Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

RMichael21

Moana's Oceania Exploration: An Interactive Polynesian Village Adventure

Based on the hit 2016 Disney animated feature Moana, Moana's Oceania Exploration is an all new interactive adventure set at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort along the Seven Seas Lagoon and throughout many notable locations around the grounds. Guests can pick up a packet in several places around the resort (the front desk, the concierge or two specialized stands for the experience) and inside they will find a map of the resort (complete with RFID capabilities) and images of various landmarks throughout the resort that they have to find and then locate various Tiki Idols near that spot. Once the guests have found their Idol and the idol has opened itself up (after detecting someone with a map within a small radius using the RFID technology) and the idol has revealed a phrase or word, they can search for the remaining locations and tiki statues. With all 8 phrases to piece together, they can bring a message to the two specialized stands throughout the resort and can receive a cool prize! This small, cost-effective addition will be a perfect placeholder until a proper E-Ticket Moana attraction can be added to the parks and will offer a nice diversion to guests and families of the resort (or resort-hoppers) as a notable experience away from the hustle and bustle of the theme parks!

Brer Panther

All right, here we go!

Moana is Disney's biggest hit since Frozen, so of course they're gonna want to cash in on it, even at the expense of a ride loved by millions. It was just announced on the Disney Parks Blog that, once construction on Animal Kingdom's new Zootopia attraction has been completed, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room at the Magic Kingdom will close to make way for a Moana-themed attraction. Like the nearby Pirates of the Caribbean, fans of the movie will board six-seated boats and join the Polynesian princess on a voyage in search of a fabled island. But that's not all - it was also announced that the nearby Aloha Isle will also be replaced, by (what else?) a gift shop selling Moana merchandise.

Doodlyday

My submission:

Something like "Moana's Beach Adventure", a simulator ride not dissimilar to the style of the Simpsons ride, with the large screen, where we go above and below the water to face conflict such as storms, large creatures, etc, until we reach the shore.

tcool123

Original Poster
Attention
@unkadug
@Matt7187
@spacemt354
@Flippin'Flounder
@IAmNotAHufflepuff
@PUSH
@IDInstitute
If your username appeared in that list it means that you have not posted your proposal involving the character Moana yet. In case you need a refresher on the challenge here it is -

Episode 1 Part 1 -

Aloha! As many of us know Disney will be releasing their new animated film Moana this year. Let's hypothesize that it will gross more than Frozen, and cause Moana fever. Your job is to find ways to insert things into the parks that can quench the need for Moana at Walt Disney World in any way possible. Except for one thing you can't add a meet and greet because that's a going to happen already since she's a princess. Now I want to hear all your wondrous ideas, but remember KIS!

This challenge is due 3/6/2016, Sunday! At 8:00 PM.

Could I be a substitute if any spaces open up?
I'm sorry but the way that it is structured it would be hard to let you in. Someone would need to drop out before today's due date, and you will need to post something by 8PM today. However if you still wish to play the next episode will be in May. I personally hope to see you there :D

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
@tcool123 if you are okay with it @MA Screamin' can have my spot. I have so much stuff going on and so many deadlines right now that I don't have time to focus on the contest, especially this first round!
It is okay with me. I do hope everything is fine. I also hope to see you sometime soon again in the One Sentence competition :D

@MA Screamin' you now have till 8 PM to turn in your proposal to involve Moana! Can't wait to see what you up your sleeve :D

PUSH

It is okay with me. I do hope everything is fine. I also hope to see you sometime soon again in the One Sentence competition :D

@MA Screamin' you now have till 8 PM to turn in your proposal to involve Moana! Can't wait to see what you up your sleeve :D
Everything is fine. I'm a college student and this semester has been by far my busiest yet. I might consider the next competition depending on how crazy my life is! Thanks!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Typhoon Lagoon will get a complete thematic overhaul to include Moana theming throughout the park, every aspect of the "typhoon" theme will be replaced with "Moana". A new interactive "Dark Ride" slide will showcase the characters from this new blockbuster film using state of the art technologies.

This will really put this water-park on the "Must See" map for all who visit the parks.

MA Screamin'

raw

Matt7187

After Moana's release, guests will be able to find Moana and co all throughout Adventureland. There will be a meet and greet, character dining in the Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen, and a takeover of the Enchanted Tiki Room, with new AA's and songs from the film. These additions will add new life to Adventureland and please every guest that comes.

MA Screamin'

_______

Episode 1, Part 1 Submission:
Frozen Fever? More like Moana Mania!

Guests have been begging for more experiences involving the world of Moana, so new seasonal and permanent attractions will be introduced across WDW starting in 2017! The beloved Jungle Cruise will feature an overlay for two special weeks in September called "Moana's Voyage;" skippers will become storytellers in Moana's tribe, who will tell the legends of the demigod Maui, as you travel to an island much like the one Moana traveled to. The Symphony in the Stars show at Hollywood Studios will also feature the beloved songs and score of the movie, while in the former American Idol building, "Moana's Village Celebration," where guests can become fully immersed in the world of Moana with a small quick-service eatery featuring Polynesian cuisine located in the building right across to a sing-along and dance party for younger guests who are fans. Along with the updated Tapestry of Nations parade in EPCOT, a new float starring the cast of Moana will join the procession, before construction on the Australia Pavilion and the "Story of Moana" dark-ride begins in 2019. The newly reinvigorated DisneyQuest will feature a new floor dedicated to the film, where guests can test their strength, wit, and courage, to see if they have what it takes to venture off with Moana on her next adventure.​

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 1 Part 1 Reviews -

The only viable thing I can think of beyond a meet-n-greet is using Moana as the theme for a character meal at the Polynesian Resort.
Would this be be replacing O'hana? Or would Moana be incorporated into their current character meal. If this were to be incoporated into O'hana would any of the current characters leave in order to accommodate Moana & Co? Lastly this was by the most realistic of things here, but it was also something I knew I would see with this challenge.

Moana's Winter Heat-Up, like Frozen Summer Fun, is an event in the wrong season at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Moana invites you to have fun in the winter cold with a sing-along and a parade and not much else. I'm very bitter if you can't tell.
Another realistic approach to involving Moana in the parks. However I do have a few questions. Where would the sing-a-long be located? Would the construction of Star Wars Land effect the parade seeing as how the route for parades exits to the left of Star Tours? I do wish that your finishing sentence wouldn't have been that you were bitter as it seems unprofessional.

Introducing Moana's to Epcot World Shockcase this new Attraction takes place in the new Australian pavilion.This new 3 min ride takes you on a adventure with Moana's. There is also a new daily show that lets you interact on the adventures with Moana.
I could see this work except for one thing the film takes place in the Polynesian Isles and not Australia. Unlike Moana can be used to educate people so shoehorning her in Australia wouldn't be necessary. Would the show be a musical ala Beauty and the Beast or an encounter ala Enchanted Tales? Also would the ride be a standard book report ride, or a new take on the story of Moana? Also shockcase isn't a thing.

Moana's Oceania Exploration: An Interactive Polynesian Village Adventure

Based on the hit 2016 Disney animated feature Moana, Moana's Oceania Exploration is an all new interactive adventure set at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort along the Seven Seas Lagoon and throughout many notable locations around the grounds. Guests can pick up a packet in several places around the resort (the front desk, the concierge or two specialized stands for the experience) and inside they will find a map of the resort (complete with RFID capabilities) and images of various landmarks throughout the resort that they have to find and then locate various Tiki Idols near that spot. Once the guests have found their Idol and the idol has opened itself up (after detecting someone with a map within a small radius using the RFID technology) and the idol has revealed a phrase or word, they can search for the remaining locations and tiki statues. With all 8 phrases to piece together, they can bring a message to the two specialized stands throughout the resort and can receive a cool prize! This small, cost-effective addition will be a perfect placeholder until a proper E-Ticket Moana attraction can be added to the parks and will offer a nice diversion to guests and families of the resort (or resort-hoppers) as a notable experience away from the hustle and bustle of the theme parks!
This is rather nice, but I still have a question. Would this involve the Magic Bands seen at WDW? I like that this sounds like fun, and you mention an E-Ticket is being built.

All right, here we go!

Moana is Disney's biggest hit since Frozen, so of course they're gonna want to cash in on it, even at the expense of a ride loved by millions.
It was just announced on the Disney Parks Blog that, once construction on Animal Kingdom's new Zootopia attraction has been completed, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room at the Magic Kingdom will close to make way for a Moana-themed attraction.
Like the nearby Pirates of the Caribbean, fans of the movie will board six-seated boats and join the Polynesian princess on a voyage in search of a fabled island.
But that's not all - it was also announced that the nearby Aloha Isle will also be replaced, by (what else?) a gift shop selling Moana merchandise.
Just as a note the All right, here we go! does count as a sentence. However with that included you have a total of five sentences. Now on to the content. What is holding you back is the fact that logistically there is no room for an elaborate boat ride ala POTC for where you want to build it. The Tiki Room has a rather small footprint, and it is pushed against various other buildings. This ride will also create even more traffic around this area which already as it is can be rather bad with the Carpets nearby. It would be tough to alone fit a boat ride here, but a gift shop plus the ride would be nearly impossible. You had the right idea, but perhaps the wrong location.

My submission:

Something like "Moana's Beach Adventure", a simulator ride not dissimilar to the style of the Simpsons ride, with the large screen, where we go above and below the water to face conflict such as storms, large creatures, etc, until we reach the shore.
Where would this be located? Magic Kingdom, the Studios, Animal Kingdom, Epcot? I also worry about sight lines how would you be able to hide a three story (or more) building at a Disney park without it being visible elsewhere in the park? The name also doesn't really fit the ride as it isn't an adventure on the beach, but rather an adventure at sea.

Typhoon Lagoon will get a complete thematic overhaul to include Moana theming throughout the park, every aspect of the "typhoon" theme will be replaced with "Moana". A new interactive "Dark Ride" slide will showcase the characters from this new blockbuster film using state of the art technologies.

This will really put this water-park on the "Must See" map for all who visit the parks.
Would Typhoon Lagoon really need a retheme? It already has a Polynesian jungle vibe to it. However I do like the idea of a dark ride slide which is rather creative.

After Moana's release, guests will be able to find Moana and co all throughout Adventureland. There will be a meet and greet, character dining in the Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen, and a takeover of the Enchanted Tiki Room, with new AA's and songs from the film. These additions will add new life to Adventureland and please every guest that comes.
I will have to take off a point as I said to not mention a meet and greet in the prompt. I don't think Character Dining with Moana will work at the Canteen unless you plan to completely retheme the place as the restaurant has a setting of the Amazon to match the Jungle Cruise. However a character dining does seem rather realistic. I'm more interested in the Tiki Room overhaul will it include Moana in animatronic form? Or would it be her pig and rooster talking and everyone with the old and new sing songs from the film?

_______

Episode 1, Part 1 Submission:
Frozen Fever? More like Moana Mania!

Guests have been begging for more experiences involving the world of Moana, so new seasonal and permanent attractions will be introduced across WDW starting in 2017!
The beloved Jungle Cruise will feature an overlay for two special weeks in September called "Moana's Voyage;" skippers will become storytellers in Moana's tribe, who will tell the legends of the demigod Maui, as you travel to an island much like the one Moana traveled to.
The Symphony in the Stars show at Hollywood Studios will also feature the beloved songs and score of the movie, while in the former American Idol building, "Moana's Village Celebration," where guests can become fully immersed in the world of Moana with a small quick-service eatery featuring Polynesian cuisine located in the building right across to a sing-along and dance party for younger guests who are fans.
Along with the updated Tapestry of Nations parade in EPCOT, a new float starring the cast of Moana will join the procession, before construction on the Australia Pavilion and the "Story of Moana" dark-ride begins in 2019.
The newly reinvigorated DisneyQuest will feature a new floor dedicated to the film, where guests can test their strength, wit, and courage, to see if they have what it takes to venture off with Moana on her next adventure.
I like that title, mind if I borrow it? Again how does the Jungle Cruise fit with Moana? One takes place in the Amazon, and the other in Polynesia. I also think it should last longer than just two weeks as that seems like a rather short time. The Symphony in the Stars is being replaced with a new Star Wars based nighttime spectacular, but even if it wasn't it wouldn't fit the theme. As the show is based on exclusively Star Wars, but if you add Moana it'll become an odd show incorporating both Star Wars and Moana. The former American Idol building is housing the Frozen show which is still popular, and I doubt it'll be replaced soon. A better location would've been Sunset Showcase. Also the wording is a bit strange is the building now a QS? Or is it the show, dance party, and QS? Again Moana doesn't take place in Australia but rather Polynesia. Also DisneyQuest is set to close I believe this year so Moana going in there seems highly unlikely.

In 2017 a Moana kids zone will be added to the Polynesian Resort, as an addition to their main pool, providing an activity zone for all to enjoy.
I worry about this option. To me I would think there would be complains similar to the Tangled Toilets. I feel like people would want more than just a playground at the pool.

Now here comes the rankings for this round!

Challenge Rankings

1. RMichael21
2. unkadug
3. Matt 7187
4. MA Screamin'
5. deeree839
6. Doodlyday
7. mickeyfan5534
8. Brer Panther
9. spacemt354
10. mharrigton
11T. IDInstitute
11T. Flippin'Flounder
11T. IAmNotAHufflepuff

Point Rankings

RMichael21 - 3
unkadug - 2
Matt 7187 - 1
MA Screamin' - 0
deeree839 - 0
Doodlyday - 0
mickeyfan5534 - 0
Brer Panther - 0
spacemt354 - 0
mharrigton - 0
IDInstitute - 0
Flippin'Flounder - 0
IAmNotAHufflepuff - 0

Come again next time for Episode 1 Part 2 on Thursday 3/10/16! :D

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 1 Part 2 -
45 Light Years!

Welcome contestants to another thrilling installment of the One Sentence Competition! In the last part of this episode we saw Moana Mania conquer everyone's Frozen Fever. We saw RMichael21 turn in the winning project having guests go on a Polynesian adventure with Moana at the Polynesian Village Resort. In second and third place were unkadug and Matt7187 respectively. Those three now have points, and are in the lead. Not all is lost as the winner of this challenge will receive three points! Now onto the challenge itself!

You are all tasked by Walt Disney Imagineering to come up with a description for three changes to the classic Main Street Electrical Parade to debut next year. It can be anything to updated lighting to new floats. However I must set some boundaries you may remove none of the current floats, but you can bring back past ones. Lastly there are some float theme limitations.
- No Pixar
- No Lucas Film
- No Marvel
- If using a film for a float film must be from the 21st Century

Now here's some listening music for your enjoyment -

The challenge is due, Sunday 3/13/16 at 8 PM.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Episode 1 Part 2 -
45 Light Years!

Welcome contestants to another thrilling installment of the One Sentence Competition! In the last part of this episode we saw Moana Mania conquer everyone's Frozen Fever. We saw RMichael21 turn in the winning project having guests go on a Polynesian adventure with Moana at the Polynesian Village Resort. In second and third place were unkadug and Matt7187 respectively. Those three now have points, and are in the lead. Not all is lost as the winner of this challenge will receive three points! Now onto the challenge itself!

You are all tasked by Walt Disney Imagineering to come up with a description for three changes to the classic Main Street Electrical Parade to debut next year. It can be anything to updated lighting to new floats. However I must set some boundaries you may remove none of the current floats, but you can bring back past ones. You may not use any Pixar, Marvel,or LucasFilm property in the parade. Lastly if you are to add a float it must be based on film released sometime in the 21st century. That is all.

Now here's some listening music for your enjoyment -

What day is it due?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom