Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

FigmentPigments

The Return of Captain Eo​

I think at the loss of Captain Eo, Disneyland lost not only one of its original characters, but also a figure of inspiration, music, and imagination (much like the loss of Dreamfinder), but in its infinite wisdom, Disney has brought back Captain Eo and his crew in this re-imagined version of changing the world where you will travel into the richly detailed world of Captain Eo.

After entering into the Peace Keepers main headquarters (situated between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland), you are led into a briefing room, where Commander Bog greets you and instructs you that you will be joining Captain Eo and his crew of misfits (unknown actors and updated costumes will be used to keep the ride from becoming dated) on his mission to deliver a gift to the Supreme Leader on a desolate, grey alien world, but Captain Eo (via video) assures him that: "this time, it will go smoothly".

You then board your trackless ride vehicle, seating 24 people, and follow Eo, Hooter, Idy, Ody, Major and Minor Domo, and Fuzzball, as they blast off and then crash on the alien planet (the vehicles will feel every bump and turn as you follow the group to find the Supreme Leader), but several guards (live actors) capture you and the group.
eodance4.jpg
As you are brought in the throne room, a huge animontronic of the Supreme Leader descends from overhead, practically on top of you, and you are in the center of the action as Eo fights off the whip warriors and his crew struggles to fix their instruments, but suddenly the theatre lights up as Hooter blasts his piano, transforming the theatre with color (even you are covered in color) and with music filling the room, the Supreme Leader's followers are changed in a burst of light into their real forms, joining Eo as he changes the Supreme Leader back into a beautiful woman.
eo_1_sm.jpg
Utilizing a mix of live actors, top of the line technology and effects, Captain Eo will return, not only with the music and storyline we all know and love, but will become a new ride worthy of the Eo's legacy and a new generation's love.

During the holiday season, Commander Bog will make mention that at this special time of year, it is especially important that this gift be given.

During the finale, as the theatre lights up, fake snow will fall in time with the lights, looking as if the snow is sparkling as it falls over the guests.

FigmentPigments

I'll admit, it was a bit before my time. but I got to see the revival once at Epcot. It's cheesey and dated, but I still loved it haha
Oh, definitely. I always remembered it with nostalgia goggles, and when I saw the revival as an adult, I about laughed myself sick at the hokey props and severely dated looks. :hilarious: It was so bad! But I loved the settings, the idea, the music, and even some of the dancing. The Supreme Leader's make up and design still holds up (in my opinion). Honestly, what I remember now is the obvious plastic egg that landed on Eo (seriously, it looks like a toy found in a little kid's kitchen set). :p

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Oh, definitely. I always remembered it with nostalgia goggles, and when I saw the revival as an adult, I about laughed myself sick at the hokey props and severely dated looks. :hilarious: It was so bad! But I loved the settings, the idea, the music, and even some of the dancing. The Supreme Leader's make up and design still holds up (in my opinion). Honestly, what I remember now is the obvious plastic egg that landed on Eo (seriously, it looks like a toy found in a little kid's kitchen set). :p
Well, that was George Lucas, right? Whatever problems he has as a director, he has never had any problem with amazing, distinct visuals. Even dated and cheap looking, his design hold up. The same way all the cgi in the prequels look like bantha fodder now, but the designs still hold up. Add in some great music and a simple, yet effective, plot, and you have a great attraction. I'll admit to prefering Honey I Shrunk the Audience myself, but that is totally, 100% nostalgia lol

FigmentPigments

Well, that was George Lucas, right? Whatever problems he has as a director, he has never had any problem with amazing, distinct visuals. Even dated and cheap looking, his design hold up. The same way all the cgi in the prequels look like bantha fodder now, but the designs still hold up. Add in some great music and a simple, yet effective, plot, and you have a great attraction. I'll admit to prefering Honey I Shrunk the Audience myself, but that is totally, 100% nostalgia lol
Very true! George Lucas also had Francis Ford Copala as well so I would hope something like this (despite the datedness) would still be noteworthy.

I can't blame you for Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. Despite taking over where Eo was, I thought they did an excellent job there as well. That was a show I went back multiple times to see. The mice always got me though. :cautious:

Magic Feather

Rocket to the Moon!
Inside of a new futuristic tower replacing the Tommorowland Expo Center (old innoventions) comes a one-of a kind new thrill experience. Guests will wind through the laboratory of "Ad Astra" a new soace flight company testing new space ring, magnetic launch model, which will eventually lead guests to a preshow chamber, followed by a small futuristic chamber with a large pole, surrounded by seats is. Guests board this as the roof opens, and a countdown sequence launches then uoward into a cylinder surrounded by projection screens, which coupled with the anti-gravity push overs, allows for a feeling of weightlessness who traveled through space, all before returning back to Earth in a ball of flames. This innovative drop tower experience will bring new thrills to tommorowland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom