Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Trump Tower

Trump_International_Hotel_and_Tower_(Chicago)_-_DSC09402.JPG

Opening sometime in the next decade is the next big thing, Trump Tower. Much like before guests board an elevator inside the Trump Tower which was built on an ancient burial site of some dingy old hotel. Guests will drop randomly while hearing Donald J Trump telling us some great advice like : "Don't trust those bad hombres", "She's a nasty woman", "I'm building a wall at the Mexico Pavilion, and there going to pay for it", and my personal favorite "Hold on, this drop is going to be YUUUGE!". At the end of the ride guests are allowed to shop Trumpington, here guests can get an orange spraytan and have a faux squirrel tail wig painted a blondeish color.

Trump_Tower_-_after_christmas.jpg

During the holidays a yuge Christmas tree is put in front of the hotel. While on the ride Trump will say some new Holiday themed quotes like : "Merry Christmas, ho ho ho", and "This Christmas drop is going to be YUUUUGE!".

(If I don't win this challenge then this competition is obviously rigged, along with this website, this prompt, and the internet :rolleyes::p)​
Well, this is the first post, and my first judging of anything on the WDWMagic Forums, so that's big in itself. I really liked that you used a very popular person (he's talked about in over half of the headlines). Though thematically, it doesn't mesh with Sunset Boulevard very well, but I gotta say, from a comedy standpoint this is solid! Overall great job!:D

Daveeeeed

The Hollywood Tower Hotel
313fed6a10cc34c75bf4936823d6a0f7.jpg

With the news of the Twilight Zone contract with CBS not being renewed and the Board of Directors pushing to overlay the Tower of Terror as a Frozen Ice Castle, we've come up with a sensible solution to combat the loss of the Twilight Zone IP, while maintaining a solid story-line, and keeping costs of overlays relatively low.

The Hollywood Tower Hotel will be the new attraction at the end of Sunset Boulevard, taking on similar vibes to the prior rendition, however with a more "haunting" facelift and an upgraded narrative. The emphasis on this story will be on Sally Shine, a child movie star, and the other passengers aboard the elevator that crashed in 1939. In this edition, you must race to the tip top club and break the curse on the tower. This will still be a drop-tower attraction, however in the drop elevator shafts will be new projection technology that furthers the narrative more than just going up and down on a thrill ride.​
I like this, it's simple, but it keeps what works about the Tower of Terror. And works well it does! The updated technology and the story (which is great btw) I'm sure would work very well for an attraction at Hollywood Studios.

Daveeeeed

Hollywood Hills
States_california-hollywood-sign-E.jpeg

Replacing the Tower of Terror will be a replica of the Hollywood Hills mountains with the Hollywood sign promptly on the front. With Rock n Roller Coaster next door, the attraction will be another coaster, but this time a flying coaster, adding more thrills to that area of the park.
cc.jpg

The premise of the attraction would be that you are filming a stunt for a movie, and you are the stunt team flying around the Hollywood Hills to get the best shot for the film.
Love the idea of having The Hollywood Hills overlook Sunset Boulevard! And to be honest, having two coasters over there is not bad, because there would be a deficit of thrill rides at the park without the Tower. My biggest critique would be using filming as the ride's premise as the park is distancing itself from the "filming side." I did wonder though if the coaster itself would be visible from Sunset Boulevard as if it does theming might be an issue. Overall good job as I expected from you.:)

Daveeeeed

California Screechin'
For-Your-Eyes-Only-Car-Chase-james-bond-34124700-1200-800.jpg

Using Test Track technology, you ride in cars through the streets of Los Angeles in the 1930s in an epic car chase. Themed after classic car chases, the ride will be a dark ride and a thrill ride similar to Test Track, however incorporating real scenery around you such as grass, roads, hills, trees and more, to make the experience feel realistic.

Holiday Overlay:

For the holidays, there will be a walk through path that will be a replacement for the Osborne Lights, and all the trees and scenery will be decorated for Christmas with fake snow falling and on the ground.
christmas-lights_7-beautiful-christmas-photos.jpg

Funny how you and @SplashZander submitted at the same time, and with the same technology:hilarious: Both of you did great, so this is going to be close. I like how it's based on a chase, that would make for a great ride! And I love the nod to The Osborne Lights.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

The ride will be replaced with a great depression-themed fast ride that is all inside.
The vehicle will be as shown in the picture, but instead of being a car it will be a TestTrack-type vehicle.
View attachment 172523
You will start off casually driving along a street during the great depression, soon after you enter a factory similar to the one seen below.
View attachment 172525
You hear two men chatter about losing two more employees to machines, and how employees are starting to revolt but have fallen short due to food not being supplied on their table.
Suddenly a door is kicked in from behind and gangsters storm in guns blazing, you speed away and are chased by cars up a mountain (similar technology as radiator springs) and to end it you fall down a 40 ft drop and you (J.P. Morgan) dies, and the ending scene (your funeral) people cheer.

Holiday Overlay : The streets are lined with Christmas lights and a wasted Santa Clause is draped across the street. People in the factories are complaining about the lack of funds for food let alone gifts. The gangsters wear a Santa hat, and one of them screams Merry Christmas while shooting.
Like I said to @CraniumCommand89 this is a tough one, and you guys both did great! I liked the deeper story here, but I was confused as to why you were in a factory if you were casually driving, maybe it was to hide from the gangsters? I really liked the drop idea, I feel like without the Tower that would be great to have. I don't exactly know why J.P. Morgan was in the car and dies, and why people cheer at the funeral. I guess because J.P. Morgan took advantage of people. I like the Christmas overlay a lot, theming throughout the ride cannot only be funny but can work very well. Great job, especially for your first competition ever! It's going to be a tough decision between you guys.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

Well, this is the first post, and my first judging of anything on the WDWMagic Forums, so that's big in itself. I really liked that you used a very popular person (he's talked about in over half of the headlines). Though thematically, it doesn't mesh with Sunset Boulevard very well, but I gotta say, from a comedy standpoint this is solid! Overall great job!:D
THIS ELECTION IS RIGGED! I told you it was rigged, if it wasn't rigged I would have won!

kmbmw777

No worries! If you'd like while I finish up judging you can submit one if you'd like.

The Airfield

kallang-airport-circa-1950-national-archives-of-singapore.jpg

This dark ride allows guests to board an individual plane, seating two, and fly through various scenes depicting important milestones in the field of aviation. The vehicles are elevated (after the boarding) into the air, much like Peter Pan’s Flight.

From happy events like Wright Brothers and commercial airline development, to sad events like 9/11 and WWII, this attraction highlights all sides of the field, with a final scene of the aircraft flying above a globe.

For the holidays, the take-off scene is rethemed to Santa’s workshop

(PS: Sorry about the lateness)​

Daveeeeed

Cineventure — Starring YOU!
View attachment 172700
New ride technology meets old-fashioned thrills that put you at the center of the action at Disney Hollywood Studios' newest attraction. This ride uses sophisticated digital motion-capture technology for guests to participate in scenes of an original mini-movie AND interact with famous Hollywood actors along the way. Through the elaborate preshow and queue, guests in groups of six will select a genre (romance, action, horror, sci-fi) and receive instructions from a VR "director" as they act out their roles. Guests will then board LPS ride vehicles that will take them through the show scenes, which will differ depending on what kind of adventure they select, including "acting" with each other and other characters. The "mini-movie" will be recorded as part of guest's photo passes for viewing later.

EDIT to add holiday overlay: Since the offerings are largely digital, it will be easy to create both Halloween and Holiday-themed "limited engagement" movies for guests to interact with.
I must say, smart proposal! Customization of an experience, as in, selecting your experience is something that you rarely see in theme parks, but should be featured more. It avoids using the studio aspect of the park in a way like The Great Movie Ride where you are in the movies instead of just watching them get made like the Backlot Tour, so it fits the park's new direction nicely. One issue that I have with this is the "Spaceship Earth effect," a.k.a. the photo they take of you being on many occasions, very odd, but let's assume you found a workaround with new technology. Nice work!

Daveeeeed

Star Search!View attachment 172754
To retain the buildup of Sunset Boulevard, a replica of the Griffith observatory, perched atop a showbuilding disguised as a part of the Hollywood Hills, can be found, which is home to the newest Walt Disney World attraction, Star Search! where through Innovative ride technologies, guests will be fully immersed in an epic storyline. Guests initially climb a series of switch back trails to scale the Hollywood Hills (showbuilding) where the Griffith observatory awaits them, and inside the preshow and a ride experience of a lifetime, which begins in one of two circular observatories. Once guests are seated, a basic astronomy show begins, before the sky projections soon portray a blank computer screen, when a narrarator begins that they are training to become members of the Astronomer's Club at the Griffith observatory, as all of the benches load into a hidden chamber below. From here, guests exit their benches and board onto a unique immunized, where guests move from chamber to chamber to meet other club members, and see what they do, such as a construct telescopes, until the captain deems you fit to join. You soon ride through an enormous induction ceremony, where the Induction song can be heard, before exiting at the base of the building.

During Halloween, the attraction becomes "Haunting at the Observatory", where the chamber is due to the supernatural, and you are helping to investigate. In the end, the induction song is replaced by the victory song, as you have successfully captured the spooks, and sent them back to the Ghost Galaxy.
Well done! Took a very different approach than I expected, and I think it paid off. I feel like preshows are important for rides, and I'm glad you included it and I could picture it! I wish you would've also included a minor adventure aspect too, as I loved the buildup where you see people construct telescopes, but I feel like then it abruptly ends with the induction ceremony. I liked that you included an induction song; could potentially be close to a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow caliber. Love the Holiday overlay for this one, could be done very very well if done right. Great proposal!

Daveeeeed

Tinsel Town Trolley

One of the strangest design choices ever at Disney's Hollywood Studios is also something that is the most overlooked, the trolley tracks embedded in Sunset Blvd that lead nowhere.
Red%20Car%2006.jpg

Now, guests following the tracks will find the Tinsel Town Trolley garage at the end of the Blvd, where they will see two massive doors with a trolley car in the doorway, before boarding a trolley for a thrilling, simulator tour of Hollywood.
Red+Car+garage.JPG

The tour starts out normally, rolling through the streets, occasionally seeing the stars of stage, screen, and television, but this gentle trolley starts to run away, speeding past famous landmarks, tilting around bends, and ultimately coming to a screeching halt back at the garage.

For the Halloween overlay, the trolley will take a tour of haunted Hollywood and guests will even see lightening strike the Hollywood Tower Hotel (a nod to the original attraction).

Christmas is a magical time for Tinsel Town Trolley and the ride will take guests through the decorated streets of Hollywood with snow gently falling from the skies. The sound of jingling bells heralds the arrival of the big man himself to wish the guests a Merry Christmas.
I agree! I've thought that for a long time:D Good job, this is truly an attraction that I can see Disney building, and it fits perfectly with the land. You said a thrilling simulator tour, you may or may not be referring to an EMV, but either way, I feel like this ride technology is criminally underused by Disney, and would work great in the land. Holiday overlay is good, and the nod to the tower is great! Props to you, great job!

Daveeeeed

The Airfield

kallang-airport-circa-1950-national-archives-of-singapore.jpg

This dark ride allows guests to board an individual plane, seating two, and fly through various scenes depicting important milestones in the field of aviation. The vehicles are elevated (after the boarding) into the air, much like Peter Pan’s Flight.

From happy events like Wright Brothers and commercial airline development, to sad events like 9/11 and WWII, this attraction highlights all sides of the field, with a final scene of the aircraft flying above a globe.

For the holidays, the take-off scene is rethemed to Santa’s workshop

(PS: Sorry about the lateness)​
This is the first round, so no problem! I'm glad that you could submit a proposal. I feel like a dark ride is something this park needs badly. I love that it goes over the history of aviation, although 9/11 is controversial, it is important to learn from mistakes so I feel like this would in fact work. My biggest critique would be the capacity, but I'm glad that you mentioned it as it gives a better idea of the attraction. Solid proposal, even with it being last minute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom