Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Prompt 8 - Animals, and lots of em'
rivers-of-light-2016-4-5.jpg

Animal Kingdom is a special park, dedicated to the real, past, and mystical creatures. With Pandora: The World of Avatar and Rivers of light coming soon to make Animal Kingdom one of the best parks in the world, management decided to scrap Rivers of Light because they decided they were being too awesome:D. Now you are tasked with designing a new show. As armchair-Imagineers, it is up to you how you will dream up a replacement for the yet to open "Rivers of Light." Your "elevator pitch" will be to create at least the show's name, what makes the show unique, the main theme song (custom or on youtube, just post link) and a new story. Remember to think how this will affect the park as this is what brings people together at night.

MAP: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/animal-kingdom/maps/

Your pitch can be about anything that could possibly fit the theme of the current pavilions, but here are some guidelines:

1 - It will help if the original concept could have a holiday addition in the future - not a requirement...but it would give you an edge!
2 - It cannot have The Lion King, The Jungle Book, or Zootopia.
3 - It does not have to go in the same place, and you can do pretty much anything you'd like with it.
4 - No fireworks allowed -- courtesy to the animals.

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 7:00pm EST Thursday, December 1st.

Thank you and good luck fellow Imagineers!
kilimanjaro-safaris-8437.jpg

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Boni - A.K.A. a bonus!
This will not affect anything and is just a fun add-on.
LTd57eGRc.jpg

If you'd like to participate you are tasked with creating a new main character for The Walt Disney Company. Yes, this means Mickey Mouse will be unwritten from time:jawdrop:.

Guidelines

1 - Up to 5 sentences &a one photo may be used.
2 - It's due alongside PROMPT 8.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Siren

Prompt 7 - Season 2: Episode 4 - Results

Interesting round, I really like what I'm seeing. All of you guys are such creative individuals from the veterans to the beginners!

In case you wondered, my 3 major points for judging are:
- Is it creative?
- Is it relevant?
- Is it realistic?

Now onto the rankings!!!

Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

@kmbmw777 for "Imagination"
Appropriate use of Walt Disney.

DOUBLE Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@Siren for "Mission: Space Galaxy"
Absolutely fantastic second prompt ever! With a charming visit through the solar system, this is sure to last especially with the altered thrill level, and new visuals. Reminded me of Soarin' Around the world as it goes everywhere:).

&

@Pionmycake for "Journey Into Imagination 4.0"
Very well done story, but the shortness kept it from soaring into the stars, and to keep it fair, I can't grade your completed one later for this prompt.

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

@FigmentPigments
Well done, not only with the name, but the scope and scale!

#MickeyAwardRound7
vintage-disney-mickey-mouse-gold-movie-award-japan-7-statue-figure-figurine_142079733228-jpg.173154

Guess what? We'll be meeting some Animals!
OMG!!! I won SILVER!!!!!! I cannot believe this!!! Awww, I am so honored. I honestly didn't think I would win anything because competition was so strong! Congratulations to everyone -- we are all winners.

And, I am just blown away by the amount of creativity, imagination and the level of detail in all of the submissions. I am learning so much from all of you. You all are such class acts!

Yay! I'm so happy to receive my very first medal in Imagineering. This is like my new happy place, now. Uh-oh, lol. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
OMG!!! I won SILVER!!!!!! I cannot believe this!!! Awww, I am so honored. I honestly didn't think I would win anything because competition was so strong! Congratulations to everyone -- we are all winners.

And, I am just blown away by the amount of creativity, imagination and the level of detail in all of the submissions. I am learning so much from all of you. You all are such class acts!

Yay! I'm so happy to receive my very first medal in Imagineering. This is like my new happy place, now. Uh-oh, lol. :)
Congrats you deserved it!:geek:

Siren

Congrats you deserved it!:geek:
Awww, thanks for making me blush @spacemt354! I totally cracked my facial mask, lol -- it wasn't a mask like GlamGlow or anything though. Just egg whites. I know it sounds gross but out of all the facial masks -- egg whites are just super tightening and keeps my pores totally invisible, with no chemicals. I still use clay based masks, too.

Anyway, I saw your submission and I had never heard of StormRider before. It reminds of the old storm simulator "ride"/room in Innoventions. I am fascinated by storms so I totally miss it. But, at least we still have Living w/the Land.

FigmentPigments

Congratulations, Siren! :joyfull:

Daveeeeed

@David2319

Depending on the time I have, I was planning to do some drawings, and just to be clear, if it's on one sheet of paper it counts as one picture?
It depends. If they are all different, one of food, let's say, another one of the entrance: and then you can only have two drawings. If they are different angles or with and without the performers etc. then the equivalent of two. But if they are two completely different photo/drawings of different locations then again 2. Actual sheets of paper don't matter just how many individual ones. Can't wait to see them!

Magic Feather

It depends. If they are all different, one of food, let's say, another one of the entrance: and then you can only have two drawings. If they are different angles or with and without the performers etc. then the equivalent of two. But if they are two completely different photo/drawings of different locations then again 2. Actual sheets of paper don't matter just how many individual ones. Can't wait to see them!
What if we were drawing vessels for the water, could we make an image featuring all of them at once?

spacemt354

Chili's
New Life - Water Pageant
Protarasshow1.jpg

*Sidenote if you look back at most of my DAK projects I use this artist because I think his compositions fit really well in the park, anyway moving on:p

New Life will be a celebration of oneness between humans and animals - and the journey we both have taken on the planet. What separates this from a normal water show is that it doesn't just take place in the Discovery River Basin - it is a Water Pageant! Floats of Animals and water pyrotechnics will travel around the Discovery River with a grand finale show in the basin area. Large fountains will soar 50 feet into the air as the music swells. In addition - drones will fly overhead (akin to the holiday show at Disney Springs) and illuminate the stars with constellations of animals - showing how nature and us are connected all around.
maxresdefault.jpg

Magic Feather

image.jpeg

The Discovery River Theater falls dark as a magnificent blowing of a conch shell is heard, leading our eyes to a circular float with a conch blowing shaman aboard, who stops at the center to welcome us to a celebration of elements coming together, by bringing forth two magical barges of nature, and four carrying shamans of the elements.

A sitar is heard as a barge with a green sail summons the earth, resulting in projected vines to grow across the tree backgrounds, and a set of wood to rise from the magical barges, followed by a barge with blue sail, as its shaman plays the violin, summoning in water, by making vertical fountains rise out of the magical barges, as well as the main shamans barge.

image.jpeg

Soon, a barge with a red sail and drum shamans come forth with gifts of fire and light, as it is channeled coloring the water with mystifying images, before a barge with a silver sail comes forth with a fife to fog the river, as well as using the power of "wind" to allow the fountains to swirl into beautiful formations.

All of a sudden, lights, lasers, and fountains pour out of all barges as the ultimate celebration of nature comes to life with stunning light and water effects, resulting in an awe inspiring conclusion, leading into the main shaman's barge rising with a magnificent tower of fire, and water.

Quickly, the fog retreats along with the barges as the music slowly fades to the toll of a bell, as if nothing ever happened.

For the holidays, the initial earth vines will add holly.

spacemt354

Chili's
Boni Challenge

Marty Moose
medium-shot-of-chevy-chase-as-clark-griswold-punching-statue-of-marty-picture-id72729687

Replacing Mickey Mouse will be Marty Moose - everyone's favorite moose! Marty Moose will have a TV show and a theme song M-A-R-T-Y M-O-O-S-E... similar to Mickey Mouse.

People will drive thousands of miles to get to America's Favorite Family fun park -- (hopefully it's not closed though):p

FigmentPigments

Boni Challenge

Marty Moose
medium-shot-of-chevy-chase-as-clark-griswold-punching-statue-of-marty-picture-id72729687

Replacing Mickey Mouse will be Marty Moose - everyone's favorite moose! Marty Moose will have a TV show and a theme song M-A-R-T-Y M-O-O-S-E... similar to Mickey Mouse.

People will drive thousands of miles to get to America's Favorite Family fun park -- (hopefully it's not closed though):p
lol...I was doing a moose too! Morty Moose. :hilarious:
transp_20s_mickey.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom