Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

tcool123

Original Poster
Like a knife through my heart.:eek::cry:;)
giphy.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Tinseltown Rhapsody

Classic Musicals from old and new are brought together in Tinseltown Rhapsody, a new stage show at Disney-MGM Studios. Featuring crowd-pleasing big-budget song-and-dance numbers from a number of classic hollywood musicals like Oklahoma, My Fair Lady and Fame, along with several newer numbers from Disney musicals like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and Hercules — not to mention a special appearance by a magical nanny of note — this show will "bring down the house" with every performance. Housed in the all-new Tinseltown Amphitheater next to Rock N 'Roller Coaster, the show-stopping finale will be a giant medley of hits performed by Disney's largest cast ever assembled on one stage. Hooray for Hollywood, indeed!
Rhapsody:p

You have a way with titles, I must say - they are always fantastic:D

I really like the concept of bringing a bunch of new and old together and I like how you took the initiative after the disney decade of animation hits to include them in the show!

Nice job yet again!

spacemt354

Chili's
Citizens of Hollywood: Open Audition
Expanding on the beloved cast of the Citizens of Hollywood, a custom theater will be built behind the Once Upon a Time store extending and redecorating the alley between the store and planet hollywood to create an entrance to a casting agency's audition for a new blockbuster film. Once inside the theatre, guests will be be seated similar to monster's laugh floor with the first rows reserved for actors such as directors and producers. The show will consist of actors "auditioning" in classic Citizens of Hollywood comedic style and audience participation in a large number of ways. The show will conclude with the director assigning roles to the film judging by performances and other factors.
Solid work once again Brer Robbie!

It's kinda like an old fashioned American Idol. Say what you will about that attraction, but if it opened in 2004 or 2005, it probably would have been one of the most popular in MGM - it's just, they were too late. The fad was gone.

Anyway I think this would be a neat addition - maybe in need of a bit more capacity than Laugh Floor, but nonetheless a nice job.

spacemt354

Chili's
Casting%20Call_1439395761413_93544_ver1.0.JPG

In 1998, MGM Studios had its plethora of shows featuring three musicals, a stunt show, a sound effects show, a nighttime spectacular, and even two new shows rumored to premiere in 1999 (Doug Live! And Bear in the Big Blue House), but one thing is missing from this park of movies, music and television…actors, and that is what Backstage Pass: Casting Call will remedy, utilizing a mix of improv and murder mystery dinner theatre (without the dinner) to bring a more interactive element to Disney shows.

Located where Backstage Pass Featuring 101 Dalmatians is on the map, guests will enter under the marquee and make their way through the queue past casting call advertisements, posters of three upcoming productions, and props to one of three rooms which can all operate consecutively during high volume days or operate singularly when traffic is low or another room needs refurbishment, and with each room offering a different theme (late 1930s crime drama, fantasy, and mystery, all with humorous twists), there is ample opportunity to return and try out a different production.

While waiting in line, a cast member will ask for volunteers for speaking roles and will be given a script with their speaking lines, but don’t worry if you aren’t comfortable speaking in front of others, you have the opportunity to be pulled on stage to improv a scene or make sound effects as directed.

Each performance will use (depending on the theme) creature AAs, a small cast of Disney performers, full room special effects, and costumes to add to the audience’s total experience, and to those special people who participated (volunteer actors, people pulled on stage and sound effect operators) they will receive a contract (certificate) with their name on it to take home along with a button that if worn around the park will cause instant recognition from other cast members who may want autographs.

Casting Call will be a perfect show in MGM Studios, not only for its unique format, but also for the ease on which performances can change; new scripts can replace old, worn out ones, and even holiday versions such as Halloween, Christmas, New Years, and others can be added seasonally to keep it fresh and keep guests coming back to enjoy the spotlight.
A murder mystery dinner theater? Oh yes!

And as a note I have to say, this might be the most descriptive 5 sentences in the whole contest haha

I pretty much like every single part of this, from the different themes, to the unique format, to the genre as a whole. I think this would be great fun for the whole family to enjoy. Overall...I think it might just be the perfect show for MGM, in fact may even redirect the course of the theme park as a whole, gearing more towards this genre of entertainment rather than what's "hip":rolleyes:

spacemt354

Chili's

The Hollywood Players Present: Just Another Day in HollywoodView attachment 161972

This new production featuring live improv comedy, large stunts, and fun for the whole family can be found in the newly christened Hollywood Theater, at the site of the former "Soundstage Restaurant" which can be accessed through a new Art Deco façade next to the Brown Derby's entrance, so that it is still a part of the Hollywood section of the park.
In this mid-size theater with a thrust stage and a nice paper backdrop themed to a flower meadow (akin to those used as background for princesses while they met at town square theater), the production begins as a small improv show put on by local comedy troupe, The Hollywood Players, before a small lightbulb changes throws the show into a frenzy.
Chaos ensues a Hollywood Stage Restoration Crew goes attempting to fix a lightbulb, but instead, a ladder incident sends one of their own to fly down a safety wire and through the paper backdrop, as this small comedy show transforms into a larger show.
Shortly afterwards, the a paper backdrop falls revealing a inter working of stages and catwalks which set the stage for a police chase, more stunts, more danger, and best of all, more laughs!
Audience participation also plays a key role in this comedy extravaganza, as audience members (some of which are actors in disguise) will be asked to help performers, trigger effects, select improv topics, and much more in order to help the show move along and make each experience a unique one.
The new "The Hollywood Players Present: Another Day in Hollywood" is sure to please all audiences young and old, by providing a new comedy based show at Disney's MGM Studios.
Did you draw that Magic?

Very nice job! I think like some of the other concepts, the idea of improv theater is something that would be a really cool addition to the parks as a whole. Overall, just a really solid concept!

This seems like a running theme through all of these but I don't have a lot to say

Maybe I'm just in a good mood? (How can I be I'm studying for the MCAT and this is my break:hilarious:) I don't know what it is...but great job to everyone again!

spacemt354

Chili's
Prompt 7 - October 1998 - Results

To celebrate everyone's accomplishments in this round - here are the results!:)

Basically how I divided it up was:

Bronze - really liked the concept, but there were some elements that left me wanting more (whether it be more description or an elaboration of a concept to push it over the edge)
Silver - very unique and well thought out, only thing holding it back was essentially that this was just a tough round
Gold - best of the best, just great work and stuffed a lot into 5 sentences of description to sway me.

Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

Goes to @Brer Robbie @michmousefan @DlpPhantom !!

Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

Goes to @OvertheHorizon @tcool123 and @Fox&Hound !!

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Goes to @Magic Feather @David2319 and @FigmentPigments !!

Participation Awards!
last+place+loser+tropy+ribbon+funny+loser+sports+charlotte+bobcats+last+place+detroit+lions+worst+team+mets+loser+trophy+basketball+funny+news+funny+sports+news+funny+making+fun+of+players+sports+athlets.jpg

Thank you for submitting and for your great ideas - let's get to the next challenge!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Prompt 8 - October 1999
is.php

Jumping ahead to 1999 - Disney's Animal Kingdom has a few amenities and experiences such as Dinosaur and Kilaminjaro Safari, however it needs something else to push it over the edge for years to come.

And as a refresher, in the One Sentence Contest, we've designed"
A hotel, dark ride, water ride, pavilion, restaurant, and refurbishment, a show, and finally -- a land!

The Challenge:
In this scenario, you must come up with an "elevator pitch" for a new land at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The trick this time however, is that the land cannot be based on a continent. And it can't be Beastly Kingdomme. It has to be your own creation - a land that fits with the spirit of Animal Kingdom and will be there for decades to come.

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description. You may also include an image and music if it helps.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Two more challenges to go, let's finish strong!

This project will be due on Saturday September 17th at 8 PM EST (but you can turn it in early if you wish!)

Good Luck and Have Fun Imagineers!:)

*With A Twist in Time - wdwmagic's newest imagineering competition, beginning soon - this will be the final challenge before we go on a break for a while. Don't worry - we will be back, and it was a pleasure having the privilege to host one of these episodes:oops: I appreciate it a lot!

To give back to all of you - for your own creative ideas - there is a bonus challenge as well. The bonus challenge can be anything you want. You make up the concept - and submit it. You can submit it before Saturday, or you can submit it whenever you have time during our break, just to give you total control and flexibility over a concept you may have - and also to keep us coming back to the One Sentence Contest and having fun reading each other's concepts!:D

Let's end this on a high note!:geek:

spacemt354

Chili's
Medal Leaderboard - Updated!

G = Gold
S = Silver
B = Bronze
HM = Honorable Mention

FigmentPigments - 3G 2HM
Magic Feather - 3G 1B
OvertheHorizon - 1G 3S 1B 2HM
Tony the Tigger - 1S 3B 1HM

David2319 - 2G 1S 1B
kmbmw777 - 1S 1B 1HM
Brer Robbie - 1G 2B
Fox&Hound - 2S 1HM
Disney Dad 3000 - 1S 1HM
michmousefan - 1S 1B 1HM
DlpPhantom - 1B 1HM
Angels and Disney's - 1HM
tcool123 - 1S 1HM

DlpPhantom

The Pride Lands
th0POEK0E7.jpg

A brand new land based on the very popular Lion King is located right next to Africa. The center piece of the land is pride rock inside is Simba's Journey a water ride like pirates telling the story of Simba. near the entrance of the land is the relocated Festival of the Lion King. The main feature for thrill seekers is The Elephant Graveyard a suspended high speed coaster around green lava and elephant bones. Adding a total of 2 E ticket attractions and 5 animal exhibits it is a great expansion of Animal Kingdom.

Magic Feather

image.jpeg

This new, highly immersive area called Fairytale Forest (sponsored by the National Parks Service), themed to an enchanted North American forest where a magical butterfly's enchanting powers recreate favorite storybook scenes, will be located in what was originally destined to become Camp Minnie-Mickey, creating a family oriented area with a large scale dark ride, a flume ride, a magical table service eatery, and an enchanting atmosphere that will become a staple in Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
The primary attraction named, "Quest for the Enchanted Butterfly" will have guests board park ranger jeeps as they follow an enchanted butterfly, whose pixie dust like magic transports guests into favorite woodland fairytales and stories, such as a Bambi and The Fox and the Hound, and classics like The Three Little Pigs and Little Red Riding Hood, as they come to life via animatronic scenes and fiber optic effects to make an awe-inspiring experience.
The C-Ticket attraction entitled "Just Around the Riverbend", is an indoor, log flume ride themed to Pocahontas's journey, that provides ground-breaking projection effects, mild family thrills, and mystical visuals that transport you to the native village and over the waterfalls in a thrilling experience fit for all ages.
The Grapevine is a magical table service eatery where guests can dine under a dense tree canopy where the dining room comes to life with fiber-optic effects and dramatic lighting in addition to projection effects that make this a unique and immersive dining experience that is a must do for all families.
The tall Redwood and Sequoia trees that surround guests in this enchanting forest come to life at night with dramatic lighting, in addition to creating an iconic atmosphere that families will treasure for years to come in Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom