Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

FigmentPigments

The Ocean

Next to Dinoland U.S.A. will be a look back a prehistoric creatures of the deep, as well as mythical stops along the way. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea is removed from the Magic Kingdom and placed in this new land, along with a dark ride through the ocean to explore its different regions.
:banghead: There goes my idea. Should've been quicker. ;)

Tony the Tigger

To give back to all of you - for your own creative ideas - there is a bonus challenge as well. The bonus challenge can be anything you want. You make up the concept - and submit it. You can submit it before Saturday, or you can submit it whenever you have time during our break, just to give you total control and flexibility over a concept you may have - and also to keep us coming back to the One Sentence Contest and having fun reading each other's concepts!:D

Let's end this on a high note!:geek:

I think I'll save it for the break - when is the break over? LOL (because you know I'll submit it the night before) :oops:

FigmentPigments

The Polar Ice

full

In 1998, Animal Kingdom has a plethora of animals ranging from some of the largest land animals, to the most agile of birds, to the smallest of insects, but these are all warm weather representations of the animal kingdom and therefore a gaping hole needs to be filled and that is what this new land, The Polar Ice, will do with an E Ticket ride, a dark ride, 1 table service venue, 1 quick service location, several snack carts, a walking experience with no less than 12 animal exhibits, and will also emphasize the melting polar regions and how that is effecting the wildlife there and what we can do to help.

Guests will enter an international research facility and be greeted by large windows and an overhead dome (screens) that show the frozen tundra outside with snow storms and animals wandering by before heading to either of the feature attractions: Kotick’s Quest, a dark ride that retells the story of the white seal’s adventures to find a new home for the seals away from greedy and uncaring men or to the E ticket ride through the wonders of the frozen north pass towering glaciers that calve practically on top of guests, to underground ice caverns, down rushing rivers between converging glaciers, and ending under the aurora borealis among the native wildlife.

Tundra Trek will take guests “outside” to explore the wildlife of both the arctic and Antarctic ice fields featuring otters, wolverines, foxes, wolves, caribou, reindeer, musk ox, before diving below to view the underwater exhibits of the beluga whales, polar bears, walruses, several species of seals, and varying types of penguins and puffins; and while the majority of the animal exhibits will be indoors to accommodate the cold temperatures (which guests will certainly appreciate during the hotter days), some exhibits (polar bears, beluga whales, and certain penguins) will have both indoor and outdoor enclosures with connecting spaces to allow the animals the freedom of movement from outdoor to indoor as they desire.

Of the dinning locations, the quick service location is modeled after the researcher’s cafeteria complete with long lunch tables where everyone can sit together (to conserve heat) and view migration charts of the polar animals, photographs and identification of the many glaciers, and other small details that show this facility is lived in, but the table service is located “outside” where guests enter through an ice tunnel and are lead to one of several different rooms that each have its own entertainment (the aurora borealis shines overhead, a glacier calves, or ancient cave paintings come to life to name a few).

After a filling meal, guests can wander into the heart of the research facility to see scientific side of the polar ice caps through interactive exhibits, short films, and stories to help bring the issue of the melting ice caps to the forefront and accent the importance of this eroding environment to the many majestic animals that call the polar ice caps home.

tcool123

Original Poster
Prompt 8 - October 1999

The Old World -

EU-2010-1721.jpg

Instead of being based off a continent, the newest land to Animal Kingdom would be based off a specific time period; specifically the medieval ages where guests would be able to visit a medieval village thrown into the middle of a magical forest surrounded by mythical beasts.
There will be two attractions: The Quest for the Unicorn, is an engaging dark ride where riders are set on a quest to find the last unicorn; the other attraction is an indoor roller coaster known as Wrath of the Dragon, where guests will be chased by a vicious fire breathing dragon all the while going through inversions and steep drops.
There will be two restaurants, and three shops; each of those locations will be in the main village while the two attractions are in a woods type setting, within these woods will be various mythical animals on different trails to really immerse the guests.

Flash Forward 2005: Thanks to an agreement between JK Rowling and Michael Eisner, The Old World will become a land based the Wizarding World of Harry Potter; the village will be expanded and remade to look like Hogsmeade, and the woods will become the Forbidden Forest.
The Quest for the Unicorn will become a ride where guests take Care of Magical Creatures in which guests which guests will journey with Hagrid deeper into the forest as they experience magical beasts; Wrath of the Dragon will be turned into a ride where guests are drawn into the Tri-Wizard tournamet and must face the Dragon Challenge; lastly guests will be able to ride an interactive ride where, using there very own wands will use magic spells to fight off dementors, death eaters, spiders, and many more sinister beings!​

FigmentPigments

Bonus - Curse of the Lost Civilization
full

This season we have designed a hotel, enhanced a water park, redesigned a restaurant, and added new features to each of the theme parks and all that’s left is Disney Springs which is where Curse of the Lost Civilization will be station (replacing the outdated Disney Quest)to give guests the first truly immersive, interactive experience in Disney’s history.

The time is currently in the early 1930’s, guests enter into this self-contained facility in groups where they are led into one of three rooms where they are shown (using a projector and cast member exposition) the story of Lucy Venture, a member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, who has discovered this lost civilization, but who has also disappeared under mysterious circumstances, and it is your task not only to find Venture but also solve the mystery of what happened to the lost civilization before history is doomed to repeat itself by completing six quests (each increasing harder than the last).

After this introduction, a secret panel opens up into Base Camp Alpha where you receive a map to navigate six floors of towering ancient walls, secret passage ways, confusing mazes in your search to decode ancient languages, find forbidden treasure, and break the curse, but be warned: you will need all of your cunning to decipher this tale.

Through notes left behind Venture and her colleagues, guests will comb through the Well of Wisdom, the Cavern of Curiosity, the Maze of Perseverance, the Chamber of Creativity, the Valley of Risk, and the Temple of Knowledge to find the clues left behind by the lost people, but make sure to leave no stone unturned for every symbol etched into the wall, every journal entry, every marking, and even the stars above means something even if it’s not immediately recognizable.

This experience will be the pinnacle of Disney detail that guests have come to expect from the Disney brand, combining great characters into a multi-layered story that will keep guests coming back for years to keep solving these challenges because unlike other Disney experiences, the higher the quest number, the more complex the reasoning and problem solving needed to complete the riddles, physical sequences, and puzzles; and the prize-not only finding Venture and breaking the curse, but an honorary membership into the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.

tcool123

Original Poster
Bonus (2021+) - Festivals and Concerts

DSC06452.JPG

In the quest to bring more people to Disney Springs, Disney has decided to move the Flower and Garden Festival along with the Food and Wine Festival to Disney Springs.
With the storyline for both festivals that the people of Disney Springs have been inspired, and are putting up a festival celebrating their culture and heritage.
DisneyQuest will be bulldozed, and in its place a large concert venue similar to the one that Universal has built.
Throughout the year Disney will offer guests opportunities to see concerts for free; some of these opportunists may be on holidays or on weekends during the festivals.
When the venue is not going to be used or prepped for a concert, a large screen is put up, and every Friday night a Disney movie will play for free!

spacemt354

Chili's
First review!
The Pride Lands
View attachment 162082
A brand new land based on the very popular Lion King is located right next to Africa. The center piece of the land is pride rock inside is Simba's Journey a water ride like pirates telling the story of Simba. near the entrance of the land is the relocated Festival of the Lion King. The main feature for thrill seekers is The Elephant Graveyard a suspended high speed coaster around green lava and elephant bones. Adding a total of 2 E ticket attractions and 5 animal exhibits it is a great expansion of Animal Kingdom.
Great work, Dlp - this would be a pretty neat addition and would make sense adding a family friendly addition to Animal Kingdom and at the time, would extend the savanna feel of DAK.

Really like the suspended coaster through the graveyard - it's like what the Dragon coaster was supposed to be. I think DAK needs a coaster and especially during its first few years. A great way to end the contest, nice job!

spacemt354

Chili's
View attachment 162083

This new, highly immersive area called Fairytale Forest (sponsored by the National Parks Service), themed to an enchanted North American forest where a magical butterfly's enchanting powers recreate favorite storybook scenes, will be located in what was originally destined to become Camp Minnie-Mickey, creating a family oriented area with a large scale dark ride, a flume ride, a magical table service eatery, and an enchanting atmosphere that will become a staple in Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
The primary attraction named, "Quest for the Enchanted Butterfly" will have guests board park ranger jeeps as they follow an enchanted butterfly, whose pixie dust like magic transports guests into favorite woodland fairytales and stories, such as a Bambi and The Fox and the Hound, and classics like The Three Little Pigs and Little Red Riding Hood, as they come to life via animatronic scenes and fiber optic effects to make an awe-inspiring experience.
The C-Ticket attraction entitled "Just Around the Riverbend", is an indoor, log flume ride themed to Pocahontas's journey, that provides ground-breaking projection effects, mild family thrills, and mystical visuals that transport you to the native village and over the waterfalls in a thrilling experience fit for all ages.
The Grapevine is a magical table service eatery where guests can dine under a dense tree canopy where the dining room comes to life with fiber-optic effects and dramatic lighting in addition to projection effects that make this a unique and immersive dining experience that is a must do for all families.
The tall Redwood and Sequoia trees that surround guests in this enchanting forest come to life at night with dramatic lighting, in addition to creating an iconic atmosphere that families will treasure for years to come in Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

Very well done I like the tie in to the National Park Service, that was a cool touch. In addition I enjoy the immersive themes of the environment, in particular the Redwood forest feel (somewhere I've always wanted to go).

I like the mix of E ticket and C-ticket as well, as it addresses two key needs of Animal Kingdom. Overall, solid work Magic Feather and congratulations on finishing your first ever competition in style!

spacemt354

Chili's
My bonus challenge: Develop an "elevator pitch" for re-purposing the “Leave a Legacy” monuments at Epcot.

legacy

Dreamer’s Workshop: The Legacy of Disney Imagineering

In 1999, WDW offered guests the opportunity to “Leave a Legacy” on granite megaliths in front of Spaceship Earth at Epcot, under an agreement permitting an eventual moving of them. I’m suggesting relocating them to the entry of a NEW Future World pavilion (located between The Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends) called Dreamer’s Workshop: The Legacy of Disney Imagineering – a walk-through experience, filled with exhibits/videos from former Epcot attractions, thus allowing us to re-experience those memories we all loved while at the same time celebrating the work of Disney Imagineers. Enter the pavilion listening to the music of Epcot Center, as we walk past a full-scale mock-up of the desert farm from Horizons and smell the oranges (deep breath), then view Horizons' Omnimax movie, behold the Magic Palette from the original Journey Into Imaginations, walk past vignettes from World of Motion, or watch Kitchen Kabaret’s Veggies and Fruits strut their stuff. Wouldn't it be great to board “hydrolators” once again, or pass through Imagination’s rainbow light corridor, on our way to watching videos of the opening from The Living Seas, or Ellen competing on Energy Jeopardy? Finally, interspersed throughout the pavilion are models, plans and renderings from the original Epcot designs, in further celebration of Walt Disney Imagineers.
As I had told you before - two thumbs way up for this idea. This is gold. I would love to see this become reality. 10/10!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
petstacular

Petstacular

Let’s face it, many of us leave our own “animal kingdom” behind in the form of our pets when we visit Walt Disney World, so a big part of trip planning is arranging for the kennel or a sitter, which makes us think about those “other” members of our family when we vacation (who hasn’t pointed at those gophers popping their heads up in the Living With The Land boat ride because they remind you of the family cat or dog?). “Petstacular,” the newest land in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, will grab the hearts and imagination of guests starting with great gift shops devoted entirely to pampering the family pet, including toys, collars, Mickey ears, treats, Disney-themed carriers, and a place where ooos, ahhhs and chuckles can be heard throughout the land. Meanwhile, a musical stage show hosted by Pluto and Marie from The Aritstocats, reminds us in song and dance how adorable they are, and just when we’re missing our furry creatures the most, Cruella DeVille makes an appearance putting our animal friends in jeopardy before a little Disney Magic saves the day. At “Going to the Dogs.” the land’s quick service dining spot, guests are served their grub in “Rover” style pet dishes, and cookies are in the shape of dog biscuits (hey, if people can get excited at the prospect of blue milk and galactic delicacies for Star Wars Land, why not?). Last, but not least, our E-ticket attraction, dubbed “Animal House,” owes its inspiration to the Haunted Mansion and Toy Story, as guests enter through the façade of a giant dog house and board omnimover ride vehicles in the shape of a comfy easy chair for a whimsical journey “back home” to see what kind of mischief their dog and cat might be getting into while the family is vacationing as we ride through the various rooms of a home, maybe even taking a peek in the attic to see what the mice have been up to, and for good measure we include the teen daughter’s pet iguana, a parrot that’s learned a few new words, rabbits who’ve multiplied in our absence, and a snake about to escape from an aquarium in the youngest son’s bedroom, while at the end of the ride guests are comforted when one of the now-well-behaved pets chooses to “ride home” with them (hint: not the snake!).
I must say I am torn on this one, not necessarily because I don't like it (I do) I'm trying to think of where this would go, and how it would be feasible.

My best guess would be to put it far in the back towards Rafiki's Planet Watch, but at the same time, you wouldn't want the pets roaming the park, so it'd have to go in the front of the park, almost like the Rainforest Cafe where you can enter separately. That being said, once you're in the area - I think there is a ton of potential, and is a great spin on the term "animal" kingdom. Because Pets are animals too!

Though the E-ticket attraction name made me chuckle, as all I could think of was...:hilarious::hilarious:
bluto-animal-house-e1440523389855.jpg

Great work and thank you so much for all your fantastic contributions to the imagineering forums.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom