Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Brer Panther

All right, here's my submission...

The Main Street Electrical Parade has been given a bit of a refurbishment. The Pinocchio sequence based on Pleasure Island has been removed, replaced by a sequence based on The Princess and the Frog. Three floats make up this bayou-themed sequence: a firefly-lit lily pad with Tiana and Prince Naveen, a large riverboat, and finally one featuring Louis the Alligator. In addition, several of the floats now have new lights installed, and the Mad Hatter and the March Hare now appear in the parade during its Alice in Wonderland-themed sequence.

mharrington

The Main Street Electrical Parade has been given a bit of a refurbishment. The Pinocchio sequence based on Pleasure Island has been removed, replaced by a sequence based on The Princess and the Frog. Three floats make up this bayou-themed sequence: a firefly-lit lily pad with Tiana and Prince Naveen, a large riverboat, and finally one featuring Louis the Alligator. In addition, several of the floats now have new lights installed, and the Mad Hatter and the March Hare now appear in the parade during its Alice in Wonderland-themed sequence.

I believe you just broke a rule: you removed the Pinocchio scene. I thought the rule was no current scenes can be removed.

mickeyfan5534

The Main Street Electrical Parade has been given a complete overhaul, from updated lighting to entirely rebuilt floats replacing the tired out old floats. First up, in between the Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella units is a Tangled unit. Rapunzel's Tower soars high overhead as Rapunzel and Flynn wave to guests below. Lanterns float in front of and behind the tower. Next up, between the Snow White and Pinocchio is a Frozen unit, featuring Anna and Elsa dancing in Elsa's ice palace. Finally, the To Honor America unit has been converted into an It's A Small World unit, celebrating peace and every nation of the world,

Flippin'Flounder

2 new units will be added to the Main Street Electrical Parade in 2017, in front of the Pinnochio unit. The first unit, themed to Frozen, will include Anna and Elsa waving from the top of Elsa's Ice Castle, with Olaf at the base, and Kristoff leading the way in his new sled. The second unit will be themed to Princess and the Frog, where Tiana and Naveen will be dancing to songs from the film, at the helm of a bayou themed float. There will also be a lily pad whirly, with Louis the alligator playing his trumpet on it. The final addition will be to the princess unit, where Rapunzel and Flynn will get to dance with the other princess'.

DinoInstitute

The Mainstreet Electrical Parade is one of the greatest nighttime parades Disney has ever made, filling guests with feelings of nostalgia and excitement, though it could use a few changes/updates. First, all parades will receive replaced LED lights to allow the use of more modern lighting effects and make more refreshed floats. Secondly, because of the immense popularity, it is kind of necessary to have a grand Frozen float with a sparkling and glowing Ice Mountain scene. And lastly, this final addition will be a bit different as it is not really directly related to the floats themselves at all. Main Street, the new hub, and everywhere else the parade goes through will receive brand new LED and fiber optic lights lined along the buildings and roads that are unnoticeable during the day, but come alive, change colors, and add a whole new layer of magic to the parade atmosphere at night.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
New lighting technology will be incorporated into all the existing and new floats.

Glow With The Show hats will be incorporated into MSEP but with a twist...the hats will now be the price of regular Mickey Ears making people more apt to purchase them and be part of the show.

The Main Street Electrical Parade will now pay tribute to those great attractions of the past that are sorely missed by many Disney fans. Three new floats will be added celebrating and honoring the memory of the three most discussed missing attractions at WDW: 20,000 Leagues, Horizons, and Alien Encounter.

spacemt354

Chili's
Wherever you are, when you hear the auto-tuned announcement of "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls..." and the start of Baroque Hoedown, it is one of the strong nostalgic primers that instantly transports you to the Magic Kingdom at night for the Main Street Electrical Parade, which for its opening next year, will receive additions that will keep its classic persona, but also keep it fresh.

When the parade re-opened in 2010, many of the major floats got LED pixie dust upgrades, so instead of just adding new lighting, we will add three entirely new floats to the parade.

A celebration unit will be added after the Casey Jr unit, which will be used to showcase any celebrations throughout the year, such as the WDW 50th anniversary, or for guests celebrating birthdays to ride in the float, enabled via the MM+ technology when they enter the park.

Keeping with the requirement of 21st century films, one franchise that has stood the test of time and will fit in seamlessly with the classic Disney animated films is 2011's Winnie the Pooh, who will have a Hundred Acre Wood float featuring all the classic characters you know and love.

Lastly, there will be a Nautilus unit themed to 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, paid in tribute to the classic Fantasyland attraction, but also to the upcoming Disney film Captain Nemo as well.

Last edited:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

After a year of refurbishment, the Main Street Electrical parade is back and better than ever! The parade is modernized by adding the Mickey Mouse Paintbrush feature from Paint the Night, changing the light color of the float and the costumes of the characters. Speaking of lights, the entire parade is decked out in full LED lights.

Best of all, a Tron float is added after the Petes Dragon float, using Daft Punk's soundtrack and actual working light cycles to become the show-stopper of the parade.

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 1 Part 2 -
45 Light Years!

Some of the Old ones will get a nice new paint job and new Lights as a nice Refurbishment.The New floats include Sky High as a new Superhero Float as the High school is being saved by Will Stronghold Making it feel likes its flying. The Next new float is Saving Mr. Banks witch will have a clone of Walts Office as walt will be in it with Mary Poppins in the float all light up. Last is Tommorland witch will be all light up as its been growing with people.
I know that you're talking about about the Main Street Electrical Parade, but "Some of the Old ones" is rather vague. In the last refurbishment they updated the whole parade with new LED lights, however I'm sure after about eight years of these lights they can use a refurbishment. Also I think the paint would be nice, and now onto the floats!

I love Skyhigh definitively a favorite along with Sharkboy and Lavagirl while growing up :inlove: However I may feel nostalgia for this film, but this will be the next Pete's Dragon float as in general no one will know what it really is nor what it is based on. I think a float on Saving Mr Banks will be odd it doesn't scream float to me. Also Mary Poppins herself was never explicitly shown in the film. Also I love Tomorrowland as a film definitely my favorite film of last year. However while I love the idea of Tomorrowland being represented I don't see it happening as it was a commercial flop with Disney. Lastly there were some grammar and spelling errors.

I guess one of them could be - surprise, surprise - "Frozen". I'm surprised it hasn't gotten a section yet in the Dreamlights parade in Tokyo! They've done one for "Tangled", but not "Frozen".

Anyway, that's the first scene that would return. The second would be a revival of the Dumbo Circus scene. It will feature the music actually created for this scene but not used (from 9:26 to 11:34):

You did mention we could revive old scenes, didn't you? Maybe the third section to be introduced is "Moana". I have little knowledge about anything about it, though.

This seems a bit rushed, and rather unprofessional. I don't think you should include a sentence explicitly stating that you have no knowledge on something. Also you almost doubled thee amount of max sentences you have at eight sentences. Even ignoring the video you still broke a rule. However the concepts were good.

The Main Street Electrical Parade is a staple at Magic Kingdom, and it will receive some very much needed TLC. Every single light in the parade will be replaced with newer, energy efficient lights that still have a bright shine. Additionally, there will be a Frozen themed float with icy blue lights, and Anna and Elsa actors riding inside with a pupper Olaf on the roof. Last but not least, the American finale will receive a facelift and celebrate not only America, but the whole world, along with unity and peace.
I like the changes you made. Its hard to find something I don't like here, but I found a spelling mistake. Though it is more of a nitpick more than anything else.

The All New Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade - Coming to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in 2018

Imagineers at Walt Disney Imagineering have been hard at work in planning the nine month re-imagining of the Main Street Electrical Parade: an update that will bring the dated parade into the 21st century while still holding every bit of nostalgia and charm that it possesses today.
As part of the re-imagining, every light bulb in the parade will replaced with energy efficient LED lights, giving the parade a new, brighter look and all new costumes will be added to the parade equipped with LED lights that can be synchronized to the soundtrack (as opposed to the static lights on the costumes currently).
Finally, an all new unit will be added to the parade, themed around the iconic floating lantern scene from the 2012 animated hit Tangled. This new unit will light up the park each nice with hundreds of "floating" lanterns swirling around Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder as their romantic love story is told during the parade each night (these lanterns will actually be their own mini floats, each with about 10 lanterns).
As previously mentioned, Flynn and Rapunzel will ride in their own "boat" equipped with dazzling lights that will travel individually from the 10 units of 10 lanterns which slowly swirl, mix and move in unique patterns around the boat throughout the parade, creating a beautiful visual that will stun guests young and old alike.
Just to be clear your three additions are the new color changing LEDS for the parades and costumes along with the Tangled unit? I really like the concept of the light changing colors on the costumes. However your shining light is the Tangled unit. It sounds like it'll be extremely memorable, and a highlight for the parade.

The Main Street Electrical Parade has been given a bit of a refurbishment.
The Pinocchio sequence based on Pleasure Island has been removed, replaced by a sequence based on The Princess and the Frog. Three floats make up this bayou-themed sequence: a firefly-lit lily pad with Tiana and Prince Naveen, a large riverboat, and finally one featuring Louis the Alligator. In addition, several of the floats now have new lights installed, and the Mad Hatter and the March Hare now appear in the parade during its Alice in Wonderland-themed sequence.
Off the bat you broke a rule as you got rid of a float. However I loved your Princess and the Frog unit! The lineup for the unit it sounds great. I would love to see it happen in actuality. Also I like how you used a loophole to the no 20th century theme :) You didn't add a new float, but you added to an existing unit. So you technically didn't break a rule on that front.

The Main Street Electrical Parade has been given a complete overhaul, from updated lighting to entirely rebuilt floats replacing the tired out old floats. First up, in between the Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella units is a Tangled unit. Rapunzel's Tower soars high overhead as Rapunzel and Flynn wave to guests below. Lanterns float in front of and behind the tower. Next up, between the Snow White and Pinocchio is a Frozen unit, featuring Anna and Elsa dancing in Elsa's ice palace. Finally, the To Honor America unit has been converted into an It's A Small World unit, celebrating peace and every nation of the world,
Overall everything sounds fine, but I need to ask. Are you going to essentially bring back the it's a small world unit?

2 new units will be added to the Main Street Electrical Parade in 2017, in front of the Pinnochio unit. The first unit, themed to Frozen, will include Anna and Elsa waving from the top of Elsa's Ice Castle, with Olaf at the base, and Kristoff leading the way in his new sled. The second unit will be themed to Princess and the Frog, where Tiana and Naveen will be dancing to songs from the film, at the helm of a bayou themed float. There will also be a lily pad whirly, with Louis the alligator playing his trumpet on it. The final addition will be to the princess unit, where Rapunzel and Flynn will get to dance with the other princess'.
Overall I like the new units, but Im confused is the float similar in idea to Cinderella's or are Cinderella, Tiana, Elsa, and Rapunzel going into the one unit? Only asking since you said princess unit, and its a rather vague term.

The Mainstreet Electrical Parade is one of the greatest nighttime parades Disney has ever made, filling guests with feelings of nostalgia and excitement, though it could use a few changes/updates. First, all parades will receive replaced LED lights to allow the use of more modern lighting effects and make more refreshed floats. Secondly, because of the immense popularity, it is kind of necessary to have a grand Frozen float with a sparkling and glowing Ice Mountain scene. And lastly, this final addition will be a bit different as it is not really directly related to the floats themselves at all. Main Street, the new hub, and everywhere else the parade goes through will receive brand new LED and fiber optic lights lined along the buildings and roads that are unnoticeable during the day, but come alive, change colors, and add a whole new layer of magic to the parade atmosphere at night.
As I stated before they do have LEDs now. Out of everything I have seen so far from everyone's proposals the Main Street thing sounds the coolest looking. Looks don't always matter just look at the New Fantaslynad facades really nice, but their insides aren't the best per say. Wouldn't it be easier, and better for future usage to use projections? It would also lead to less construction which impacts tourist's vacation. So while I like the idea it seems impractical.

New lighting technology will be incorporated into all the existing and new floats.

Glow With The Show hats will be incorporated into MSEP but with a twist...the hats will now be the price of regular Mickey Ears making people more apt to purchase them and be part of the show.

The Main Street Electrical Parade will now pay tribute to those great attractions of the past that are sorely missed by many Disney fans. Three new floats will be added celebrating and honoring the memory of the three most discussed missing attractions at WDW: 20,000 Leagues, Horizons, and Alien Encounter.
Yes I love the idea of lowering the hat's insane price. It'll allows for more people to buy it, and a greater effect for the offerings at night. Now onto your float additions you were very bold with you choices. I love that you included 20K and I must say I love the idea. However I don't think Alien Encounter should be represented at all in the parade. It may frighten children, and it is simply absurd to announce that kids may not be able to watch a Disney parade due to the fact they could pee themselves. Lastly I',m not sure if Horizons really fits, but I can see the premise of it potentially working. Perhaps as a new finale?

Wherever you are, when you hear the auto-tuned announcement of "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls..." and the start of Baroque Hoedown, it is one of the strong nostalgic primers that instantly transports you to the Magic Kingdom at night for the Main Street Electrical Parade, which for its opening next year, will receive additions that will keep its classic persona, but also keep it fresh.

When the parade re-opened in 2010, many of the major floats got LED pixie dust upgrades, so instead of just adding new lighting, we will add three entirely new floats to the parade.

A celebration unit will be added after the Casey Jr unit, which will be used to showcase any celebrations throughout the year, such as the WDW 50th anniversary, or for guests celebrating birthdays to ride in the float, enabled via the MM+ technology when they enter the park.

Keeping with the requirement of 21st century films, one franchise that has stood the test of time and will fit in seamlessly with the classic Disney animated films is 2011's Winnie the Pooh, who will have a Hundred Acre Wood float featuring all the classic characters you know and love.

Lastly, there will be a Nautilus unit themed to 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, paid in tribute to the classic Fantasyland attraction, but also to the upcoming Disney film Captain Nemo as well.
First off Space I like that you included a float that can easily be changed adding a new flair and rewatchability to the parade. Good call! I like the fact you found a loophole by using the new Winnie the Pooh film. I think that with the Hundred Acre Woods float being cut from the Halloween parade this will be a fair Pooh fix. Finally we have your 20K unit. Everything sounded fine until you brought up the Captain Nemo film. We have no idea when it will be released, but I doubt it'll be in 2017. However Disneyland opened with Sleeping Beauty Castle in 1954, and that film came out in 1959 so I guess it'll work from a marketing stand point.

For my three changes, I would add a Big Hero 6 float, with a lit up version of Hiro's garage, change the Cheshire Cat on the Alice float to fiber optics as to add an appearing/disappearing effect, and add some sort of crane, which would be hidden by a flower or vine display, onto the Tinkerbell float as to make her balloon "float" around.
I'm surprised that was all one sentence. I would've preferred that you had upped the quality of it. The idea of a float being a garage is rather boring even with an IP attached to it. I think Big Hero 6 could translate well into a float, but this was not the way to go. Next questions is why change the Cheshire Cat? Is it not possible to have him disappear with his current lights? In fact this idea is so good, tht it is already implemented into the parade. Lastly I don't think it'll be practical to have crane lifting up a segment of a float. I also think anyone you slice or dice it the crane will not come off visually appealing. You would also essentially build a new float to accommodate the weight of crane. At the speed and probable cost it'll be better to just create a new float.

After a year of refurbishment, the Main Street Electrical parade is back and better than ever! The parade is modernized by adding the Mickey Mouse Paintbrush feature from Paint the Night, changing the light color of the float and the costumes of the characters. Speaking of lights, the entire parade is decked out in full LED lights.

Best of all, a Tron float is added, using Daft Punk's soundtrack and actual working light cycles to become the show-stopper of the parade.
The parade has LED lights already present. However I think that the paintbrush implantation would be rather cool. Tron sounds like a cool idea! While not a distinguishable film it is a well known for its appearance. Also bonus points for light cycles! I don't like that it seems that it sounds like your going to shove Daft Punk in there without having it matching it with the rest of the parade.

Well guys you did it! And while there were some projects that went over the limits, got rid of floats, and odd choices it was a good and fun challenge to see what you all come up with. Now the rankings.

1. spacemt354
2. RMichael21
3. Matt7187
4. IAmNotAHufflepuff
5. Flippin' Flounder
6. unkadug
7. IDInstitute
8. mickeyfan5534
9. Doodlyday
10. deere839
11T. Brer Panther
11T. mharrigton
13. MA Screamin'

Point Rankings

RMichael21 - 5
spacemt354 - 3
unkadug - 2
Matt 7187 - 2
MA Screamin' - 0
deeree839 - 0
Doodlyday - 0
mickeyfan5534 - 0
Brer Panther - 0
mharrigton - 0
IDInstitute - 0
Flippin'Flounder - 0
IAmNotAHufflepuff - 0

Look for the next challenge Thursday 3/17! Hope to see you all there! :D

RMichael21

Just to be clear your three additions are the new color changing LEDS for the parades and costumes along with the Tangled unit? I really like the concept of the light changing colors on the costumes. However your shining light is the Tangled unit. It sounds like it'll be extremely memorable, and a highlight for the parade.
Yes:
  1. New Lights
  2. New Costumes
  3. Tangled Unit

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 1 Part 3
Studio 81

Today we gather here at Disney's Hollywood Studios to welcome _____________. This new show will delight guests during the day at the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. While at night we celebrate dreams in the nighttime spectacular, Fantasmic!. So now we gather here today on the year 2020 to open up ______________.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

As you can tell by that very moving opening day speech this challenge is to describe a new show to play in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater during the day. This new show will be required to be anywhere from one to five sentences, and as a special treat I'm allowing the usage of one picture! The show will have to be based on an IP already owned by Disney. Some other restrictions
- No Star Wars
- No Toy Story
- No Muppets
- No Live-Action Marvel Films

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This is due Sunday 3/20/16 at 9:00 PM. Contestants I just hope that you shows find fame, fortune and glory! :D

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Also after April 4th 2016 here are some additional attractions closing in this timeline
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Wars : Path of the Jedi
- Walt One Man's Dream​

Last edited:

mharrington

Here's a fun one:

"Instant Concert - Just Add Water", in which Goofy conducts a concert, using only the water in the Amphitheater. It is based on the little side entertainment bit at the California Adventure. Here's a sample image of the show from DCA to give an idea of what it will be like:
6028fd23c81af09b6eaf8661a4696e18.jpg

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Performing live at the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater, comes an outdoor spectacular based on one of the greatest cartoons of all time and icon Mickey Mouses debut, Steamboat Willie.

SteamboatWillie.jpg

Taking place hourly during the day (weather providing). the show retells the story of Steamboat Willie through musical numbers, fountains, projections, and the Steamboat Willie boat from sister production Fantasmic!

Hopefully with the new show, Hollywood Studios will have more things to do and provide daytime activity for the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater.

Last edited:

RMichael21

The Hollywood Bowl: Extreme Stunt Show

Coming to the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater in Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2017 is an all new day-time show that allows park guests to experience high-thrill action sequences and exciting adventures! Due to the 2016 closing of Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, the park no longer has a large capacity stunt/action show to entertain guests. For this reason, in the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater will be transformed into the set of an intense action movie. Making use of the surrounding river and Fantasmic stage, the show will make use of intense rope swinging from the mountain, boat chases and more. In addition, the Fantasmic Fountains will also be used to create spectacular effects for this one-of-a-kind show.

Matt7187

Fantasia: The Live Spectacular will begin operations in May 2020 after extensive planning and design. This show will feature classic Fantasia sequences from both films such as The Sorcerors Apprentice, as well as a few new sequences meant exclusively for the show. This show fits right in with the theme of Sunset Boulevard, as the original Fantasia came out in the early 20th century, which is the same time frame Sunset Boulevard is set in. Using set pieces, actors, water, fire, and much more, you will not want to miss this extravagant spectacular on your next trip!

the-sorcerer-s-apprentice-o.gif

deere839

Coming to the Sunset Blvd in 2018 is Aladdin The Musical.This new Live Action show Will be using some New High Tech to ensure Safety.This Show will use some of your Favorite songs from the Movie and your Favorite Characters.Genie will have some new songs too for you and Guest to enjoy.There will also be a car in the show to take a select few guest to ride on a magical carpet ride.

Aladdin1.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom