Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Lol, my first thought was actually to use Finding Dory and retheme the Seas building to the Marine Life Institute from the movie. I guess Finding Dory is on my mind right now for some mysterious reason haha. Then i saw "no pixar." I have some other ideas though.
I had a feeling the go to ones would be Guardians of The Galaxy, Dr. Strange, Inside Out, and Finding Dory, so I had to do that :p.

spacemt354

Chili's
Chapek confirmed though that Epcot will be getting stuff, and it seems likely, but yeah I'm super cautious until announced by Disney themselves. Sometimes things do change, but other times it is just what it is: a rumor. And definitely it will include ips, but if it is done better than Frozen like Ratatouille would to France etc. then I think that is better than never getting anything. Plus if they redo Innoventions that would be a huge win.
Innoventions is terrible:p

They even took away my favorite German soda at Club Cool!:cautious:

tcool123

Original Poster
Don't see that Box Office money invested into the parks though, eh? Just stuffing pockets...or paying for Shanghai #thanksshanghai :joyfull:
It definitely was a cash grab. What held it back from it being a Monsters University addition was the addition of nonsensical things that the Bailey the Beluga whale did etc. It didn't have to be a Toy Story 3, but it was watchable and entertaining, but definitely could have been better. Not a bad film, just average I would say. Speaking of the parks, it seems we may actually be getting that money now. Epcot should be getting over a Billion put in it.
Not to be a Debbie Downer but Disney doesnt gain a billion dollars. Disney themselves only gets to keep 2/3 of the box office so around 660+ million. I mean either way it's still alot pf money, but then you factor in production and marketing budget, and you end up with around 260+ million since you take off 200 and then a general rule of thumb is that for a movie to be succesful it needs to make double of its productuon budget. That's another 200 million off hence why I estimate it only made 260 million. Which is barely enough to build Toy Story Land.

Also in terms of quality I prefer Finding Dory over Nemo mostly because Dory didn't bore me like Nemo.

Chapek confirmed though that Epcot will be getting stuff, and it seems likely, but yeah I'm super cautious until announced by Disney themselves. Sometimes things do change, but other times it is just what it is: a rumor. And definitely it will include ips, but if it is done better than Frozen like Ratatouille would to France etc. then I think that is better than never getting anything. Plus if they redo Innoventions that would be a huge win.
Im hoping for Spaceship Groot, or is it that too much to ask for :rolleyes::p
They even took away my favorite German soda at Club Cool!:cautious:
At least they have my favorite soda still, Beverley:D

Daveeeeed

Not to be a Debbie Downer but Disney doesnt gain a billion dollars. Disney themselves only gets to keep 2/3 of the box office so around 660+ million. I mean either way it's still alot pf money, but then you factor in production and marketing budget, and you end up with around 260+ million since you take off 200 and then a general rule of thumb is that for a movie to be succesful it needs to make double of its productuon budget. That's another 200 million off hence why I estimate it only made 260 million. Which is barely enough to build Toy Story Land.

Also in terms of quality I prefer Finding Dory over Nemo mostly because Dory didn't bore me like Nemo.

Im hoping for Spaceship Groot, or is it that too much to ask for :rolleyes::p

At least they have my favorite soda still, Beverley:D
On the Box Office part that would definitely be correct, but they also get royalties for merchandise, among tv payouts for HBO, DVD sales etc. That's also how The Lone Ranger will not be a flop 10 years from now. But yeah definitely as a movie buff I will admit that movies don't make nearly as much as media or even the parks.

What sucks for me is Tomorrowland, could have been such an incredible film, but they make it mediocre and then it flops, so in turn I would have much preferred anew Eticket.

tcool123

Original Poster
@tcool123 are you the same person as @tcool ?
dgDY3.gif

Okay so around this time last year like literally four days ago, I got a yahoo mail notification saying that they have recorded me signing in at Australia and at China. You see this is odd because I've never been to Australia, and the only China I've ever traveled is at Epcot :p
So basically I changed the password for everything with both my personal email and spam/video game/social media email. It just so happened that I lost the paper in which I had all my passwords written down. So I lost my Microsoft account, my Minecraft account, my Yahoo Mail accounts, but most importantly my account here. My youtubes were the only ones I remembered along with my facebook, but I don't really use it, but I know it.
Throw in the fact I had included double verification on my account here, and well after thirty days I lost @tcool forever. I created @tcool123, and now I'm here.
It's not all a lost my PMs with @tcool is where I have worked on my projects like Singapore Disney, and other things like that. In general @tcool is a great user to have a PM with as it stores your work in the format accepted by this website unlike how working on it on Word or other programs of that nature.

Siren

Prompt 5 - Season 2: Episode 4 - Results

Super tough decisions guys, you all did great!!! So many of you were so so close.

In case you wondered, my 3 major points for judging are:
- Is it realistic?
- Is it creative?
- Is it relevant?

Now on to the rankings!!!

honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

Goes to @Magic Feather for "Gracey Estates"
Bronze Medal...

bronze_medal.png

@Pionmycake for "Gracey's Gardens"

Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@FigmentPigments for "The Happy Haunting Grounds"

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Goes to @kmbmw777 for "The Shadowlands"
Really liked the transition of the lands and all around theme. Well done!

And the Ohana Award... Welcome to the Imagineering family @Siren & @invadersam & for fantastic jobs at you guy's first prompt ever!
f3d65161632caea8098d26fe977766fc.jpg

#MickeyAwardRound5 - Everyone's a winner!
vintage-disney-mickey-mouse-gold-movie-award-japan-7-statue-figure-figurine_142079733228-jpg.173154

And now, on to Prompt 6!!!

Congratulations to all the winners in the Haunted Mansion challenge -- you totally deserve it!!!

I really like the creativity here, and props for being your first competition! A palace would definitely work better in the lighthearted Fantasyland than a Mansion with ghosts. I wish you would have somehow mentioned the Haunted Mansion as that's what the prompt was about, but still it was a solid proposal. And again, thanks for joining as we're going to have a blast!
Hi @David2319! Thanks for the critique. I know it was totally off topic but I just wanted to test it out anyway. The one sentence thing was such a challenge for me!!! LOL.

And @Siren & @Poe Dameron I'm pretty sure you guys are fans of Epcot:).
Okay, I will try.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom