Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Brer Panther

The Princess and the Frog: A Musical Spectacular finally brings one of Disney's most underrated movies to Walt Disney World. All of the songs from the film are here, as are a few original ones written by Randy Newman. Most of the characters in the show are played by live actors, with the exception of Louis (who works the same way as Lumiere, Cogsworth, ect. do in the current Beauty and the Beast show do now) and Ray (a puppet). Don't miss it!

Forgive the lack of a picture. I'm posting this from my iPad.

mickeyfan5534

rtm_graphic.jpg

Remember the Magic is a celebration of all things Walt Disney World in preparation for the Resort's 50th Anniversary. Recycled music and costumes from days gone by will tell the story of Walt Disney World from just the inkling on a piece paper all the way to the wonderful resort that stands to this day. Four parks, one dream, and breathtaking music and effects take you around the world in this magical, musical revue. That's what Remember the Magic is all about. The treasures and memories that will last a lifetime.

spacemt354

Chili's
R-0017_Rocketeer_The_quad_movie_poster_l.jpg

In keeping with the Disney IP requirement for the new Hollywood Hills Amphitheater show, one of the aspects I would like to see is the IP itself blend in with the late 1930s Art Deco/Hollywood theme. Therefore, an all new show entitled, The Rocketeer, based on the 1991 Disney film of the same name, will take its place in 2021.

The film is set in 1938 Los Angeles, California and follows a stunt pilot, Cliff Secord, who discovered a jet pack that allows him to fly, prompting the interest of other pilots and the FBI to battle overseas. This show will be able to combine the best of both worlds, since the reviews called the film "an airborne Indiana Jones", this show can be a combination of epic stunts and effects over the water and set (replacing the void left by Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular) and the songwriters from Finding Nemo: The Musical will be penning the script for the inclusion of new songs into a non-musical IP, to create an amazing visual and acoustic experience for guests.

Hopefully the inclusion of The Rocketeer will not only provide a great show, but will also tie together with the surrounding Sunset Boulevard landscape, as the costume design, sets, and posters will all blend in with the late 1930s Hollywood designs.

Last edited:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I'm going to sound a little bit like an idiot here, but is the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater where Fantasmic or Beauty and The Beast plays?

I know I already submitted mine, but there's submissions for both locations, so I just wanted to clarify.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm going to sound a little bit like an idiot here, but is the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater where Fantasmic or Beauty and The Beast plays?

I know I already submitted mine, but there's submissions for both locations, so I just wanted to clarify.
Ha...I just had that same realization....

Hopefully its Beauty and the Beast....if its Fantasmic...oh well:p I didn't know it had a name

tcool123

Original Poster

DinoInstitute

The Hollywood Hills amphitheater is a huge space, arguably wasted during the day as it can provide the space for a great mid-afternoon crowd eater. Now, a new show will come that celebrates classic Disney animation films and shorts. It will be like the brand new and very popular Short Film Festival at Epcot, except live action with more stunts and cool effects. Why does this topic of classic animation films and shorts make sense you may ask? Well, not only does this topic deserve more recognition in the parks all throughout, but among many possible IP's that csn make this show, this is one of the very few that actually can fit the theme of Sunset Boulevard and old-Hollywood.

Thanks!

Flippin'Flounder

Coming soon to the Hollywood Hills amphitheater is Will this Song Ever End? with the Stabbington Brothers. It will be a parody of the usual sing-a-long musicals found at Disney Parks™ across the globe, featuring songs such as Will this Song Ever End?, I Hear the Sounds, Mozart Knows Best, and I had a Dream. The show takes place in the Stabbington Brothers cell, as they go insane out of boredom.

Doodlyday

This new show would be based on "Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs". Riding on the back of the new mine train, this new show would recreate the story of the movie. The only major set change from the Fantasmic set would be the addition of Snow White's house. Pyrotechnics could be used in the witch's transformation, but the water would not be utilized.

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 1 Part 3 -
Studio 81

Here's a fun one:

"Instant Concert - Just Add Water", in which Goofy conducts a concert, using only the water in the Amphitheater. It is based on the little side entertainment bit at the California Adventure. Here's a sample image of the show from DCA to give an idea of what it will be like:
6028fd23c81af09b6eaf8661a4696e18.jpg
I like it however there are some major problems. This show is more of an impromptu performance, and doesn't drag in many big crowds. If the show were to take place at Echo lake I can see it work, but at the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater? So while I like the idea I fear it won't be a big draw. By the way great use of a picture :D

Performing live at the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater, comes an outdoor spectacular based on one of the greatest cartoons of all time and icon Mickey Mouses debut, Steamboat Willie.

SteamboatWillie.jpg

Taking place hourly during the day (weather providing). the show retells the story of Steamboat Willie through musical numbers, fountains, projections, and the Steamboat Willie boat from sister production Fantasmic!

Hopefully with the new show, Hollywood Studios will have more things to do and provide daytime activity for the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater.
While I like the basic premise I just can't see it work. The majority of the show would have to take place on the actual boat itself since the short is called Steamboat Willie. Secondly I don't think the projections would work outside at day especially in the Florida sun. So while I like the concept, logically I don't agree.

In a stroke of cross marketing genius, Disney has decided, after the success of AVATAR 2 and AVATAR 3, to cross market the Avatar IP to the Studios guest. A new Family Friendly show with a twist...instead of human looking actors all parts will be portrayed by Avatar inhabitants. Blue Man Group meets Saturday Morning cartoon lineup.
View attachment 134523
I wish you would've described the show a bit more instead of posting that it's Avatar based. Also Avatar 2 was just further pushed back so it may bmake the timing of the Avatar sequels off a bit. Lastly I don't see what Mr.Bean as a Na'vi adds to your presentation.

The Hollywood Bowl: Extreme Stunt Show

Coming to the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater in Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2017 is an all new day-time show that allows park guests to experience high-thrill action sequences and exciting adventures!
Due to the 2016 closing of Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, the park no longer has a large capacity stunt/action show to entertain guests.
For this reason, in the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater will be transformed into the set of an intense action movie.
Making use of the surrounding river and Fantasmic stage, the show will make use of intense rope swinging from the mountain, boat chases and more.
In addition, the Fantasmic Fountains will also be used to create spectacular effects for this one-of-a-kind show.
I don't really like LMA. I found it extremely lame. I wised that you would also move away from the studio aspect and more towards something that is very immersive.

Fantasia: The Live Spectacular will begin operations in May 2020 after extensive planning and design. This show will feature classic Fantasia sequences from both films such as The Sorcerors Apprentice, as well as a few new sequences meant exclusively for the show. This show fits right in with the theme of Sunset Boulevard, as the original Fantasia came out in the early 20th century, which is the same time frame Sunset Boulevard is set in. Using set pieces, actors, water, fire, and much more, you will not want to miss this extravagant spectacular on your next trip!

the-sorcerer-s-apprentice-o.gif
wThis sounds pretty fun actually. However I have a question, would there be a live orchestra? I also think the Sorcerer's Apprentice is by far the most famous scene you would've featured a different scene. Overall I think that this show could be really cool and fun, and will be a great addition to the park.

Coming to the Sunset Blvd in 2018 is Aladdin The Musical.This new Live Action show Will be using some New High Tech to ensure Safety.This Show will use some of your Favorite songs from the Movie and your Favorite Characters.Genie will have some new songs too for you and Guest to enjoy.There will also be a car in the show to take a select few guest to ride on a magical carpet ride.

Aladdin1.jpg
First off did you really have to mention it'll be live action and safe? I fell like this would be a given. I also think that you didn't need to mention anything about a car. I really don't see the point of it. I wish you would've talked about how the show will work in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. Overall I'm confused about this project, and I don't see it working at all in the location provided.

The Princess and the Frog: A Musical Spectacular finally brings one of Disney's most underrated movies to Walt Disney World. All of the songs from the film are here, as are a few original ones written by Randy Newman. Most of the characters in the show are played by live actors, with the exception of Louis (who works the same way as Lumiere, Cogsworth, ect. do in the current Beauty and the Beast show do now) and Ray (a puppet). Don't miss it!

Forgive the lack of a picture. I'm posting this from my iPad.
First off I love the Princess and the Frog! I even included a PATF show in my 15 year plan for WDW in TSI last year. However I don't see this show working in the amphitheater. Or at least the way you described, or rather lack of description. Also it's okay that you don't have a picture. It's not a requirement I'm just allowing it.

rtm_graphic.jpg

Remember the Magic is a celebration of all things Walt Disney World in preparation for the Resort's 50th Anniversary. Recycled music and costumes from days gone by will tell the story of Walt Disney World from just the inkling on a piece paper all the way to the wonderful resort that stands to this day. Four parks, one dream, and breathtaking music and effects take you around the world in this magical, musical revue. That's what Remember the Magic is all about. The treasures and memories that will last a lifetime.
First off I like the idea. However I wish you had a more original name as I'm pretty sure that is a name of a show at Disneyland. I don't think that you should've had a show celebrating all of WDW at DHS though. It sounds like World of Color : Celebrate which isn't the best thing ever.

R-0017_Rocketeer_The_quad_movie_poster_l.jpg

In keeping with the Disney IP requirement for the new Hollywood Hills Amphitheater show, one of the aspects I would like to see is the IP itself blend in with the late 1930s Art Deco/Hollywood theme. Therefore, an all new show entitled, The Rocketeer, based on the 1991 Disney film of the same name, will take its place in 2021.

The film is set in 1938 Los Angeles, California and follows a stunt pilot, Cliff Secord, who discovered a jet pack that allows him to fly, prompting the interest of other pilots and the FBI to battle overseas. This show will be able to combine the best of both worlds, since the reviews called the film "an airborne Indiana Jones", this show can be a combination of epic stunts and effects over the water and set (replacing the void left by Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular) and the songwriters from Finding Nemo: The Musical will be penning the script for the inclusion of new songs into a non-musical IP, to create an amazing visual and acoustic experience for guests.

Hopefully the inclusion of The Rocketeer will not only provide a great show, but will also tie together with the surrounding Sunset Boulevard landscape, as the costume design, sets, and posters will all blend in with the late 1930s Hollywood designs.

I know originally this was to be in the Theater of the Stars, but honestly I feel as this show could work in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater or Theater of the Stars. This sounds really cool, and is by far one of my favorite shows I have seen for this challenge. However I can't say i agree with making this a musical. This was also the closest thing to what I hinted at that I wanted. I hinted that I wanted Indiana Jones since he has a new film for 2019, and this show hypothetically opens in 2020 it'll allow for Indy to be put into the parks quickly.

The Hollywood Hills amphitheater is a huge space, arguably wasted during the day as it can provide the space for a great mid-afternoon crowd eater.
Now, a new show will come that celebrates classic Disney animation films and shorts.
It will be like the brand new and very popular Short Film Festival at Epcot, except live action with more stunts and cool effects.
Why does this topic of classic animation films and shorts make sense you may ask?
Well, not only does this topic deserve more recognition in the parks all throughout, but among many possible IP's that csn make this show, this is one of the very few that actually can fit the theme of Sunset Boulevard and old-Hollywood.

Thanks!
First off I wish you would've gone in a different direction that just making the shorts live. Also the Short Film Festival isn't very popular. I think there are plenty of shows that could've easily also fit in with the theme of old Hollywood as well.

Coming soon to the Hollywood Hills amphitheater is Will this Song Ever End? with the Stabbington Brothers. It will be a parody of the usual sing-a-long musicals found at Disney Parks™ across the globe, featuring songs such as Will this Song Ever End?, I Hear the Sounds, Mozart Knows Best, and I had a Dream. The show takes place in the Stabbington Brothers cell, as they go insane out of boredom.
I don't lie this show. While out of the box it may be too out there for audiences to enjoy. It also doesn't sound cool enough to justify using the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. It sounds like something that could replace VOTLM...

This new show would be based on "Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs". Riding on the back of the new mine train, this new show would recreate the story of the movie. The only major set change from the Fantasmic set would be the addition of Snow White's house. Pyrotechnics could be used in the witch's transformation, but the water would not be utilized.

I don't like the addition of Snow White's cottage, or actually it's the Seven Dwarf's cottage. I feel as if that would change the setting of Fanatsmic greatly as it is Mickey's dream. I also don't get what you mean on the back for a new mine train. Do you mean the ride at MK?

1. Matt7187
2. spacemt354
3.RMichael21
4. mickeyfan5534
5. IAmNotAHufflepuff
6. Brer Panther
7. Doodlyday
8. IDInstitute
9. Flippin' Flounder
10. mharrigton
11. unkadug
12. deere839
13. MA Screamin'

Point Rankings

RMichael21 - 6
spacemt354 - 5
Matt 7187 - 5
unkadug - 2
MA Screamin' - 0
deeree839 - 0
Doodlyday - 0
mickeyfan5534 - 0
Brer Panther - 0
mharrigton - 0
IDInstitute - 0
Flippin'Flounder - 0
IAmNotAHufflepuff - 0

Expect you last challenge* for this episode Thursday, 3/24/2016!
*unless there's a tie

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 1 Part 4
An African Adventure

Between Africa and Pandora : The World of Avatar there lies an expansion pad. Here you, the imagineers must come up with a proposal for a new attraction to be built here. Included with your submission is what the attraction is about, and why should your attraction be built. An image is optional. You may use any IP except for The Lion King or Avatar.

The expansion pad in question -

untitled-png.135193

The challenge is due Sunday, 3/27 at 9 PM

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom