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 7:00pm EST Sunday, November 27th. You guys have a long time due to the holidays.

Thank you and good luck fellow Imagineers!
Spaceship-Earth-Epcot-Attraction.jpg
Lol, my first thought was actually to use Finding Dory and retheme the Seas building to the Marine Life Institute from the movie. I guess Finding Dory is on my mind right now for some mysterious reason haha. Then i saw "no pixar." I have some other ideas though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom